Juice Bar - Smoothies (recent and current cruisers)

We were on the Ruby last year and had the Plus package. We were able to order fresh squeezed orange juice with Plus in the MDR & the buffet. It was so good and much better than the regular OJ you get in the MDR.  You could order a large glass full if you wanted, too.  They said they had to go to the juice bar to get it but it didn’t take long. In the buffet they didn’t seem to know how to get it.  Our waiter finally asked someone where to get it and went off to do so. The first time it took him about 10 min but after that we were able to tell him how to get it. On our cruise on Regal in Jan 2024  we didn’t have Plus so didn’t get fresh squeezed. It has a charge if you don’t have Plus. We’re back on there in Mar with Plus, so we will hopefully be able to get fresh squeezed again. Just FYI 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

They might not make this easy to find and access...  but many of us will be on a mission!!!

I'm with you on making it a mission!

Next month is our first Princess cruise and it is on a "solar eclipse" cruise - so yes - the "solar eclipse" thingy will be a main highlight - but I am  putting  smoothies and juices pretty darn close behind that in things I am looking forward to on that cruise. 😎

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

I'm with you on making it a mission!

Next month is our first Princess cruise and it is on a "solar eclipse" cruise - so yes - the "solar eclipse" thingy will be a main highlight - but I am  putting  smoothies and juices pretty darn close behind that in things I am looking forward to on that cruise. 😎

If you can’t locate it on your own just keep asking crew and staff where it is.  I’m sure you’ll find it on your first day.  If you want a really good smoothie go to the bar nearest the buffet.  They have all the ingredients and if not they’ll get it from the buffet and custom make one for you.  They are terrific!

• Like 1

The Juice Bar was one of my favorite parts of our cruise last Month on the Regal. 

It was located in the middle of the buffet with the specialty coffees and pastries.

Got pretty addicted to them, The Nutter and the Tropical Twist were my favorites. 

Just got off the Discovery and while I liked the juice bar, it was my favorite. They premade all the ingredients so no blending is required. What you get is less waiting in line but waterdowned juices. On the Enchanted, they premeasure all the ingredients but they juice it in front of you, which I found tasted much better.

3 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

The Juice Bar was one of my favorite parts of our cruise last Month on the Regal. 

It was located in the middle of the buffet with the specialty coffees and pastries.

Got pretty addicted to them, The Nutter and the Tropical Twist were my favorites. 

Thanks for location on Regal - will be there in April.  Do you know the hours the Juice Bar is available?

Just now, socmft said:

Thanks for location on Regal - will be there in April.  Do you know the hours the Juice Bar is available?

I think it was 6am to 2pm?  I think I had a couple during a lunch buffet, but not 100 percent sure on that one.  It's possible that the hours changed on Sea Days as well.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crookshanks said:

I think it was 6am to 2pm?  I think I had a couple during a lunch buffet, but not 100 percent sure on that one.  It's possible that the hours changed on Sea Days as well.  

On Grand Princess those were the hours. Loved the Immune Booster and The Cleanser. (Hated the one just called The Booster. Leave it to Princess to have two drinks with similar names that are completely different.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

On Grand Princess those were the hours. Loved the Immune Booster and The Cleanser. (Hated the one just called The Booster. Leave it to Princess to have two drinks with similar names that are completely different.)

Oh yeah! Absolutely different! 🤣

That's where it's a good thing it's unlimited! 

23 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

What about the premium juice bar?  It's included in Plus, and only available in the morning. 

The premium juice bars all have the same menu, fleetwide. It's unlimited with Plus.

Is this an all day thing?

We were on Coral last week and the juice bar was near the pastries in the buffet. We had Plus and I tried two of the juices which were terrible. They were served in the same size cups as the standard juices available to all. Looked nothing like the picture on the sign. I stuck to the stock standard pineapple juice after that. Fortunately I get the Plus package for the WiFi and drinks so it didn't really matter but I found the juice inclusion a joke based on my experience. It may have been the staff not yet being up to date with the new juices but first impressions, nah.

28 minutes ago, toofewcruises said:

No. It's at the pastry section of the buffet 

I don’t go to the buffet.  I prefer a smoothie over juice and I get it at the bar.  They make a great selection, whatever you want!

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

We were on Coral last week and the juice bar was near the pastries in the buffet. We had Plus and I tried two of the juices which were terrible. They were served in the same size cups as the standard juices available to all. Looked nothing like the picture on the sign. I stuck to the stock standard pineapple juice after that. Fortunately I get the Plus package for the WiFi and drinks so it didn't really matter but I found the juice inclusion a joke based on my experience. It may have been the staff not yet being up to date with the new juices but first impressions, nah.

What was terrible about then?

Do you regularly visit juice bars?

On 2/25/2024 at 11:27 AM, Wishing on a star said:

The packages are supposed to include the juice bar.

I have no idea what 'smoothies' are, and where to get them on most ships.

It seems that on some ships, the only thing now available is a very limited selection of 'juices', that could be any re-constituted plain 'juice'.

If this is true, leave it to Princess to offer a 'package perk' that really does not amount to much.

This is not good news.

We are looking forward to the SUN,  and the Enchanted.  Can anyone here confirm what is available in juices and/or smoothies?

Hi, On the Discovery the Juice bar was located in the buffet.  They had healthy smoothies, green smoothies, several different healthy drinks.  It was not open all day I don't remember the hours. We are not smoothie people ut really enjoyed these and felt like we were getting something health.

Hope you enjoy it too. 

12 minutes ago, Catherine Claus said:

Hi, On the Discovery the Juice bar was located in the buffet.  They had healthy smoothies, green smoothies, several different healthy drinks.  It was not open all day I don't remember the hours. We are not smoothie people ut really enjoyed these and felt like we were getting something health.

Hope you enjoy it too. 

Grand had OJ and Tomato Juice and Grapefruit Juice in the buffet as well as several pre-made smoothies. This was definitely not the fresh juice bar. That was located at the bar by the aft pool and the drinks were prepared one at a time to order. Most people didn't even know it existed and it was only available until 2:00 PM.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

What was terrible about then?

Do you regularly visit juice bars?

Generally the taste, I guess the mix of ingredients didn't appeal. As I said, the actual product bore no resemblance to the pictures. If I'd paid the listed prices for what amounted to a very small cup of juice, I would not have been happy.

Juice bars no, but I drink a lot of juice blends. I visit a lot of bars but I don't like all beers either!

10 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I guess the mix of ingredients didn't appeal.

I tried them to see what they were like. I expected to despise The Cleanser but it turned out I loved it. Green Apple, Pineapple, Celery, and Cucumber. I couldn't imagine that would taste good at all and it was a vivid green color. I absolutely loved it and had it a lot of days.

I thought I would like The Booster as I have had Carrot juice in the past and found it surprisingly sweet. Likewise I love cooking with Ginger. However, they used ground Turmeric Root in it and it was absolutely hideous. (Yes, I know their menu spells it "Tumeric" but the proper spelling is "Turmeric".)

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I tried them to see what they were like. I expected to despise The Cleanser but it turned out I loved it. Green Apple, Pineapple, Celery, and Cucumber. I couldn't imagine that would taste good at all and it was a vivid green color. I absolutely loved it and had it a lot of days.

I thought I would like The Booster as I have had Carrot juice in the past and found it surprisingly sweet. Likewise I love cooking with Ginger. However, they used ground Turmeric Root in it and it was absolutely hideous. (Yes, I know their menu spells it "Tumeric" but the proper spelling is "Turmeric".)

Quick question.  When you tried them did you get the juice in large cups/glasses? When I tried them on the Coral they were in the same small plastic cups that the standard breakfast juices were in. If I had actually paid $12-18 for them I'd not be happy. 

I'll be on Sky in July so I'll give them another try 

11 hours ago, leck57 said:

If I had actually paid $12-18 for them I'd not be happy. 

Could not agree more with this. Obviously the prices are overinflated to make the package look better but My first though was if anybody without a package would pay that. Unless they had a lot of OBC to burn. 

• Like 1

Disappointed that it doesn't sound like the juices advertised aren't available on the Crown. We will be onboard in Oct. and have the Plus pkg., so thought we might give some of the juices a try. Wonder why this is only true on one ship??

• Like 1

22 hours ago, leck57 said:

Quick question.  When you tried them did you get the juice in large cups/glasses? When I tried them on the Coral they were in the same small plastic cups that the standard breakfast juices were in. If I had actually paid $12-18 for them I'd not be happy. 

They came in a small plastic cup such as a whiskey on the rocks is served in at the outside bars. With the package one could order doubles which came in a much larger - still plastic - cup. Since the drinks were prepared at the outside bar they were required to be in plastic.

1 hour ago, tweety522 said:

Does anyone know where the juice bar is located on the Enchanted?

No idea but you could use the "investigative" method I used to locate it on Grand. I went to all the bars until I saw the sign advertising the juices and the prices. It wasn't difficult and the bartenders are friendly.

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

They came in a small plastic cup such as a whiskey on the rocks is served in at the outside bars. With the package one could order doubles which came in a much larger - still plastic - cup. Since the drinks were prepared at the outside bar they were required to be in plastic.

Thanks. On the Coral the juice bar was inside but the cups were still plastic and very small. I reckon the premium juices would be less than 200mls, less than 7 ounces in your currency. I'm sure the marketing pictures had them looking bigger and better presented than what Is happening. Not to worry, as I really get Plus for the wifi and booze.