Jewel OTS oceanview cabin layout?

Good morning,

I'm trying to get accurate info on Jewel of the Seas oceanview cabin configurations. I use cruisedeckplans-dot-com and some photos show the head of the bed directly under the window and some show the bed at 90° to the window. I'm specifically interested in the cabins forward on deck 3.

For anyone here who has recently stayed in one of these cabins, what was your cabin layout?

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your best bet is to pick a cabin and google the cabin number to see if any photos available.

I am pretty sure the head of the bed will be at the window.   

I hadn't thought of this Google thing. Brilliant!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I've stayed in many oceanview cabins on RCI ships and in every one of them, the bed has been under the window. I've never seen one 90° to the window.

Well, I have stayed in a few OV cabins on RCI with the bed 90 degrees from the window.  The ones that spring to mind are the forward facing OV cabins.  They typically have a bit of extra lower headroom space by the slanted front windows.

That said, if I booked a standard OV cabin on deck 3 of Jewel I would anticipate the bed under the window.

22 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I've stayed in many oceanview cabins on RCI ships and in every one of them, the bed has been under the window. I've never seen one 90° to the window.

My (side facing) Spacious OV on Voyager was 90° to the window.

Edited by Another_Critic

25 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Here is an example of why I asked. This is a non-forward facing cabin,

ScreenShot2024-02-25at11_47_13AM.png.9abb248b1b33145f06e41b0a3c404bbb.png

Edited by craig01020

19 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Here is an example of why I asked. This is a non-forward facing cabin,

ScreenShot2024-02-25at11_47_13AM.png.9abb248b1b33145f06e41b0a3c404bbb.png

This layout is actually nicer than bed at the window.    Whenever we have had a OV cabin with head of bed at the window I hate having to kneel at top of bed to look out the window.    I looked up cabin 3504 photos and that one shows head of bed under the window.   

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This layout is actually nicer than bed at the window.    Whenever we have had a OV cabin with head of bed at the window I hate having to kneel at top of bed to look out the window.    I looked up cabin 3504 photos and that one shows head of bed under the window.   

I agree, but now you can see why I'm asking. Maybe I'll just pay more for a balcony cabin because I prefer a sure thing.

• Like 1

I learned something new today. As I stated, every oceanview room that I've stayed in has had the bed under the window. I just assumed they had to be that way for some reason. I always thought it was a lousy layout because it was difficult to look out the window. We have "graduated" to balcony cabins so we don't stay in oceanviews much anymore. We stayed in one last year on a very port-intensive itinerary (the bed was under the window) and we decided that would be our last oceanview.

27 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

I agree, but now you can see why I'm asking. Maybe I'll just pay more for a balcony cabin because I prefer a sure thing.

The downside to these cabins is they are directly under the theater so you may hear noises when they are rehearsing, cleaning and during nighttime shows.     If wanting a OV I personally prefer deck 4 on this ship class.   The aft cabins have bed against the wall, not the window. 

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The downside to these cabins is they are directly under the theater so you may hear noises when they are rehearsing, cleaning and during nighttime shows.

I was thinking of booking 3026, which is far enough back to have a cabin above it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

I was thinking of booking 3026, which is far enough back to have a cabin above it.

I was in 3526 for a Sept 2023 cruise and the head of the bed would have been under the window, but in our case separated to the side as I was with my sister.

Edit.  I just looked my cabin was in the same spot, just on the other side of the ship.  

Edited by Cherful59
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Cherful59 said:

I was in 3526 for a Sept 2023 cruise and the head of the bed would have been under the window, but in our case separated to the side as I was with my sister.

Edit.  I just looked my cabin was in the same spot, just on the other side of the ship.  

Thanks. That answers my original question!

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I saw in some of the sideways bed photos of an ocean view on an on line site showed a door.  The inside door between some adjoining door cabins is back by the window wall which would put it in the middle of the bed with the twin set up.  When there is a connecting door the bed is sideways (at least sometimes).  We have cabin 4501 on a 16 day cruise is August.  Hope it is OK.  We usually get a balcony but the ship is nearly booked out and the balcony cabins are expensive.  This is Amsterdam to Boston with Iceland and Greenland so a great cruise at least on paper.  There is supposed to be a dry dock in April.