AARP gift cards

Quick question for those that have purchased these cards…. I went online 3 days ago and purchased a couple hundred dollars worth to use for OBC on our upcoming cruise. The site said they would be delivered electronically. So far nothing…I have checked my spam folder and even the junk mail folder and nothing has been received. 
most e-gift cards are delivered within a few minutes of ordering. 
Has anyone else had a long delay receiving these?

49 minutes ago, mhb1757 said:

Quick question for those that have purchased these cards…. I went online 3 days ago and purchased a couple hundred dollars worth to use for OBC on our upcoming cruise. The site said they would be delivered electronically. So far nothing…I have checked my spam folder and even the junk mail folder and nothing has been received. 
most e-gift cards are delivered within a few minutes of ordering. 

You definitely need to call them, you should have had within 5 minutes. I know of 2 people this has happened to in the past. One was they spelled their email address wrong, two letters were transposed. The other was they had tight security on the gmail account and they ended up having a hard time getting the cards sent to them. Not sure if anyone is going to be able to assist you on a Sunday but definitely try calling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

You definitely need to call them, you should have had within 5 minutes. I know of 2 people this has happened to in the past. One was they spelled their email address wrong, two letters were transposed. The other was they had tight security on the gmail account and they ended up having a hard time getting the cards sent to them. Not sure if anyone is going to be able to assist you on a Sunday but definitely try calling.

Thanks I’ll call in the AM. It is a gmail account I had them sent to! 

I’m currently on the Zuiderdam and I went to Guest Services last night for a couple of things, including giving them gift card information regarding two AARP gift cards.  I was advised I should wait because, if I have more money credited to my account from the gift cards than I spend, the balance would be non refundable.  I thought that I was refunded a balance to my credit card on my August 2022 cruise (on that cruise I had onboard credits from several other sources, but they were less than what was credited to my credit card).  I know I’ve never been given this advice when presenting gift cards to Guest Services.  Anyone have experience with this situation?

• Like 1

@Mtn2Sea They told me something similar today. The front desk rep even said that the computer wouldn’t let him do it until I had a balance. He also said this was a recent change. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mhb1757 said:

Yes, I had to wait a couple of days. Maybe from Friday to Monday, if memory serves. Luckily someone had warned me they sometimes take a while, so I just waited, and eventually they showed up. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mtn2Sea said:

I’m currently on the Zuiderdam and I went to Guest Services last night for a couple of things, including giving them gift card information regarding two AARP gift cards.  I was advised I should wait because, if I have more money credited to my account from the gift cards than I spend, the balance would be non refundable.  I thought that I was refunded a balance to my credit card on my August 2022 cruise (on that cruise I had onboard credits from several other sources, but they were less than what was credited to my credit card).  I know I’ve never been given this advice when presenting gift cards to Guest Services.  Anyone have experience with this situation?

Huh. Did they say any unused OBC purchased with a AARP gift card would be completely non refundable? They won’t even refund the unused balance back to the AARP card, instead of to your credit card? 

7 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

@Mtn2Sea They told me something similar today. The front desk rep even said that the computer wouldn’t let him do it until I had a balance. He also said this was a recent change. 

He said you cannot add the AARP gift card until you’ve used your other OBC and show outstanding charges? Or, did I misunderstand? Thx 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ileneilene123 said:

He said you cannot add the AARP gift card until you’ve used your other OBC and show outstanding charges? Or, did I misunderstand? Thx 

Yes. (I think I have non refundable OBC. May make a difference )

Edited by mawvkysc
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ileneilene123 said:

Huh. Did they say any unused OBC purchased with a AARP gift card would be completely non refundable? They won’t even refund the unused balance back to the AARP card, instead of to your credit card? 

That’s my understanding of what he said.  I was told if my gift card was greater than my bill, I should wait until the very end of the cruise so they could transfer just what I owed from the card to my onboard account.  Because I know I will spend more than what I have on my two cards and it was late, I didn’t ask any follow-up questions.

• Thanks 1