Juice Bar - Smoothies (recent and current cruisers)

The packages are supposed to include the juice bar.

I have no idea what 'smoothies' are, and where to get them on most ships.

It seems that on some ships, the only thing now available is a very limited selection of 'juices', that could be any re-constituted plain 'juice'.

If this is true, leave it to Princess to offer a 'package perk' that really does not amount to much.

This is not good news.

We are looking forward to the SUN,  and the Enchanted.  Can anyone here confirm what is available in juices and/or smoothies?

The juice is fresh and can be a blend of different fruits.  I prefer a smoothie.    You’ve never had a smoothie?  I’ve had one every morning for years.  A blend of fruits and berries and veggies and ice and fresh mint or honey and many different combinations.  I love a green smoothie with honey. Mango is lovely, too.   I buy frozen fruit to make my own. It all goes into a high power blender and you get this milkshake like drink that’s delicious.  Where I live you can buy one at the fitness centre and they cost about $10.00 each.  Very expensive, so Princess is offering a good deal to include them.

Of course, if you don’t like this type of thing then it’s no value to you.  For many of us, it’s terrific.  

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

The juice is fresh and can be a blend of different fruits.  I prefer a smoothie.    You’ve never had a smoothie?  I’ve had one every morning for years.  A blend of fruits and berries and veggies and ice and fresh mint or honey and many different combinations.  I love a green smoothie with honey. Mango is lovely, too.   I buy frozen fruit to make my own. It all goes into a high power blender and you get this milkshake like drink that’s delicious.  Where I live you can buy one at the fitness centre and they cost about $10.00 each.  Very expensive, so Princess is offering a good deal to include them.

Of course, if you don’t like this type of thing then it’s no value to you.  For many of us, it’s terrific.  

Thanks Lady -

Big Juices and Smoothies fan here as well!

Where physically on the ships are they? It will be our first Princess cruise and it will be the Discovery.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Thanks Lady -

Big Juices and Smoothies fan here as well!

Where physically on the ships are they? It will be our first Princess cruise and it will be the Discovery.

Wake View Bar, deck 16 on Discovery.

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

The packages are supposed to include the juice bar.

I have no idea what 'smoothies' are, and where to get them on most ships.

It seems that on some ships, the only thing now available is a very limited selection of 'juices', that could be any re-constituted plain 'juice'.

If this is true, leave it to Princess to offer a 'package perk' that really does not amount to much.

This is not good news.

We are looking forward to the SUN,  and the Enchanted.  Can anyone here confirm what is available in juices and/or smoothies?

It's fresh juice, like a juice bar at Whole Foods, Erewhon, Kreation, etc. Think Whole30 inspired.

There's no dairy used, so it's healthy, not fattening like a smoothie or milkshake. 

If you're looking for sweet cream like, it's not for you. 

Screenshot 2024-02-25 12.30.06 PM.png

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, startedwithamouse said:

It's fresh juice, like a juice bar at Whole Foods, Erewhon, Kreation, etc. Think Whole30 inspired.

There's no dairy used, so it's healthy, not fattening like a smoothie or milkshake. 

I love vanilla oat milk with a banana and a drizzle of maple syrup, with or without ice.  Tastes like a creamy milkshake but very healthy.  You should try one, it’s delicious!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Thank you for the menu. Does anyone know where the Juice bar is on the Emerald Princess?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Wake View Bar, deck 16 on Discovery.

We were on Discovery last month and the juice bar was in the middle of the buffet.  It was a room with coffee and pastries.  Very inconvenient for us as we do not eat in the buffet.  On the Caribbean Princess it was at one of the pool bars which was more convenient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HotRoot said:

We were on Discovery last month and the juice bar was in the middle of the buffet.  It was a room with coffee and pastries.  Very inconvenient for us as we do not eat in the buffet.  On the Caribbean Princess it was at one of the pool bars which was more convenient.

That’s weird.  Was it moved, I wonder?  

38 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

That’s weird.  Was it moved, I wonder?  

When were you on the Discovery? We have been on it a number of times since it launched just a few years ago. The juice bar has always been located in the Pastry Shop of the World Fresh Marketplace on all of our cruises. 

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

This is no longer available on the Crown, was just on for 10 days and they switched it for a juice machine that had good, but watered down juices. They were at 3 locations on the ship, ice cream shop, bar by the pool and br by the aft pool.  I really wanted the nutter and it was a no go… I didn’t grab a pic of the menu, each serves different ones 

IMG_2087.jpeg

Edited by jaycruising

20 minutes ago, jaycruising said:

This is no longer available on the Crown, was just on for 10 days and they switched it for a juice machine that had good, but watered down juices. They were at 3 locations on the ship, ice cream shop, bar by the pool and br by the aft pool.  I really wanted the nutter and it was a no go… I didn’t grab a pic of the menu, each serves different ones 

IMG_2087.jpeg

What about the premium juice bar?  It's included in Plus, and only available in the morning. 

The premium juice bars all have the same menu, fleetwide. It's unlimited with Plus.

Is this an all day thing?

Edited by startedwithamouse

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

It's always been there, since it was launched. It was there when we got off last week. 

Pastry shop across from the specialty coffee/tea area.

I never use the buffet and I’ve never been in the pastry shop.  I always had the bartender at the Wake View bar make a smoothie for me.  He had all the ingredients.  I assumed this was the only place, but I stand corrected.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

What about the premium juice bar?  It's included in Plus, and only available in the morning. 

The premium juice bars all have the same menu, fleetwide. It's unlimited with Plus.

Is this an all day thing?

This is the premium juice on Crown… they don’t have the other menu, at least on Crown anymore, I asked because I wanted it. It was one plus perk I wanted to use since I won’t do the desserts.  They told me that they had changed and now had these juice machines. 

i only had them in the mornings after working out, with my breakfast. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jaycruising said:

This is the premium juice on Crown… they don’t have the other menu, at least on Crown anymore, I asked because I wanted it. It was one plus perk I wanted to use since I won’t do the desserts.  They told me that they had changed and now had these juice machines. 

i only had them in the mornings after working out, with my breakfast. 

Wonder how long it will be until they remove the perk from Plus? 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I had seen the comments about the 'juices' in machines...  and that does not sound good.

If they are going to list this as part of the package, and then, it is basically so limited that it is not what one expects...    

Would Princess actually be doing this on more ships????

That is why I started this thread.

Yes,  I do know that juices and smoothies are...  we do have a Vitamix!!!