Location for CC get together on Royal Princess?

TrixieBel

Can anyone who has organised or attended a CC get together on the Royal let me know which space it gets scheduled into by the events officer/liaison? 

We are sailing on the Royal in 2025. When we sailed on the Majestic in 2023 I organised the Cruise Critic get together and it was in the Solarium lounge area at the bow just past the adult pool. That was a great place to have it. On the Royal that area doesn’t exist.

Edited by TrixieBel

I believe that it will depend upon the number of people that you expect to attend. They will not give you a space that will hold 150 people when you only have 25 attending. 

You will probably not get a choice. 

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrixieBel said:

Can anyone who has organised or attended a CC get together on the Royal let me know which space it gets scheduled into by the events officer/liaison? 

Confirmed by Princess:

12 hours ago, call_your_mother said:

DATE:    March 16, 2024

VENUE:   Wheelhouse Bar

TIME:   10 am - 11 am

The Royal Princess March 15 Meet & Greet

32 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

DATE:    March 16, 2024

VENUE:   Wheelhouse Bar

TIME:   10 am - 11 am

The Royal Princess March 15 Meet & Greet

Thank you…. That makes sense given it looks like a generally quieter, less attended venue, on the Royal. 

We had a great turnout of ship’s officers at the one on the Majestic. Will be interesting to see if there’s such a good turnout by officers in a more public area. It was so interesting being able to ask questions of engineering officers etc. 

Hmm, I've been to CC get togethers in the Vista Lounge, Club 6 and Wheelhouse on both Royal and Regal.... It will depend on how many people, where staff aboard is prepared to hold it, etc.

Wheelhouse is good, but very open - I personally preferred Club 6 for smaller groups - more private, etc. 

2025 is many moons away :ots of time for it to change.. 

• Thanks 1

In December 2023 on Royal the CC meeting was in the Wedding Chapel on Riviera deck as we were only a small group of about a dozen. Half a dozen officers attended and we were able to get drinks from the Concierge Lounge next door. The location would probably depend on how many are going. 

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Thanks 1

Our 4/6/24 M&G was going to be in Take 5 until we had over 180 participants,  then we were moved to Symphony Dining Room this month. At least we know before we embark! Found out the day before the M&G on the Enchanted Transatlantic that we were moved to Vista Lounge (also 180)! Events Coordinator had an urgent msg waiting for me when I got onboard 😁

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Our 4/6/24 M&G was going to be in Take 5 until we had over 180 participants,  then we were moved to Symphony Dining Room this month.

Wow! Big group! I don't think I've ever been to one that large. 

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

Our 4/6/24 M&G was going to be in Take 5 until we had over 180 participants,  then we were moved to Symphony Dining Room this month. At least we know before we embark! Found out the day before the M&G on the Enchanted Transatlantic that we were moved to Vista Lounge (also 180)! Events Coordinator had an urgent msg waiting for me when I got onboard 😁

Impressive number! Hope it goes smoothly. 

• Like 1

Hi Cool Cruisers,

We'd like to register for the Meet & Greet thank you.  Our names are John and Fay Binns from Lennox Head, NSW.  Looking forward to meeting fellow cruisers on March 16.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skennarshead said:

Hi Cool Cruisers,

We'd like to register for the Meet & Greet thank you.  Our names are John and Fay Binns from Lennox Head, NSW.  Looking forward to meeting fellow cruisers on March 16.

Hi there. This was my general question about get togethers on the Royal. To register for a specific get together you should find the page for your specific sailing in the ROLL CALLS section of this site. 

1 minute ago, TrixieBel said:

Hi there. This was my general question about get togethers on the Royal. To register for a specific get together you should find the page for your specific sailing in the ROLL CALLS section of this site. 

Hello TrixieBel

I will post a flyer tomorrow night with each Meet & Greet's information and the links to get to them.

The flyer will be posted here and on the appropriate Cruise Critic sites that will include:

March 15 sailing of the Royal Princess

March 31 sailing of the Majestic Princess

April 10 sailing of the Majestic Princess

April 19 sailing of the Majestic Princess

May 12 sailing of the Majestic Princess

I hope it helps.

Sherri

• Thanks 1