Concierge Level Cabin

KiRiMi

Hi,  we are new to Oceania, looking to book a cruise for this coming July.  We are trying to decide between a standard balcony cabin or a higher level concierge cabin.  The website doesn't make it easy to compare but, so far, we don't see a huge benefit to the Concierge level given the cost.

We would love to hear from experienced Oceania cruiser about their opinions on this topic.

Best regards,

Kim and Richard

Concierge is nice to have and if you are coming from another line that had butler service then it is likely something you want.

-no difference in the room size unless you go with a suite

-get a bottle of champagne in your room

-higher priority in boarding and better restaurant booking access.

- full access to the spa mineral pool and private spa area (can apparently buy a pass for 25/person/day)

-access to the concierge lounge

-believe you get a free bag of laundry service

We have gone with standard balcony / no concierge.as we didn't see the value for our particular needs

If you go with concierge its worth going thru Oceania posts to understand how to get the maximum benefit of the level.  Hope you enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KiRiMi said:

Hi,  we are new to Oceania, looking to book a cruise for this coming July.  We are trying to decide between a standard balcony cabin or a higher level concierge cabin.  The website doesn't make it easy to compare but, so far, we don't see a huge benefit to the Concierge level given the cost.

We would love to hear from experienced Oceania cruiser about their opinions on this topic.

Best regards,

Kim and Richard

You didn't say which ship, but the R-ships do not have a Concierge Lounge that other folks are mentioning. if that is an important amenity to you.

• Like 1

The dining side  of a cruise is important to us - so the earlier date at which you can book speciality restaurants is important to us. Means we get a better chance of making a reservation for the times and dates we want. Even then, for our forthcoming cruise, we didnt get 100% of our first choice

• Like 2

We are planning to book the Norway Fjords cruise on the Marina.  There is only one sea day on this cruise so I think the spa would not be a high priority.  Priority access to restaurants might be the only perk worth booking the Concierge cabin.

Thanks to everyone that has replied!

O's website is not the easiest to navigate. There is a page with the concierge-level description which includes links to some of the amenities (like expanded dining, lounge, spa terrace): https://www.oceaniacruises.com/concierge-veranda

Note that O can be slow to update info, such as "Aboard Marina and Riviera, exclusive card-only access to private Concierge Lounge...". Vista and Allura also have these lounges.

• Like 1

Did a 20-night B2B on Riviera 10-11/2023. First 10 nights in a concierge A3 and the 2nd 10 nights in a non-concierge B3.

We were able to get far better dining times for our A3 nights than with our B3 nights. With the later, we ended up with 8:30 and 9 pm times. So few dined at those times. O even moved the 9 pm back to 8:30, I suspect because no one else was showing up that late. I suspect many G-B passengers just don't dine at all at 8:30 or 9. With the A3 we were able to get 6:30 times, which we preferred.

We did enjoy the large therapy pool on Riviera (which is different & larger than on Marina or on the R-class ships).

Riviera has the concierge lounge, which does provide a good selection of American, Canadian and British newspapers. I do love to read a good newspaper daily.

Whether it is worth it for you may depend upon the price. It cost us $150 more for the A3 than the B3, but both were booked off the Extraordinary Savings Sale in 2023. Looking back, I think I WOULD pay the $150 for the A3, but that's pushing my limit. It wasn't as if the benefits were so dramatic that I'd pay a lot more than that.

• Like 1

Only “real” benefit we experienced with a concierge cabin on Riviera was three free bags of laundry.  The concierge lounge is not much of a space.  Its tiny, and we rarely saw the concierge there, and I did not find her all that knowledgeable in general.

• Like 1

I asked that question a while ago and although the majority ppl responses were not worth it. We went for it at the end because of the priority booking to the specialty dining and the little nice to have perks like access to the spa (though u can pay $25/person/day), room service with access to the menu in GDR (but ppl said they would bring u everything in one go and there is not a table big enough to put down everything), free laundry x 3 (you can still do your own in the ship), free bottle of champagne (u will also find champagne during your meals), concerige lounge (it is not a big one)

But it was only $150 difference/pax for us so we might as well try it out as it will be our first time on O. Let's see. 

Edited by vipro
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, thebsinmiss said:

We have gone with standard balcony / no concierge.as we didn't see the value for our particular needs

We also. Except for the dining times, nothing is a plus for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psoque said:

Only “real” benefit we experienced with a concierge cabin on Riviera was three free bags of laundry.  The concierge lounge is not much of a space.  Its tiny, and we rarely saw the concierge there, and I did not find her all that knowledgeable in general.

That was also out experience with the concierge lounge. And I believe everyone has access to the spa area, but the outdoor thermal pool is only accessible for concierge.

• Like 1

In my experience it was quite valuable for the following reasons:

Location of Stateroom, especially if the motion of the ocean can bother you.

Earlier Specialty dining reservations date.

Free access to the Spa Deck and Therapy pool which can be quite beneficial, not $25 per day.

Concierge Lounge is a benefit if you choose to use it, always a drink or snack available, newspapers, computers and a Concierge in the a.m and late afternoon/evening. 

The price is just not that much more in the grand scheme of things.

My ultimate reason and why I would not opt out, we were on Riviera once and sailing into Positano the next morning and we had a long private tour booked. 5:00 p.m. the Captain announced we would be docking in Naples due to weather the next morning.  I walked into the CL and sat down with the Concierge and she immediately made the call to my Tour Operator, rescheduling the location and time for our pick up and we were done and anxiety squashed.  We walked downstairs past Destination’s and there were hundreds of people lined up in a panic trying to rebook Private as well as Ship tours and that went on for several hours. That assistance won my vote, just like insurance, when you need it you need it.  JMHO.

Mauibabes

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, thebsinmiss said:

Concierge is nice to have and if you are coming from another line that had butler service then it is likely something you want.

-no difference in the room size unless you go with a suite

-get a bottle of champagne in your room

-higher priority in boarding and better restaurant booking access.

- full access to the spa mineral pool and private spa area (can apparently buy a pass for 25/person/day)

-access to the concierge lounge

-believe you get a free bag of laundry service

If you go with concierge its worth going thru Oceania posts to understand how to get the maximum benefit of the level.  Hope you enjoy your cruise.

We are on Marina now in an A1 concierge level cabin. No butler service available. That is Penthouse and above. 3 bags of wash and fold laundry on a 21 day itinerary but they no longer offer 3 free garment pressings at this level.  Must also clarify that a concierge cabin in the R ships is significantly smaller than on the purpose built Marina or Riviera.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, h789ezc said:

Well unlimited access to the spa is very nice on the concierge level

But they don't have spas on the smaller ships...Regatta, insignia

Or concierge lounge

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrammieK said:

All O ships have a spa with spa terrace, but it’s much smaller on the smaller ships. 
k🛥️

Yes... I was wrong.  Never noticed them before 

• Like 1

I see that the Concierge cabins on Vista are listed as being 291 square feet with a 27 square foot veranda.  Do you know if the 291 square feet includes the veranda or excludes the veranda.  Different cruise lines include or exclude the veranda from the cabin square foot size even when they list the veranda size separately.

Edited by ppanyan
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, KiRiMi said:

We are planning to book the Norway Fjords cruise on the Marina.  There is only one sea day on this cruise so I think the spa would not be a high priority.  Priority access to restaurants might be the only perk worth booking the Concierge cabin.

Thanks to everyone that has replied!

You also get three 20-items of free laundry (wash and fold), which we find is a very nice perk. We also like having access to the hot tub on the spa deck.