Vibe passes once onboard- urban legend…

L1211

I can attest to no vibe passes available after boarding. Last year we sailed Escape, and originally our daughter and a friend were going was going. The original friend ending up not going and we changed her reservation to someone else, but since she cancelled, they cancelled the vibe passes we had for our daughters room. they did not tell us this, so we found out about a month later when the refund showed up on the credit card. There were none online by that time. Our friends also decided to book late, and the agent was adamant that he would have no problem getting the passes once onboard. I told him that based on what I had read that it likely would not happen. It DID NOT HAPPEN, for them, or our daughter and her friend. Thankfully, it really didn't appeal to our 21 YO daughter, so they had fun regardless. Our other friends however were mad the entire cruise. 

The lady at GS said they never had them onboard anymore. We were put on a waitlist, but never heard from them.

Moral of the story, BOOK ONLINE!!

We just booked ours for a Joy NYE cruise in 2025. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2024 at 1:33 PM, julig22 said:

Not going to argue with you, believe what you want. Evidence and experience says nothing that involves pre-payment is held back.

i'm going by my evidence and my experience and NCL's stated policy... which has been stated to me by the people who sold me the vibe passes on embarkation days.

again, my evidence and my experience is that i have been able to purchase the vibe onboard on embarkation day.

by all means, believe what you want.

14 minutes ago, cruisinpips said:

I can attest to no vibe passes available after boarding.

i can attest to the opposite... vibe passes being held back and available on embarkation day! on several occasions. now, i haven't sailed all ships, and i haven't sailed the escape, and it's certainly possible that individual ships make their own rules independent of NCL's policy, but i'm here to tell you... vibe passes on embarkation day in the year of our lord 2024 ain't no urban legend.

shout it from the rooftops!

Edited by UKstages
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, UKstages said:

i'm going by my evidence and my experience and NCL's stated policy... which has been stated to me by the people who sold me the vibe passes on embarkation days.

again, my evidence and my experience is that i have been able to purchase the vibe onboard on embarkation day.

by all means, believe what you want.

i can attest to the opposite... vibe passes being held back and available on embarkation day! on several occasions. now, i haven't sailed all ships, and i haven't sailed the escape, and it's certainly possible that individual ships make their own rules independent of NCL's policy, but i'm here to tell you... vibe passes on embarkation day in the year of our lord 2024 ain't no urban legend.

shout it from the rooftops!

I do admire your persistence, but what you keep posting over and over and over again is just not true! 

They do not hold back passes and it's not NCL policy to do so. It would be bad business if they did. 

IF there are passes available on embarkation day, it's because of only 2 possible reasons. 

They didn't all sell before embarkation day or there were cancelations. 

That's it. Very simple. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

You two should be on the debate team. 😁

I wish I knew the definitive answer as I have a couple who want to join us on a Joy cruise in June, but won't if they can't join us in the Vibe...

Edited by JGmf
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JGmf said:

You two should be on the debate team. 😁

I wish I knew the definitive answer as I have a couple who want to join us on a Joy cruise in June, but won't if they can't join us in the Vibe...

I sailed Joy last July and, 100%, there were no Vibe passes available on embarkation day. 

I checked in multiple spots and was told by several crew members that all passes are meant to be sold ahead of time. 

Leading up to my sailing on Getaway in 25 days, I've had my pcc of many years look into it and I've spoken to 3 different corporate reps. 

Everyone says the same thing. 

The idea is to sell them all pre cruise, if possible. 

Debate over! Lol 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 

Yeah. I was pretty disappointed last week on the Bliss learning there were never going to be vibe passes anvailable onboard.  Would have been nice to have been given the correct information from NCL reps.  We made do, leaned into the madness and crowds.  Had a great cruise without it. 

• Like 1

It does seem as though Vibe passes are no longer widely available for purchase on embarkation day for most cruises.  Although this may not be an official policy, on all of our recent cruises with NCL, Haven guests were able to obtain a few Vibe passes after speaking with the concierge, even though Vibe was sold out.  Of course, I don't know if these passes were actually "held back" or if additional passes could be made available in certain circumstances.  In my experience, this also applies to restaurant reservations, spa passes, and other comparable services.  Based on this, one might surmise that if someone had a well-placed contact among the ship's staff, they may be able to make it happen as well.

5 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

They do not hold back passes and it's not NCL policy to do so. It would be bad business if they did. 

I agree  and this is the primary reason that I am skeptical of what @UKstages writes.  I want to believe him, but until someone corroborates I remain skeptical.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

but until someone corroborates I remain skeptical.

No one will corroborate because the policy of holding back Vibe passes doesn't exist. Some who like to invent NCL policy, because they supposedly got lucky (twice!) and "heard" it from someone (or two!), will say the policy exists, but that doesn't make it so.

• Like 1

one of the most interesting things here (there are many) is that folks are very willing to accept anonymous online reports of there being no vibe availability as "proof" that the vibe is not offered on NCL ships on embarkation day. but they reject other anonymous online reports from people who were able to buy the vibe on NCL ships on embarkation day.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UKstages said:

one of the most interesting things here (there are many) is that folks are very willing to accept anonymous online reports of there being no vibe availability as "proof" that the vibe is not offered on NCL ships on embarkation day. but they reject other anonymous online reports from people who were able to buy the vibe on NCL ships on embarkation day.

Big difference between saying they will be available because they are held some back vs they might be available because they either didn't sell out or people cancelled. Being available is in no way proof that they held anything back.

• Like 3