Gold mine of information on Japanese ports

someotherguy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow great links.  Thank you so much.  I plan to go to Japan next year.  I want to do Celebrity's "Best of Japan" cruise since it goes to Amori and Hakodate.  I was a kid in Japan at Misawa AFB which is near Amori.  I want to go back and see it again.  Not sure if I can get on the AFB or not.  Will probably do the cruise and then take the train up there and spend a few days.  Anyone know if you can get on the Air Force Base at Misawa?

On 5/19/2024 at 9:53 PM, TeanneTX said:

Wow great links.  Thank you so much.  I plan to go to Japan next year.  I want to do Celebrity's "Best of Japan" cruise since it goes to Amori and Hakodate.  I was a kid in Japan at Misawa AFB which is near Amori.  I want to go back and see it again.  Not sure if I can get on the AFB or not.  Will probably do the cruise and then take the train up there and spend a few days.  Anyone know if you can get on the Air Force Base at Misawa?

JAL has domestic flights between Haneda and Misawa (use Misawa AFB runways), 75 min flight time, fare is compatible with rail. For rail, you must travel from Yokohama to Tokyo station for Aomori shinkansen.

On 5/21/2024 at 10:30 AM, monkey@cruise said:

JAL has domestic flights between Haneda and Misawa (use Misawa AFB runways), 75 min flight time, fare is compatible with rail. For rail, you must travel from Yokohama to Tokyo station for Aomori shinkansen.

Wow thank you so much.  I had no idea that you could fly there and land on the AFB.  That is incredibly helpful.  Just booked the Best of Japan on Millenial for Oct 2025.  its a long way off but thats ok. 

3 hours ago, TeanneTX said:

Wow thank you so much.  I had no idea that you could fly there and land on the AFB.  That is incredibly helpful.  Just booked the Best of Japan on Millenial for Oct 2025.  its a long way off but thats ok. 

We booked our cruise in November of 2022 and are now 53 days away.  Time goes by fast enough and enjoy researching all the things you can see…. 

3 hours ago, TeanneTX said:

Misawa Air Base is the Japan Air Self-Defense Force's only joint air operations base between Japan and the United States. Misawa Air Base Air Festival in early September.