sunrise flood

We were on the cruise and 4 rooms down from some damaged rooms on 1st floor. Lots of silly drama around it on tik tok….  A pipe did burst.  Likely from the storm we could not avoid cruising through. Some facts I saw. Some water flowed down the step from 2 to 1, people needed to take their belongings and life vests to the theater, vests must go with guests incase a real sinking issue happens so a few wore them so they could hold their bags. People were yelling to create drama and wake all sleeping on 1 up.  The captain did announce an issue occurred and more rough seas ahead as we neared the port. Water was not pouring out of elevator. Perhaps ran down the shaft from floor two to one when it also flowed down steps. It did suck for the guests in rooms that were directly hit, and I bet they get comped well. Most areas were shop-vaced before we debarked. They did not waste time turning the ship in the channel to dock. A couple people had sheriffs waiting for them when they got off and it looked like it left on time that evening with the next load of passengers.  Great ship, great crew, fun storm, and home safely. 

• Like 7

On 3/24/2024 at 12:38 AM, Roscoe13 said:

By the title I thought this was about a new Alchemy drink...

The Sunrise Flood - Orange juice with a twist of flooded carpet. 🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, TommCruise2 said:

We were on the Sunrise..

Thank you!! I am actually looking at possibly booking a suite on Sunrise today and saw this post. I figured it MUST be the ship formerly known as Triumph, but wanted to be sure. 

Do it!   It really was not an issue unless it hit your room.  The sunrise was also in Spain for upgrades in February. We were the third cruise since the upgrade. I bet we had 5-7” rain fall on us in 1/ hours plus the winds. My guess is the water was rain drainage. Enjoy the trip.  I am ready to get on it again!!

• Thanks 1