LIVE from the Enchanted Princess: April 6-13, 2024 - Eastern Caribbean

talkorpi

Wondering if one of the 2 Main Dining rooms is more "posh" than the other?

We will be celebrating some birthdays on board.

Also are there any restaurants that open for lunch and only serve on sea days? I recall a noodle place & a seafood place as well as an on deck BBQ, that only occurred on sea days.Can't remember which cruise lines though!

Some of our group would also like to attend the tea, but I understand there are 2 types with one having a fee. Would you know the cost for that?  Thanks so much for any info 🙂

On 4/7/2024 at 8:55 AM, talkorpi said:

Good morning from Princess Cays! Had an early breakfast (photo not attaching again) at the buffet and waiting for the water shuttle now. I was going to use the elite lounge priority water shuttle thing, but we got boarding group #1 so we are just going the normal route. They finally came over the PA this morning with tendering information. Hid a couple of ducks while we wait to go ashore - looks like a beautiful day outside. 

image.jpg

Hi - really enjoy your trip report. I will be on Enchanted May 25. My question is about the tender process to Princess Cay. Do you have to have tickets/reservation in advance? If so, how do you get them or is it just show up/first come first serve? Thanks very much. 

11 hours ago, talkorpi said:

Waitress was Iryna from Ukraine. She was fantastic

You are right about Iryna.  She was our server on our March voyage and hopefully we'll have her on the upcoming April 20th voyage as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eltigre said:

Also are there any restaurants that open for lunch and only serve on sea days? I recall a noodle place & a seafood place as well as an on deck BBQ, that only occurred on sea days.Can't remember which cruise lines though!

Some of our group would also like to attend the tea, but I understand there are 2 types with one having a fee. Would you know the cost for that?  Thanks so much for any info 🙂

To answer your question about the dining rooms - there are 3 MDRs (2 midship and one aft on 6). Their decor is slightly different, but basically all are the same. If you want to splurge for a birthday dinner, see if you can book the Chef's Dinner (held a couple of times during the cruise) or even the 360 Experience. Also, for a fee, and if you have a balcony, there's the Ultimate Balcony Dinner -- wonderful! I'll leave it to others to address your other questions.

Sorry for not posting as much lately. We were in San Juan today for over 12 hours and were in port ALL DAY. Exhausted is an understatement. I took over 500 photos today so will post the best ones soon. Had a great day in Puerto Rico and loved every minute of it. This has been a great cruise so far and it’s going by WAY too fast!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, talkorpi said:

I took pictures of all the patters but when I upload them they all turn out like this. Ugh! This is making it hard to do a live review 

IMG_1369.jpeg

IMG_1370.jpeg

IMG_1474.jpeg

IMG_1475.jpeg

@talkorpi 
This happened to me on my recent Carnival Horizon live review.  I finally figured out it had something to do with posting with my iPhone if the images were larger (I think more than 3 MB).  At first I went through the trouble of emailing them to create a smaller picture.  Later, I found that I could airdrop them to my iPad, and they would post fine regardless of the size.  Hope this is helpful and you can figure out the problem.  Loving the review and pictures!! 

I had trouble uploading an iPhone photo to Cruise Critic.  I'm wondering if CC has trouble with HEIC format?  In may case I ended up taking a screenshot and posting that.

On 4/2/2024 at 4:31 PM, muffydawg said:

Looking forward to enjoying the GO Princess pre-embarkation experience on SE 17th Street!

Did you already go?  And if so did you get any indication that it was being discontinued?  Friends who are traveling with us on the April 27th Enchanted cruise were told that the lounge was a pilot and is no more.  We are waiting to hear word from our CVP and yes, we are all in full suites.  Just curious if you've heard or if you wouldn't mind asking the Suite Concierge about it.

Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2024 at 1:26 AM, eltigre said:

Yes, the three dining rooms all serve the same menu and have the same type of service.  You might find that if you want to make your way down the aft elevators to that lower aft dining room, it will be less crowded.  We have see where everyone lined up for the two dining rooms that are off the Piazza, and they were offering an available table in the lower aft dining room to anyone who wanted to decide to make their way down there.

There is not a noodle bar on the ship.  That is only on the Majestic, which was designed for the Asian market.   

There is not a Planks and Steamers BBQ onboard.

There will be a Main Dining Room open for breakfast,  and for lunch on Sea Days.  

I am not sure if O'Malley's is open for lunch or not???

Alfredo's/Gigi's should be open for lunch.

Check the Enchanted Ship on the Princess website.  Click ONBOARD OUR SHIPS.

Also you can check out ship-tours on Youtube,

You will see what is offered on the pool deck.  

1.   Salty Dog for burgers, dogs, etc.  

2.  Slice, for poolside pizza by the slice,

3.  The Mix.

In the Piazza they have included dining, and casual dining 

1. The international cafe, which is also the coffee bar.  

They offer good cafe style pick-up items from breakfast, thru lunch, and into the evening.

This is like the Buffett - included for everyone.  

Specialty coffee drinks are Ala carte if you do not have a package.

The casual dining, which is an upcharge if you do not have a package

1. Alfredo's/Gigi's. popular, good pizza

2.  O'Malley's Irish Pub

3.  Ocean Terrace Sushi Bar

4.  Gelato

The Specialty dining restaurants

1.  Crown Grill Steakhouse

2.  Sabatini's Italian

3.  The Catch by Rudi

Other special dining experiences.

The Chef's Table - a culinary fine dining experience.  Limited number.. I believe you should try to book right away when boarding.

Ultimate Balcony dining - Either the Ultimate Dinner or Breakfast

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Thanks 2

Talkorpi: thank you for all your wonderful, up-to-the-minute information and tips and views.

Greatly appreciated.

I know you're going to be busy with many things then, but if you could post your debarkation day Patter, it would 'complete the set', as it were.

Best,

Canuker (EP, 2024-08-10)

Posted (edited)

Talkorpi, thank you so much for doing this. I will be taking my first cruise since childhood (quite a few decades ago unfortunately) on the Enchanted in July, the back to back east and west Caribbean. So I am excited and nervous that I won’t enjoy it (or my BFF won’t enjoy it) for all the money that we are spending, etc. etc. etc. Following along with you and seeing the patters and reading about your experience has been really comforting. And is making me more excited to go do it myself! So I just wanted you to know that some of us out here are really following your posts avidly. 😁 So thanks again for taking time out of your own vacation to do this.  It’s much appreciated.

Also, if it’s not too much to ask 😬… I’m curious what you might have done in San Juan that you really liked. We have a long stop there also, of course. We were planning to snorkel at Escambron Beach in the morning, then go get cleaned up on the ship and head back out to walk around old San Juan. Any place you went that you would really recommend? Thanks again! 

Edited by janiebee

18 hours ago, candy4040 said:

The 360 experience is fabulous.  A little pricey but wonderfully executed.  

I agree about the attention to detail and the production.

@talkorpi Great live from.  I am just now catching up on this after not checking in basically at all since embarkation day where I confirmed that Elite/Platinum lounge was combined, but little did I know when I disappeared to use the restroom a few seconds after making that post, all of this within 3-4 minutes of having arrived at the lounge (and being one of the first 15 or so there) they started boarding the ship!  We were on board at 10:25am or so.  Never seen it go that fast.  Great trip overall.  As I mentioned on another site not to be named here, it was nice meeting you out in the water at Princess Cays! I hope you enjoyed your first Fort Lauderdale sailing.

On 4/9/2024 at 12:52 AM, alanasgpa said:

Yes

The lounge for my last 2 sailings out of FLL, including this one, was Platinum + Elite + Suites. It ended up being irrelevant because they started boarding so quickly that very few people were through security quickly enough to even need a lounge to wait in before they were allowed to just walk right on the ship.