Lookbook or vision board

I don't know what I should call it, a lookbook or a vision board, but I've started taking pictures of the pieces I plan to take. I plan to make an image using all the pictures. I really am just doing it for fun because I like clothes, I know it might seem silly to some! So far I have photographed all of the casual pieces, I need to photograph my formal dress... I would ask if any of you guys do this but I'm guessing I'm the only one. šŸ˜‚

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oyme said:

I don't know what I should call it, a lookbook or a vision board, but I've started taking pictures of the pieces I plan to take. I plan to make an image using all the pictures. I really am just doing it for fun because I like clothes, I know it might seem silly to some! So far I have photographed all of the casual pieces, I need to photograph my formal dress... I would ask if any of you guys do this but I'm guessing I'm the only one. šŸ˜‚

I don't, since my usual travel wardrobe is so boring.Ā  But I'm cruising out of SF in August so no airplanes involved.Ā  Might be fun.Ā Ā 

13 hours ago, oyme said:

I would ask if any of you guys do this but I'm guessing I'm the only one.

I used to do it when there was this [shopping] site with images of many clothing items.

image.jpeg.30367748d58109d67bcd0b776dc3bde4.jpeg

image.jpeg.a657cbaf4138d9bbdb748317c841ccc5.jpeg

I guess far more people used it for boards than for shopping, as the site went away!

Ā 

• Like 1

When I hear "lookbook" I think of Erika Jayne and her enterage coming up with a notebook full of looks for her to take on the Real Housewives tripsĀ šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Since I usually just think of what want to take and maybe pick up a few pieces that I think might be fun, I'm honestly a last-second packer.Ā  I give myself a "you gotta stop and get to the airport" time, I don't think a lookbook would be of use.Ā 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 3:00 PM, slidergirl said:

When I hear "lookbook" I think of Erika Jayne and her enterage coming up with a notebook full of looks for her to take on the Real Housewives tripsĀ šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Since I usually just think of what want to take and maybe pick up a few pieces that I think might be fun, I'm honestly a last-second packer.Ā  I give myself a "you gotta stop and get to the airport" time, I don't think a lookbook would be of use.Ā 

I'm 33 days out just started packing, I am very eager... I like to know what I am missing and if I need to buy anything.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2024 at 4:15 PM, oyme said:

I'm 33 days out just started packing, I am very eager... I like to know what I am missing and if I need to buy anything.

My travel mantra has always been "I can buy it when I get there IF I need it."Ā šŸ˜ø

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 10:26 AM, slidergirl said:

My travel mantra has always been "I can buy it when I get there IF I need it."Ā šŸ˜ø

And mine is "I don't want to waste one minute shopping for something I need".Ā Ā šŸ¤©

Edited by jsn55
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jsn55 said:

And mine is "I don't want to waste one minute shopping for something I need".Ā Ā šŸ¤©

How do know you need something before you leave?Ā Ā šŸ˜‰

Ā 

I love to go into stores and "window shop."Ā  I love to see allow the different things. I always have time built in for just wandering.Ā  I don't program every minutes of a trip.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2024 at 11:09 AM, oyme said:

I don't know what I should call it, a lookbook or a vision board, but I've started taking pictures of the pieces I plan to take.

No, I've not done this -- but I'm considering it now.Ā Ā 

I have done something similar.Ā  I lay my main pieces on the bed and think about what I should add to "round it all out", consider what might be repetitive, etc.Ā  I move things around, asking myself, "How many tops can go with these shorts?" or "What will I wear on that excursion day?"Ā  This is sort of a "temporary look book".Ā Ā 

On 4/11/2024 at 1:26 PM, slidergirl said:

Nope, not an appealing thought.Ā  First, I might not locate the item I want -- then I'd be without.Ā  Second, I'm so short that everything needs hemming.Ā Ā 

IF I happen to find something nice to wear -- unlikely, given that I don't cruise to shop -- I might add it to what I've packed, but I will always pack everything I anticipate needing.Ā Ā 

• Like 3

On 4/3/2024 at 2:00 PM, slidergirl said:

Ā 

I wear the same things, seasonally of course, when I travel as I do at home. So it just a matter of how many of certain things, pants, tops generally. And I like a lot of black shorts and pants so all the tops go with them.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I only wear dresses so there isnā€™t really a mix and match element. I lay out all the dresses and make sure I have a cardigan/scarf/jacket that will go with each. I only take one jacket if I can help it. And only two pairs of shoes so they are black or white or neutral.Ā 

• Like 1