Celebrity Millenium Japan

gtsing1311

14 hours ago, CrispenFairchild said:

Is it hard to find the pier where Millennium is docked?  My cruise begins 5/27/24

No it is not hard to find at all.  The pier where Millennium is scheduled to dock is Osanbashi.  (pronounced 0 san ba shi ) . 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 6:48 AM, CrispenFairchild said:

Is it hard to find the pier where Millennium is docked?  My cruise begins 5/27/24

Celebrity always use Osanbashi Cruise Terminal in Yokohama.
Pretty easy to rech by public transport from Tokyo.

JR train to Yokohama Station and then subway or taxi to the pier.

Edited by Miaminice

23 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Celebrity always use Osanbashi Cruise Terminal in Yokohama.
Pretty easy to rech by public transport from Tokyo.

JR train to Yokohama Station and then subway or taxi to the pier.

I am posting from the Millennium on the second leg of a B2B.  While the second leg used Osanbashi for embarkation we used the terminal on the island when we  boarded in late March in Yokohama.  So while Celebrity generally uses Osanbashi occasionally they do not.  Pay attention to your e-docs.

5 hours ago, macaroni said:

Miaminice,

how early of a flight out of Haneda do you think we could make….hoping 11am?

Thanks!

I am presently on the Celebrity Millennium.  When we landed at Haneda we used a taxi to reach the hotel.  The drive was about 45 minutes.  

Retreat concierges are telling folks that there will be one coach shuttle to the Haneda airport.  One of the concierges says it leaves the pier at 7:45 am while the other (more reliable one) says it leaves at 8:10 am.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, macaroni said:

Miaminice,

how early of a flight out of Haneda do you think we could make….hoping 11am?

Thanks!

Given the distance it is doable... taking for granted that the ship gets to the port on time.

Flying back from Japan we always grant ourselves another day which we use for some more sightseeing - Kamakura, Tokyo or Yokohama etc.

The day also provides a comfortable buffer.

Flying back from Hong Kong the last times we had a 11 pm flight. That was also fine with me. Otherwise I wouldn´t do it for such long haul flights.
Within Europe, no problem.

Long story short... 11am is doable. If you are up to possible stress due to delays in arrival or disembarkation is something you need to decide.

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1

Will passengers need to go through or customs/immigration again upon arrival in Yokohama.  Our cruise is stopping at Busan with the next stop as Hakodate, where I understand we will need to be processed before being allowed to exit there.  

Our cruise is scheduled to arrive at 6:30 am and would like to make one of those 11:00 am flights back to the states.

Thanks

4 hours ago, mfabz said:

Will passengers need to go through or customs/immigration again upon arrival in Yokohama.  Our cruise is stopping at Busan with the next stop as Hakodate, where I understand we will need to be processed before being allowed to exit there.  

Our cruise is scheduled to arrive at 6:30 am and would like to make one of those 11:00 am flights back to the states.

Thanks

Only Custom clearance when disembark in Yokohama. Will your cruise stop at Kochi before Busan? If so, Japan immigration exit in Kochi terminal, will get your new visitor sticker at Hakodate immigration. If flying out from Haneda airport, only 30 min by taxi or 60 min by taxi/airport bus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mfabz said:

It is my understanding that your will go through the full immigration in Hakodate after the port visit to Busan and that it will be normal debarkation processing for customs when you disembark in Yokohama. 

On 4/18/2024 at 8:46 AM, Miaminice said:

Given the distance it is doable... taking for granted that the ship gets to the port on time.

Flying back from Japan we always grant ourselves another day which we use for some more sightseeing - Kamakura, Tokyo or Yokohama etc.

The day also provides a comfortable buffer.

Flying back from Hong Kong the last times we had a 11 pm flight. That was also fine with me. Otherwise I wouldn´t do it for such long haul flights.
Within Europe, no problem.

Long story short... 11am is doable. If you are up to possible stress due to delays in arrival or disembarkation is something you need to decide.

Off topic slightly, but I’m sure I read in one of your previous reviews that you flew with Lufthansa on the same flights that we intend to take. How did you find the experience? We’re flying business if that makes any difference. Thanks for any feedback you may provide 👍. Our flight is also around the 11.45am slot on disembarkation day🤞🏻.

48 minutes ago, villauk said:

Off topic slightly, but I’m sure I read in one of your previous reviews that you flew with Lufthansa on the same flights that we intend to take. How did you find the experience? We’re flying business if that makes any difference. Thanks for any feedback you may provide 👍. Our flight is also around the 11.45am slot on disembarkation day🤞🏻.

To Japan we usually Fly ANA. Of course, since we start all our flights from Germany, we otherwise often fly Lufthansa. Lufthansa is a reliable and safe airline. Their business class is pretty good. LH is not my favorite airline (for personal reasons) but as an airline they are good.

But I also have to say that we don´t have too many expectations. We just want to get there 🙂

• Thanks 1