So just so I am prepared…booking specialty on board on Beyond ?

brockmom

Is Beyond keeping room for those boarding to book reservations once boarded ?

to have my elite plus status discount  ?

Most ships hold room back for those booking on board….

is Celebrity Beyond?
just so I am prepared …thanks 

Brockmom

We boarded Beyond on 3/11.  Today I made reservations for Eden and Rooftop Grill.  We also made reservations for Raw on 5 while on board.  We just did it via the app.  

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Is it possible to call and make your reservations over the phone and get your discount?

No. A few have reported booking ahead and getting the discount applied once on the ship.  That has not been our experience.  We tried the MaitreD, Guest Relations, Retreat Concierge and consistently told the discount was only good for booking made on the ship.  After trying on the Apex, Reflection and Beyond, we now just book once on the ship or, for restaurants that sell out like LeVoyage,  we just book before sailing and forego the Captains Club discount.

1 hour ago, bjahil47 said:

We boarded Beyond on 3/11.  Today I made reservations for Eden and Rooftop Grill.  We also made reservations for Raw on 5 while on board.  We just did it via the app.  

Did you get the Captains Club discount?  

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

No. A few have reported booking ahead and getting the discount applied once on the ship.  That has not been our experience.  We tried the MaitreD, Guest Relations, Retreat Concierge and consistently told the discount was only good for booking made on the ship.  After trying on the Apex, Reflection and Beyond, we now just book once on the ship or, for restaurants that sell out like LeVoyage,  we just book before sailing and forego the Captains Club discount.

We just came off the Ascent and there were really nice discounts available on the ship. Staff was situated at the entrances of the OceanView daily.    It seems that with the price increase, people may be  re-thinking the costs involved.  That is my thought.    And there were very good times and days available as well. Restaurants with the biggest discounts were LeVoyage, Petit Chef and Fine Cut.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keesar said:

We just came off the Ascent and there were really nice discounts available on the ship. Staff was situated at the entrances of the OceanView daily.    It seems that with the price increase, people may be  re-thinking the costs involved.  That is my thought.    And there were very good times and days available as well. Restaurants with the biggest discounts were LeVoyage, Petit Chef and Fine Cut.  

What percentage discount are we talking. We get 25% off as Zenith. Were they offering that much or more? I find it interesting that Le Voyage is now 2X the cost of Fine Cut !!!

1 hour ago, keesar said:

ha so they were so popular instead of increasing slightly and getting more money they went too far and now a huge decline in bookings 🙃

I managed to snag Eden on 2 cruises coming up before the price increase, my 3rd cruise I don't have any OBC and I'm not willing to pay over $100 plus tip - I like it but not that much

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TommyD3 said:

What percentage discount are we talking. We get 25% off as Zenith. Were they offering that much or more? I find it interesting that Le Voyage is now 2X the cost of Fine Cut !!!

30% off.  But you have to realize that there had been a pretty sizeable  increase months ago.  Luckily, I had booked ours before the increase.  .  

I even saw the times and there were times that we typically book such as 6 pm.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

Did you get the Captains Club discount?  

We better get the CC discount!   Nothing was charged yet.  We did get a small discount in Raw on 5. 

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

Good to know, thank you!  How very inconsistent of Celebrity.  In order to get the Elite discount on the drinks package upgrade one has to call and have it applied...but not so with dining.  SMH

13 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Good to know, thank you!  How very inconsistent of Celebrity.  In order to get the Elite discount on the drinks package upgrade one has to call and have it applied...but not so with dining.  SMH

When I go into my planner it shows 'elite loyalty savings' on drink packages for me with 15% off.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

When I go into my planner it shows 'elite loyalty savings' on drink packages for me with 15% off.

Hmmm, I will have to take a look.  Is this new?  A while back I upgraded to the premium package during a flash sale.  I don't recall seeing the elite discount and I seem to remember there was discussion about not being able to stack discounts (so I didn't call). I believe it was a thread created by @RichYak.  That sale was at 50% off and then quickly changed. So if the current upgrade sale has a greater % off than the elite discount, which one appears in the planner?

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Hmmm, I will have to take a look.  Is this new?  A while back I upgraded to the premium package during a flash sale.  I don't recall seeing the elite discount and I seem to remember there was discussion about not being able to stack discounts (so I didn't call). I believe it was a thread created by @RichYak.  That sale was at 50% off and then quickly changed. So if the current upgrade sale has a greater % off than the elite discount, which one appears in the planner?

I think it is newer.

Based on what I see it shows whatever the highest % is. Example Acqua Panna says pre cruise savings while the premium drink package has elite savings. The other day I was bumped up to elite but didn't see this I only saw the flash sales savings because the % was higher, now the sale is done it's showing other things.

I don't know if I would trust all of it to be right so I would compare before purchase. Same way I never buy AI I buy cruise only then start buying the individual packages on sale as I just checked whole packages are higher discount than upgrade

image.thumb.png.559aa62f1a2314aeda5320f3fcf5fcdf.png

Edited by Lena11033
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lena11033 said:

I think it is newer.

Based on what I see it shows whatever the highest % is. Example Acqua Panna says pre cruise savings while the premium drink package has elite savings. The other day I was bumped up to elite but didn't see this I only saw the flash sales savings because the % was higher, now the sale is done it's showing other things

image.thumb.png.559aa62f1a2314aeda5320f3fcf5fcdf.png

In my cruise planner there is no Captains club discount showing, but the drink package is 20% off pre cruise.

The upgrade is 5% off vs the Elite discount of 15%. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

In my cruise planner there is no Captains club discount showing, but the drink package is 20% off pre cruise.

The upgrade is 5% off vs the Elite discount of 15%. 

Yeah its odd, sorry thought it was on everything.

I checked my December cruise the package is 20% off but no upgrade as I bought premium on sale for 50% off.

My XCEL one is 15% for the whole package but not for upgrade - cruise maths.

Thankfully I have a spreadsheet tracking everything

Edited by Lena11033
  • Like 1