Canvas Tote - Alaska?

Khlela

I see people mention and show the bags and totes they have gotten in their suites for their cruises. Are these given on Alaskan cruises as well or just warm weather destinations?

49 minutes ago, Wasasalad said:

Has anyone received the Orange Club bag?

is it a zippered top? Is it canvas?

Cloth with a nylon or polyester lining. Mesh and solid outside pockets. Zip top. I'm sure @POA1 can elaborate on the wonders of it. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wasasalad said:

Has anyone received the Orange Club bag?

is it a zippered top? Is it canvas?

Looks like this except has "Club Orange" instead of "Savor the Journey"

It is canvas w/zippered top (the small navy blue thing sticking up in the picture, is the pull tab for the zipper).

20240320_175421.thumb.jpg.0f4f37df659bb6b8cb92e3ead6d0b136.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Looks like this except has "Club Orange" instead of "Savor the Journey"

It is canvas w/zippered top (the small navy blue thing sticking up in the picture, is the pull tab for the zipper).

20240320_175421.thumb.jpg.0f4f37df659bb6b8cb92e3ead6d0b136.jpg

I've had one like that for a few years. I got a new one on my recent cruise. I didn't realize it says Club Orange until after I read your post and checked the new one. I like the one in your picture better. (I hope mentioning that I have two isn't like bragging about how many stars I have)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Khlela said:

I’m going to be in a PS. Would I possibly or likely get the OC one? 

@3rdGenCunarder the one I posted that has "savor the journey" on it instead of "club orange" used to be given to suite passengers (Neptune & Pinnacle only). Now that CO is included for those cabins, I don't know which @Khlela and other PS guests would receive. Maybe they've retired the "savor the journey" bags (cheaper to only carry 1 bag), I don't know.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@3rdGenCunarder the one I posted that has "savor the journey" on it instead of "club orange" used to be given to suite passengers (Neptune & Pinnacle only). Now that CO is included for those cabins, I don't know which @Khlela and other PS guests would receive. Maybe they've retired the "savor the journey" bags (cheaper to only carry 1 bag), I don't know.

Yes, I got savor the journey when I was in a Neptune when CO was new. The steward said something about the new bags hadn't arrived so I would get the regular one. The "regular one" was nice enough and I didn't think about what the CO one would be. The previous year I was in  a Neptune and didn't get a special bag. Can't remember what that year's bag was like. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Khlela said:

I’m going to be in a PS. Would I possibly or likely get the OC one? 

I believe PS bags are from Gucci and include gold zippers....but not certain as I have never been near a PS. 

In our Inside Cabin, the bags are modeled after Winn-Dixie's sleek plastic. 

Enjoy the journey.....no matter the tote bag.

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Yes, I got savor the journey when I was in a Neptune when CO was new. The steward said something about the new bags hadn't arrived so I would get the regular one. The "regular one" was nice enough and I didn't think about what the CO one would be. The previous year I was in  a Neptune and didn't get a special bag. Can't remember what that year's bag was like. 

I left HAL for a while because of paying double as I travel solo. 
I’ve been with Oceania only because it costs me less. 
But I miss HAL and in back paying double. 
Oceania bag had no zipper! It wasn’t very user friendly. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

I believe PS bags are from Gucci and include gold zippers....but not certain as I have never been near a PS. 

In our Inside Cabin, the bags are modeled after Winn-Dixie's sleek plastic. 

Enjoy the journey.....no matter the tote bag.

Sorry if I came off wrong or as though I was bragging or something, wasn't my intent. I was just curious. I will absolutely love the cruise even if I didn't get a tote bag. We are only able to do the PS as we are splitting it (and the cost) with my folks as a grand hurrah as I'm about to start the process for a heart transplant and just finished recovery of major open heart surgery where a pump was attached to my heart. So we are going big just in case this is the last criuse I'll ever be able to take. Really worked hard and saved a LOT to be able to take this once in a lifetime trip. Just excited and was curious about the small little things that we might get along the way. ❤️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Khlela said:

Sorry if I came off wrong or as though I was bragging or something, wasn't my intent. I was just curious. I will absolutely love the cruise even if I didn't get a tote bag. We are only able to do the PS as we are splitting it (and the cost) with my folks as a grand hurrah as I'm about to start the process for a heart transplant and just finished recovery of major open heart surgery where a pump was attached to my heart. So we are going big just in case this is the last criuse I'll ever be able to take. Really worked hard and saved a LOT to be able to take this once in a lifetime trip. Just excited and was curious about the small little things that we might get along the way. ❤️

That sounds like a good reason to pamper yourself. Enjoy it, and good luck with the transplant!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

That sounds like a good reason to pamper yourself. Enjoy it, and good luck with the transplant!

You are too sweet. Thank you so much!

4 hours ago, Khlela said:

...I will absolutely love the cruise even if I didn't get a tote bag. We are only able to do the PS as we are splitting it (and the cost) with my folks as a grand hurrah as I'm about to start the process for a heart transplant and just finished recovery of major open heart surgery where a pump was attached to my heart. So we are going big just in case this is the last criuse I'll ever be able to take. Really worked hard and saved a LOT to be able to take this once in a lifetime trip. Just excited and was curious about the small little things that we might get along the way. ❤️

Congrats on taking what I am sure will be a fabulous cruise. I have only had a peek inside a PS, not blessed to stay in one, but I think you'll find it wonderful. I think I would enjoy the kitchen alone, lol.

I got my tote bag just as CO was launching, honestly don't remember if it was before or after, but it was in that time frame. Up until CO, Suite passengers got the "savor the journey" bag, which is how I got mine. I haven't stayed in one since, so I don't know what they get, but as a PS passenger, yours will for sure be better. And chances are very good that if you ask your Concierge or Cabin Steward for one of the CO bags, you'll get it, too.

Here's wishing you a great cruise and a successful surgery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Best ship tote bag EVER! Mini sea bag from the 1990s on QE2. This one is well traveled. 

IMG_20240321_120858471.jpg

That looks fantastic!! When you decide to part w/it, let me know, lol.

• Like 1