Move up

Wonder18

My move up bids are still pending on my cruise in 12 days. Question:  why are by bids still showing pending when the ship is sold out.

The ship may not *really* be sold out.  Travel agents can hold a block of cabins until very late in the hopes that they will sell.  Once these cabins are released (assuming they are not sold) then the mad scramble of cabin upgrades starts.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The ship may not *really* be sold out.  Travel agents can hold a block of cabins until very late in the hopes that they will sell.  Once these cabins are released (assuming they are not sold) then the mad scramble of cabin upgrades starts.

Common misconception, but no. TA's hold inventory, not specific cabins, and the inventory they have that is not sold is returned to Celebrity at minimum of four months before the cruise sails. 

It's a win win for Celebrity. They have a full ship, and if there is a need to fill any cabins, they have MoveUp bids locked in with guaranteed revenue. However no one at all is guaranteed to win a MoveUp but they are there if necessary. It also only takes 1 move to set off a chain reaction of subsequent moves. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wonder18 said:

My move up bids are still pending on my cruise in 12 days. Question:  why are by bids still showing pending when the ship is sold out.

People cancel

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bids can be awarded up until day of sailing.  There also is no guarantee that your bid(s) will be selected as the awards go to the highest bidder.  If they are still pending that may just mean that they have simply not yet selected a bid for those staterooms.  Sold out has nothing to do with it - assuming it is truly sold out.

Edited by leaveitallbehind