LIVE from the Enchanted Princess: April 6-13, 2024 - Eastern Caribbean

talkorpi

35 minutes ago, dpalmquist said:

What is the difference between dress to impress and formal nights?

I feel pretty safe saying these are the same thing. I feel like DTI is the newest term used by Princess but plenty of people still use the original “formal” terminology. I feel like this will take a long time to catch on, and probably never for many people. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

I feel pretty safe saying these are the same thing. I feel like DTI is the newest term used by Princess but plenty of people still use the original “formal” terminology. I feel like this will take a long time to catch on, and probably never for many people. 

So there are 3 formal nights on this 7 day cruise?

34 minutes ago, dpalmquist said:

So there are 3 formal nights on this 7 day cruise?

Nope….Monday 4/8 and Thursday 4/11. Was there another patter calling out dress to impress or formal? If so, I’m confused and don’t know the answer to your question lol

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Nope….Monday 4/8 and Thursday 4/11. Was there another patter calling out dress to impress or formal? If so, I’m confused and don’t know the answer to your question lol

image.png.d57dd4631d61c1c510a8f946d342e1fb.png

Confusing since I have never seen this on my other Princess cruises.

Edited by dpalmquist

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, dpalmquist said:

image.png.d57dd4631d61c1c510a8f946d342e1fb.png

Confusing since I have never seen this on my other Princess cruises.

They've shown "Dress to Impress" on other recent cruises of our's.  But they don't say anything about what this means on the Princess website nor do they give passengers any advance notice about this in the pre-cruise emails.  Everything continues to show 2 formal nights for a 7 night cruise.  So I think you can safely expect that most people will have Smart Casual attire as that is what they packed although there may be some more on the Formal side.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

They've shown "Dress to Impress" on other recent cruises of our's.  But they don't say anything about what this means on the Princess website nor do they give passengers any advance notice about this in the pre-cruise emails.  Everything continues to show 2 formal nights for a 7 night cruise.  So I think you can safely expect that most people will have Smart Casual attire as that is what they packed although there may be some more on the Formal side.

yeah having been on this exact sailing pictured in this patter I can confirm the St. Thomas night nothing was different from any other night.  The only other thing I could think of would be 80's night but that was the night before and in reality just a lido deck event...certainly not anything impacting dining room dress codes.

• Like 1

Thanks for your LIVE.  What I love is your attitude.  Honest but upbeat!

We'll be on her for 10 days next February.  Can't come soon enough, but lots of fun stuff before then!  Win/win.

Thanks again.

On 4/6/2024 at 11:53 AM, talkorpi said:

Got our specialty dining reserved very easily. Sabatini’s tonight and The Catch tomorrow. MDR for the rest of the cruise after that.

Muster is finished and we are ready to go. Of course the cabins aren’t ready because we got onboard so fast - not a problem at all. 

We are allegedly on a sold out sailing. I’ll try to find the full passenger count a little later and also take photos of the officer board for those who are interested.

Felt a little too early to have a dirty banana so I just got a basic rum and coke… let’s get this vacation started!

IMG_1052.jpeg

But the Dirty Banana would kind of be like breakfast with fruit and milk! LOL

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2024 at 9:55 PM, PMGS247 said:

Which nights of the cruise are the formal nights?

7 hours ago, suzyed said:

Which nights of the cruise are the formal nights?

On our sailing it was the first and second sea days. That should generally be true most of the time on a 7 day itinerary tho I’m not sure how it works on a 4 port itinerary since Formal night won’t be on the final night of the cruise.