flight late for cruise departure?

grest

Forgive me, I cannot find the answer to this.   We have reservations on the Gem out of Boston  to Bermuda next month.    Flight (NCL on JetBlue) arrives around 12:30.    I understand that the port is nearby, but getting out of the plane, waiting for luggage, transferring to the port....what if we don't get there on time?    Does NCL take any responsibility?    Would our trip be over or will they eventually get us to Bermuda?  Thanks.

Don't you have NCL transfer if you booked through them? That will make things easier for you and unless there is a delay you shouldn't have any issues.

(Personally I prefer flying in the day before the cruise for peace of mind. Having said that, I will arrive in Cape Town on the day of departure in a couple of weeks. Flight, booked through NCL, arrival time is 7.40 am and the cruise starts with an overnight in Cape Town, so I should be fine even if there is some sort of hickup.)

• Like 2

Did you book the air through NCL? Either way, please please consider trip insurance!  We had one near miss, with a medical emergency on the flight which made us late (something you can't plan for but happens).  We had to purchase the final connection out of pocket.  

Had no luggage for three days. These tight connections are a headache waiting to happen.  food for thought. 

• Like 1

Two suggestions.
First, always fly in at least a day early.

Second, always get insurance. DD once missed a cruise from Florida because although she had plane reservations to fly in a day early, horrific storms up and down the East Coast backed up flight for 2 days.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, grest said:

Thanks....and yes, we purchased insurance when we booked.

Don't stress about it. Take it from someone who always worries about "what if?" Enjoy your cruise, we sailed on the Gem in 2021 and loved it. It was our first-ever NCL cruise.

• Like 3

i have advised this many times. if you take ncl up on their flight offers, you give up control of your flight times and seating. 

regardless of the price savings, i always book my own air reservations, and especially if you're are flying into a foreign port, we go in a few days early, to explore the city.

• Like 1