Viking tote bag?

gymfreak

Thinking about packing requirements for our upcoming cruise. 
Do Viking have a complimentary tote style bag in the cabin? We have lots of sae days and such an item is handy to carry books, creams and caps etc. 

If not I will include a couple in our case.

Thank you

38 minutes ago, gymfreak said:

Thinking about packing requirements for our upcoming cruise. 
Do Viking have a complimentary tote style bag in the cabin? We have lots of sae days and such an item is handy to carry books, creams and caps etc. 

If not I will include a couple in our case.

Thank you

Simple answer, no. 

• Thanks 1

More complex answer, sort of. There is a heavy felt tote in the cabin that various Viking magazines are in. It is not complementary and stays with the cabin. It can be used while on board. We frequently use ours to take clothes to and from the laundry. If you do take it, you will be charged for it. The price is shown on the price list for items in the cabin if you take them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, scidee said:

Thanks.  I'm in the process packing for our next week's departure.  Guess i'll bring the nie Celebrity Cruise tote.  maybe Viking will get the hint.

Don't think they will get the hint.  Have seen many with totes and backpacks from other lines.

7 hours ago, scidee said:

Thanks.  I'm in the process packing for our next week's departure.  Guess i'll bring the nie Celebrity Cruise tote.  maybe Viking will get the hint.

I can assure you they haven't. 

Yes we got one too from the UK Destinations Travel show in Manchester from the Viking stand.   Great to chat to the many people from the London office who have helped with our 20 Viking cruises.  The handles are long enough for a shoulder carry.  

Edited by kcpvwill
Missed off last part
  • Like 1

We got a lovely duffle on our first cruise with Viking in 2011.  It was quite nice but has moved on ... how many bags do you need???   Finally divested ourselves of 12 red luggage tags (someone wanted them!) but still have six more.  I also have eight to ten felt zipper bags and an assortment of ipad cases.  We just bring our Baggu bags with on trips as they are required for any shoppping in Chicago these days.  Actually glad Viking has ceased sending such things.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, molymoo said:

We got a lovely duffle on our first cruise with Viking in 2011.  It was quite nice but has moved on ... how many bags do you need???   Finally divested ourselves of 12 red luggage tags (someone wanted them!) but still have six more.  I also have eight to ten felt zipper bags and an assortment of ipad cases.  We just bring our Baggu bags with on trips as they are required for any shoppping in Chicago these days.  Actually glad Viking has ceased sending such things.

They have ceased sending such things... and I am thankful, because I don't like waste and we have so many of the felt zipper bags!

I have seen on CC the fact that people sell the red leather luggage tags on EBay for significant money!

I have routinely seen two tags for $30'ish dollars plus shipping.  Don't know how many people actually sell, but hey...

image.thumb.png.fa5bcfdd76a37703c59bcb2c3b509bf9.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CDNPolar said:

They have ceased sending such things... and I am thankful, because I don't like waste and we have so many of the felt zipper bags!

I have seen on CC the fact that people sell the red leather luggage tags on EBay for significant money!

I have routinely seen two tags for $30'ish dollars plus shipping.  Don't know how many people actually sell, but hey...

image.thumb.png.fa5bcfdd76a37703c59bcb2c3b509bf9.png

People "sell" the little white plastic goat "charms" that come with a bottle of Ayinger Celebrator. Doesn't mean people buy them.

goat.webp