Eden Restaurant (Beyond) Tasting Menu vs A La Carte pricing question

I just reserved Eden Restaurant for an upcoming cruise for my spouse and myself.  The onboard pricing was touted as $60 per person for a la carte dining, and $100 per person for the tasting menu with wine.  

I wasn't given an option between the two, and paid $77.95 per person. I am assuming that I purchased the tasting menu, but when I add gratuities the numbers don't quite add up to the savings.

Have prices increased on the A La Carte menu, or is there an additional charge when we have our meal (either $60 or $100), or am I just not as good at math as I thought I was?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

You do not have the tasting menu reserved. You may have seen something that said *from $60 but the price right now for most Beyond cruises is 7-8% off which is $77.99 for the regular menu and $110.99 for the Tasting Menu. Eden prices increased quite a while ago.

• Like 3

Thank you very much!  I'm fine with a la carte (I wasn't given an option but I would have preferred it). 

The app may need to be updated.  The language is:  "Onboard dining price: $60 a la carte dinner; $100 tasting menu."  Then the reservation was $77.99, which was the cause of my confusion.

Posted (edited)

I thought Eden was very nice on the Beyond a few months ago before it got so expensive.  Great view, lots of light.  I think they have some performances and/or music there but we didn't see or hear anything from where we sat.  Maybe there was music going.  The food was good but honestly I don't remember it much!  Having done it before, I'd do it again but based on the prices, maybe just once a cruise.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

We are in England and when I pre-booked Eden online for our April cruise, I was charged £77 each (about $99) so if you are paying $77.99 thats a bargain compared to us.  I wonder why the British are charged more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chip28 said:

We are in England and when I pre-booked Eden online for our April cruise, I was charged £77 each (about $99) so if you are paying $77.99 thats a bargain compared to us.  I wonder why the British are charged more.

That does seem odd.

2 minutes ago, Millies Mom said:

That does seem odd.

whether you end up with tasting or a la carte, you will have a fantastic meal, Eden is so so good.  You should try Le Grand Bistro as well, they have a great lunch.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Liao said:

whether you end up with tasting or a la carte, you will have a fantastic meal, Eden is so so good.  You should try Le Grand Bistro as well, they have a great lunch.

So great to hear!  We are very much looking forward to Eden.  And I will definitely try Le Grand Bistro on your advice!  Thank you!

Posted (edited)

When we were in Apex last week, Eden tasting was $160 per person with wine.  You can always pay the lower fee on booking of the a la carte menu and on seating choose the tasting.  Everything on the tasting menu is available a la carte.  We stuck with a la carte, and it’s all amazing but Nova Scotia lobster casserole in sweet corn reduction is quite popular.

Edited by Hoya2112
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Hoya2112 said:

When we were in Apex last week, Eden tasting was $160 per person with wine.  You can always pay the lower fee on booking of the a la carte menu and on seating choose the tasting.  Everything on the tasting menu is available a la carte.  We stuck with a la carte, and it’s all amazing but Nova Scotia lobster casserole in sweet corn reduction is quite popular.

This is very helpful!  Thank you so much.  The Nova Scotia lobster casserole sounds amazing!

I had booked Eden about 6 months ago for our cruise on Ascent.  The price was $55 per person for the regular meal.  Then there was a price increase to $85.  Quite an increase!  Then you had a 20% gratuity when checking out.

The crab cake  is outstanding as is the Nova Scotia casserole.  

• Like 1

On ASCENT we  picked  the regular meal (it was soo good,  but I thought my husb's crab cake was a bit salty..)

We were happy with wine from our Classic package..gave extra tip to Sommelier for good selection!

Loved the after dinner cookie tray..no room for dessert!

20240130_184540.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hcat said:

On ASCENT we  picked  the regular meal (it was soo good,  but I thought my husb's crab cake was a bit salty..)

We were happy with wine from our Classic package..gave extra tip to Sommelier for good selection!

Loved the after dinner cookie tray..no room for dessert!

Thank you!  The image is lovely!!

2 hours ago, keesar said:

We shared Truffled Risotto which is an appetizer.  Also we each had crab cakes which were tops.

IMG_2639.jpg

My husband and I shared the truffled risotto on the Ascent and it was HONESTLY, one of the best things we’ve ever tasted, and we consider ourselves foodies. I’ll order again if I get the chance. 

Can someone explain how the a la carte menu works?  Is there an additional charge over and above what has already been paid?  Is it more like small plates?

11 minutes ago, SharonK said:

Can someone explain how the a la carte menu works?  Is there an additional charge over and above what has already been paid?  Is it more like small plates?

No, there are no additional charges.  The plates are not small.  We each had our own appetizers and entrees.  We also shared another appetizer and entree at no additional charges.  In fact, we were encouraged to do so.

• Like 1

Well worth the cost...we booked it online with a small discount,  pre cruise..included grats...   Great service,  exceptionally good food..was fun to view the open kitchen and great wake views( Ascent)

54 minutes ago, keesar said:

No, there are no additional charges.  The plates are not small.  We each had our own appetizers and entrees.  We also shared another appetizer and entree at no additional charges.  In fact, we were encouraged to do so.

Thanks!