Has Anyone Been On The Escape Recently And Have Any Opinions / Comments On The Ship?

Has anyone been on the Escape recently?

I was on the ship several years ago pre-COVID.

I liked the ship but was disappointed in the entertainment onboard compared to other Norwegian ships I have been on.

I have seen some unkind reviews lately on the status of the ship but wondering if that is a general consensus.  Some people.are more likely to complain than compliment.😉

• Like 1

I am also curious as to the replies you will receive regarding your post. Our family was on the Escape in 2016 for our very first cruise with our kids in tow, they were 6 & 8 at the time and we all loved the ship. We sailed on the Bliss 2 years later but have since tried other lines. We will be back on the Escape in the Mediterranean for 9 days this coming July and I'm curious as to why some of the most recent reviews have been negative. 

• Like 1

I was on the Escape for a NE/Canada cruise in October of 2023. I sailed as a solo but met up with a group of other solo cruisers and had an excellent time. The ship, itself, was in great shape - clean and well maintained. I can't speak to the pools and hot tubs because I didn't use them. I ate at one Specialty Restaurant (Bayamo) and the food was outstanding although the service was a little spotty. The service and food in Taste and Savor was very good. I would have preferred more live, musical entertainment (not a gameshow fan) but Choir of Man and the one Beatles show I saw were super. My only real complaint was with the debarkation process - both at ports and at final debarkation in Seattle. It felt disorganized and (at times) chaotic. The crew didn't seem to take command of what felt like a very pushy and impatient crowd of passengers and it was much less than pleasant or smooth.

• Like 1

I sailed the Escape a year ago - had a GREAT time!  The Choir of Man was excellent, the band in  The Pour House was excellent, Howl at the Moon was excellent.

49 minutes ago, KansasTexan said:

the one Beatles show I saw

On the Escape?  That ship doesn't have a Beatles band on it, was it one of the other bands doing Beatles songs?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hallux said:

I sailed the Escape a year ago - had a GREAT time!  The Choir of Man was excellent, the band in  The Pour House was excellent, Howl at the Moon was excellent.

On the Escape?  That ship doesn't have a Beatles band on it, was it one of the other bands doing Beatles songs?

oh! you may be right. I was on the encore a year earlier. Must have been where I saw that. 

3 hours ago, KansasTexan said:

I was on the Escape for a NE/Canada cruise in October of 2023. I sailed as a solo but met up with a group of other solo cruisers and had an excellent time. The ship, itself, was in great shape - clean and well maintained. I can't speak to the pools and hot tubs because I didn't use them. I ate at one Specialty Restaurant (Bayamo) and the food was outstanding although the service was a little spotty. The service and food in Taste and Savor was very good. I would have preferred more live, musical entertainment (not a gameshow fan) but Choir of Man and the one Beatles show I saw were super. My only real complaint was with the debarkation process - both at ports and at final debarkation in Seattle. It felt disorganized and (at times) chaotic. The crew didn't seem to take command of what felt like a very pushy and impatient crowd of passengers and it was much less than pleasant or smooth.

haha. I feel like I must have been asleep when I typed this. No, I didn't see any Beatles show on the Escape. And debarkation was at NYC, not Seattle. I'll do better next time. :)

• Like 1

Has anyone done the Supper Club on the Escape?  If so please give me details.  This is our first time on this ship.  Have done other NCL ships but that wasn't an option I don't think.

8 hours ago, hoopslover said:

Has anyone done the Supper Club on the Escape?  If so please give me details.  This is our first time on this ship.  Have done other NCL ships but that wasn't an option I don't think.

We did the supper club in January. We elected to go just for the show as no one wanted chicken parm for dinner. We were seated in the back and the service for those having dinner seemed lacking. People were just getting dinner as others were having desert. We were never approached by a bar server despite being told one would stop by.

On the bright side, however, we did enjoy the show.

On 3/11/2024 at 11:44 PM, Healthmark said:

Has anyone been on the Escape recently?

I was on the ship several years ago pre-COVID.

I liked the ship but was disappointed in the entertainment onboard compared to other Norwegian ships I have been on.

I have seen some unkind reviews lately on the status of the ship but wondering if that is a general consensus.  Some people.are more likely to complain than compliment.😉

We were on the Escape last summer. She is a beautiful ship. We had no issues. We would cruise on the Escape again any time. 

We were on the Escape in November, 2022 for a TA. Great ship...and we're back on her again next September.

I got all excited when I saw they now have a Beatles band. That was until I a few posts later when I saw they don't have a Beatles band. I guess I'll have one less thing to look forward to now...and they better not pull Choir of Man (but not holding my breath).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Many times we have cruised on the Escape and loved each cruise. I did a live review in November 2023 that you might find interesting 

Live on the Escape Nov 25-Dec 2