Breakfast in Dining Room

40 minutes ago, Cruzin with BQ & CQ said:

Leaving on Enchanted on Thursday. Is Breakfast still available in the dining room most days? Just curious as we have not sailed Princess in about two years. Thanks folks.

We love breakfast in the MDR.  She much nicer than the chaotic buffet.  Quiet, peaceful and very good food, too.  The hours are limited so be sure to check that out.  We’re early risers, so not an issue for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

We love breakfast in the MDR.  She much nicer than the chaotic buffet.  Quiet, peaceful and very good food, too.  The hours are limited so be sure to check that out.  We’re early risers, so not an issue for us.

Therein lies the rub for us. We aren't normally early risers. Also, my wife usually attends the Knitters and Natters group. If we did get up early enough we could have breakfast before her meeting time but, as we usually don't get up real early the only time left for MDR breakfast conflicts with her meeting. Perhaps I should just go to bed earlier... 🤔

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Therein lies the rub for us. We aren't normally early risers. Also, my wife usually attends the Knitters and Natters group. If we did get up early enough we could have breakfast before her meeting time but, as we usually don't get up real early the only time left for MDR breakfast conflicts with her meeting. Perhaps I should just go to bed earlier... 🤔

We’re so used to getting up and out with the dogs.  Our own 2  and often 1or2 fosters.  They want their breakfast before 7 and they must be walked before that happens.  So, no sleeping in for us even on a cruise.  I crash at 11 pm!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We’re so used to getting up and out with the dogs.  Our own 2  and often 1or2 fosters.  They want their breakfast before 7 and they must be walked before that happens.  So, no sleeping in for us even on a cruise.  I crash at 11 pm!

We will be rising earlier than normal tomorrow as our youngest granddaughter (5½ - the ½ part is new and very important!) will be staying overnight. My wife will find a little face looking at her quite early.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We will be rising earlier than normal tomorrow as our youngest granddaughter (5½ - the ½ part is new and very important!) will be staying overnight. My wife will find a little face looking at her quite early.

I also have wee granddaughters.  So special!  Enjoy your time with her tomorrow!

7 hours ago, Cruzin with BQ & CQ said:

Leaving on Enchanted on Thursday. Is Breakfast still available in the dining room most days? Just curious as we have not sailed Princess in about two years. Thanks folks.

As we are leaving the Enchanted Thursday there is breakfast in the Amalfi dining room from 7:00-9:00 am.

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

We are used to eating breakfast separately.  She usually has an early morning physical activity planned (at home and at sea). On a cruise I head for the MDR and meet her at the IC later where she has breakfast.

• Like 1

Just a word of caution about the main dining room breakfast - It can tend to be very slow.  On our last cruise we waited probably 15 minutes to place our order with a waiter and another 45 minutes before the food was delivered to our table.

On 3/5/2024 at 1:19 PM, Cruzin with BQ & CQ said:

We love it for the same reasons. Just a little more civilized. Good for the waistline as well!

Agreed! Since I can't seem to remember portion control in the buffet, it helps if I'm not serving myself. Breakfast items seem to be on the lighter side but just the right portion!

• Like 2

On 3/5/2024 at 5:36 PM, Thrak said:

Ah, been there! Love when I have the little faces around here, but I love it more at 7:30 am  than 6:00 am. Have fun!

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2024 at 6:36 PM, Thrak said:

There’s no sight quite as sweet as seeing those little faces peering at you first thing in the morning!

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 3:14 PM, TM said:

Just a word of caution about the main dining room breakfast - It can tend to be very slow.  On our last cruise we waited probably 15 minutes to place our order with a waiter and another 45 minutes before the food was delivered to our table.

This! I was recently on the Ruby, and breakfast (well, most meals for that matter) was very slow. Waited about 45 minutes for my pancakes. I was just about ready to walk out when the server delivered them to my table. I should have just left, as they were the most rubbery pancakes I’ve ever had lol

8 hours ago, redflag216 said:

This! I was recently on the Ruby, and breakfast (well, most meals for that matter) was very slow. Waited about 45 minutes for my pancakes. I was just about ready to walk out when the server delivered them to my table. I should have just left, as they were the most rubbery pancakes I’ve ever had lol

Their DR's at breakfast time have never know to be speedy, especially for extra items or refills.

18 hours ago, Torfamm said:

There’s no sight quite as sweet as seeing those little faces peering at you first thing in the morning!

Completely agree with you, I miss those days so much and often get sad (but proud at the same time) thinking about my two birdies that have now flown from the nest off to college

We are on the ruby right now.   Breakfast this morning was SLOOOOOOW.   It took forever to get a cup of coffee.   Food was very good when it arrived.   Not sure we will go back.   

• Like 1