Port Canaveral Shopping

Hi all,

We are back to back on Wonder in May and we are looking to hopefully visit a mall during the crossover in Port Canaveral.

I have found Merritt Square Mall whilst doing some research which appears to be the nearest to the port but I've also seen that this could possibly be closing?....can anyone recommend this or any other good place for shopping (must have a Bath & Body Works!!!).

Thank you in advance!!! 😃

9 minutes ago, KerryJTaylor said:

Hi all,

We are back to back on Wonder in May and we are looking to hopefully visit a mall during the crossover in Port Canaveral.

I have found Merritt Square Mall whilst doing some research which appears to be the nearest to the port but I've also seen that this could possibly be closing?....can anyone recommend this or any other good place for shopping (must have a Bath & Body Works!!!).

Thank you in advance!!! 😃

I've had no one locally say the mall is closing. Perhaps Penny's is closing not the whole mall is what I've been told by my realtor who lives in the area. It could close but I doubt by may. That would be super fast. 

Dunno about it closing but it was struggling last time I went in and THAT was probably 2 years ago. Lots of empty units ....  The nearest decent mall is Melbourne Square but that's nearly 25 miles away and is nothing special, just 'healthier'. You might be better off with Florida Mall even tho it is Orlando .....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

Dunno about it closing but it was struggling last time I went in and THAT was probably 2 years ago. Lots of empty units ....  The nearest decent mall is Melbourne Square but that's nearly 25 miles away and is nothing special, just 'healthier'. You might be better off with Florida Mall even tho it is Orlando .....

You say “healthier”, I say thriving. Compared to our closest mall in Vero, at least. 😜

Merritt Square was very sad looking the last time I drove past. A lot of stores closed and looked very dirty and unkept. It was the place to go when I was growing up. Melbourne Square a little better, but most stores are only open 11 -7. Brick and mortar stores are becoming a thing of the past.

• Like 1

I was at Merritt Square Mall last month. It was sad. Lots of empty storefronts. I only stopped there to pick up something I needed from Bath and Bodyworks. The employees in that store were great. I walked through the rest of the mall to see if anything else caught my eye. I think I spent 10 minutes total because there wasn't much to see.

• Like 2

Merritt Square Mall has a JC Penney, Dillards, Macys, and yes, a Bath & Body Works.  The Mall also has a Books A Million, Ollie’s Bargain Store, and a very good Mexican Restaurant, Margarita Island.  There are other assorted stores, but I don’t know what they are.  The general Mall has not been well maintained, but the anchor stores mentioned above own their space and are fine.  As long as you are happy with those stores, it’s fine to shop there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Merritt Square Mall has a JC Penney, Dillards, Macys, and yes, a Bath & Body Works.  The Mall also has a Books A Million, Ollie’s Bargain Store, and a very good Mexican Restaurant, Margarita Island.  There are other assorted stores, but I don’t know what they are.  The general Mall has not been well maintained, but the anchor stores mentioned above own their space and are fine.  As long as you are happy with those stores, it’s fine to shop there.

We were there in January, the mall is pretty pathetic.  The stores you mentioned were open ( I’ve heard that Macy’s will be closing in the near future) but very few customers.  The “food court” had two spots open, Sbarro pizza and a fast food Asian style.  We went to the movie theater and accounted for two of the six people watching the movie. The mall looks like it is on it’s on it’s last legs.

The Avenue is an outdoor mall in Viera which might be a little closer than the Melbourne Mall.  It is my favorite place to shop if I don’t want to drive to Orlando.

Sherri🙂

5 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

We were there in January, the mall is pretty pathetic.  The stores you mentioned were open ( I’ve heard that Macy’s will be closing in the near future) but very few customers.  The “food court” had two spots open, Sbarro pizza and a fast food Asian style.  We went to the movie theater and accounted for two of the six people watching the movie. The mall looks like it is on it’s on it’s last legs.

The Avenue is an outdoor mall in Viera which might be a little closer than the Melbourne Mall.  It is my favorite place to shop if I don’t want to drive to Orlando.

Sherri🙂

The Merritt Square Mall has looked like that for years!  I too visit The Avenue at Viera.  It is definitely closer than the Melbourne Mall, but it can be an expensive ride to get there if you don’t have a car.

Posted (edited)

that's funny ... I live 3 miles from Avenue Viera and am there all the time. I never think of it as a "mall" as it is styled open air to resemble the town square of old. Rather spread out and lack the traditional large department store anchors but a nice handful of decent places to eat (why I go). About half way between MI and MS malls just off 95 at exit 191

https://www.avenueviera.com/

image.thumb.png.8e7812aa5252afac1092ae5ead13b956.png

another 'non traditional' choice is Cocoa Village which is an area of small eclectic shops with a large river front park and again, several eating places. At one time some cruises visiting here ran excursion busses.

image.thumb.png.bd3848429888cfb89cc583599df4843a.png

Edited by Capt_BJ

Aww thank you so much everyone!!......My main reason for going is for Bath & Body Works and Macys so I think I will stick with Merritt Square as this is only 15 minutes from the port 😀

Your replies have been a massive help!! 👍