Enchanted Princess Dining

nomoe

17 minutes ago, nomoe said:

Are all the dining rooms on Enchanted Princess anytime dining?  Which dining room is the nicest?  Quietest?  Thank you

All dining in Princess is "anytime aka Dine My Way.

The three dining rooms are e same menu, same kitchen, same service standard. Noise level is similar as they're same size. Basically same amount of windows/window seating. And so forth.  Slight differences in decor... 

It's truly just a difference between location. 

25 minutes ago, nomoe said:

Are all the dining rooms on Enchanted Princess anytime dining?  Which dining room is the nicest?  Quietest?  Thank you

I believe the deck 5 midship MDR has its own dedicated Kitchen whereas the Deck6 midship and aft MDR share a kitchen located between the 2.

Depending on where your cabin is located or what you are doing just before dinner may influence your choice of dining venue to minimize walking, especially if your cabin is located very forward, it is a long walk to the deck 6 aft dining room accessible only by stairs from deck 7 aft or the aft elevators.

10 hours ago, reedprincess said:

The three dining rooms are e same menu, same kitchen, same service standard. Noise level is similar as they're same size. Basically same amount of windows/window seating. And so forth.  Slight differences in decor... 

It's truly just a difference between location. 

I believe the DR on deck 6 aft has more windows.

10 hours ago, reedprincess said:

At least until Sun Princess where in the three level dining room, one level will be fixed dining, one level will be anytime with reservations and the remaining level will be anytime without reservations.  

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I think that’s Amalfi.  I managed to secure 5:00 reservations there for each night.  We are a group of 6 with a couple kids.  They will want to eat early and we are hoping to make a couple early shows.

Extra windows are a good thing. We had window seats for dinner on the Sapphire and were watching whales within an hour of leaving Vancouver.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

I think that’s Amalfi.  I managed to secure 5:00 reservations there for each night.  We are a group of 6 with a couple kids.  They will want to eat early and we are hoping to make a couple early shows.

Extra windows are a good thing. We had window seats for dinner on the Sapphire and were watching whales within an hour of leaving Vancouver.

We don't normally go to that DR since we always book a central cabin. If the DR on deck 5 were overly crowded it might be our second choice. 

We will be on the Enchanted in March. We have reserved DMW for 6:PM each evening in the Amalfi DR. We also have the Plus Package. Looks like among other things listed is 2 casual dining meals per guests. Where do I find or does anyone know what restaurants do we select from?  

Following! I don’t understand the 2 free casual meals. (I have plus package) a lot of people have recommended Gigi’s. I googled what are the free places to eat-Gigi’s was listed as extra cost. (?) 

17 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Following! I don’t understand the 2 free casual meals. (I have plus package) a lot of people have recommended Gigi’s. I googled what are the free places to eat-Gigi’s was listed as extra cost. (?) 

Yes, so if you go twice, it’s free.  You will pay for your third and subsequent visits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Karen,  with recent changes...  Alfredo's/Gigis is now an additional upcharge...  You will have TWO visits to these casual, but uncharge, restaurants with your package.  O'Malleys is also one of the casual, but upcharge, dining options.

With your package you will have TWO full meals at these 'casual' venues.

You can also go and order an item or two, Ala carte.   like just a pizza at Gigi's/Alfredo's,  or just a burger at O'Malley's.

You can use one visit at each of these, or two visits at any one of these.

I am among the many that recommend Gigi's/Alfredo's!   I can't give an opinion on O'Malley's.

Crown Grill, Sabatini's, The Catch, are specialty dining restaurants...  and they are not included in the Plus package.

Enjoy!!!!

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Thanks 2

Thank you both! I understand Now. One more question (I’m sure that’s not going to prove true!) on CCL every morning they’d post the MDR  dinner menu for that night on the app. Does Princess do this? So can determine what days to go to alternative restaurants? And is the dinner buffet usually the same as MDR offerings? (That’s 2 questions. I warned you!) TIA 

30 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Thank you both! I understand Now. One more question (I’m sure that’s not going to prove true!) on CCL every morning they’d post the MDR  dinner menu for that night on the app. Does Princess do this? So can determine what days to go to alternative restaurants? And is the dinner buffet usually the same as MDR offerings? (That’s 2 questions. I warned you!) TIA 

Yes, the daily menu is posted each day via the app, also listed outside the MDRs and outside the buffet. It is not listed in advance of cruise. 

Yes, the buffet usually has some of the same MDR items. Also, each night, the buffet has a different theme, such as German night with schnitzel, bratwurst, sour 🥬 and so forth or Asian night with made to order stir fry and various different Asian dishes, Italian night with different pastas, arancini, etc.  And so forth. Check the daily event planner for each night's theme. 

16 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Have they removed the service areas aft and added seating by the aft windows ? Haven't ever noticed aft facing windows in MDR... Otherwise, it's just the side windows, as per other ships in class.. 

Edited by reedprincess
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Have they removed the service areas aft and added seating by the aft windows ? Haven't ever noticed aft facing windows in MDR... Otherwise, it's just the side windows, as per other ships in class.. 

Sorry, I don't really know. It's been a long time since we last ate there. 

13 minutes ago, barkingator said:

What has happened with escargot on Enchanted Princess? Our Christmas cruise, it was not on the menu any night.

Sounds like the F&B manger goofed up. 

57 minutes ago, barkingator said:

What has happened with escargot on Enchanted Princess? Our Christmas cruise, it was not on the menu any night.

Nor was it on our Xmas/New Year's cruise

on Emerald.

1 hour ago, barkingator said:

They did have escargot but perhaps it was on the New Years cruise.

I can't recall for sure which cruise it was.

20 hours ago, MissP22 said:

They did have escargot but perhaps it was on the New Years cruise.

I can't recall for sure which cruise it was.

I know someone who’s on Enchanted now. They had escargot last night. Forgot to ask which restaurant! Maybe for 💖 day? 

On Christmas Eve I asked the waiter when escargot would be on the menu. He shook his head “no”. After many Princess cruises I replied, kinda joking, “what’s going on with Princess!!!”  He said let me talk to the chef and ten minutes later we had delicious snails!😋

3 minutes ago, barkingator said:

hopefully it will be on menu for my return to the Enchanted princess in April 24.

My wife will be disappointed if escargot isn't offered on our 27 March Enchanted cruise.