LIVE from the Enchanted Princess: April 6-13, 2024 - Eastern Caribbean

talkorpi

8 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

Already off to a weird start. We walked into our cabin and found that someone’s stuff was already all over the place. Suitcases, purses, jackets all over the furniture and mini bar already had items taken and placed throughout the cabin. 

I guess someone came in here when the rooms were not ready and open for the stewards to clean and went in the wrong cabin? 

Finally got a hold of guest services and they’re sending someone up to figure out what to do. What a way to start the cruise… lol! 😂

IMG_1079.jpeg

Hopefully you get 100.00 in OBC for the inconvenience so you get a free specialty dinner out of it.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Hopefully you get 100.00 in OBC for the inconvenience so you get a free specialty dinner out of it.

I don’t expect anything nor do I really WANT to be compensated. Not the crews fault AT ALL. I just didn’t want to walk around the ship with someone else’s luggage and wanted Guest Services to handle it. They just removed it and will check for identification. Verified that this is in fact my cabin and the other guest must have  misplaced the luggage when cabins were not yet ready. 

Our steward will have to come fix the mini bar because some items were taken. No big deal to me either. Just a rather comical start 😂

Edited by talkorpi
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

Already off to a weird start. We walked into our cabin and found that someone’s stuff was already all over the place. Suitcases, purses, jackets all over the furniture and mini bar already had items taken and placed throughout the cabin. 

I guess someone came in here when the rooms were not ready and open for the stewards to clean and went in the wrong cabin? 

Finally got a hold of guest services and they’re sending someone up to figure out what to do. What a way to start the cruise… lol! 😂

IMG_1079.jpeg

Definitely keep us posted on how that works out! Hopefully there isn't some sort of mix up with the room assignments!

7 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

I don’t expect anything nor do I really WANT to be compensated. Not the crews fault AT ALL. I just didn’t want to walk around the ship with someone else’s luggage and wanted Guest Services to handle it. They just removed it and will check for identification. Verified that this is in fact my cabin and the other guest must have  misplaced the luggage when cabins were not yet ready. 

Our steward will have to come fix the mini bar because some items were taken. No big deal to me either. Just a rather comical start 😂

Sounds like a riot.  I would just casually inquire about the OBC.  If it was granted, it's a bonus.  We had an incident on a B2B on Celebrity.  We were going to be changed from cabin A to cabin B and instead of moving our bags to our new cabin they took them off the ship to the terminal.  Luckily we noticed our bags sitting there all by themselves when we did the turnaround.  We ended up with a fruit bowl, bottle of cheap champagne and a model of the ship for the inconvenience.

40 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

IMG_1079.jpeg

Hopefully it's not a squatter,  it's tough to get them out these days...lol

• Haha 9

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Definitely keep us posted on how that works out! Hopefully there isn't some sort of mix up with the room assignments!

No cabin assignment mix up, someone just came and put their stuff in our cabin when the doors were open for cleaning without paying attention. GS verified that the cabin is in fact ours. Said they would get it sorted out and I didn’t have to wait around. 

Edited by talkorpi

2 hours ago, talkorpi said:

Got our specialty dining reserved very easily. Sabatini’s tonight and The Catch tomorrow. MDR for the rest of the cruise after that.

Muster is finished and we are ready to go. Of course the cabins aren’t ready because we got onboard so fast - not a problem at all. 

We are allegedly on a sold out sailing. I’ll try to find the full passenger count a little later and also take photos of the officer board for those who are interested.

Felt a little too early to have a dirty banana so I just got a basic rum and coke… let’s get this vacation started!

IMG_1052.jpeg

Great idea to post a pic of the officers. We will be on board next Saturday. Have a great week.

• Like 1

11 am isn't too early for a dirty banana!  I have to wait until November 30th for mine.  As for check in  since I have been elite I have not had to sit in terminal before boarding usually arrive around 10:30-11 am and after security and check in with my medallion in hand just keep on walking onto the ship so I've not got to partake of the elite suite area.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Princess didn't do anything wrong in this instance though.  Another passenger went to the cabin before they were supposed to and left their belongings as the door was propped open.  Sounds like Princess has handled it well and cleared out the stuff and will replace the mini bar.

One example of why they say to not go to your stateroom early until they are ready. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Princess didn't do anything wrong in this instance though.  Another passenger went to the cabin before they were supposed to and left their belongings as the door was propped open.  Sounds like Princess has handled it well and cleared out the stuff and will replace the mini bar.

One example of why they say to not go to your stateroom early until they are ready. 

Just missed by one floor ...

So far on my other two cruises with Princess I haven’t been able to get a model ship because they sold out like the minute the shops opened. Made sure to go get one immediately this time. 

+1 for the collection!

image.jpg

• Like 1

I took a picture of the officer board but it isn’t loading again. I’ll try to take another later this evening on the way to dinner. 

• Thanks 1

@talkorpi Thanks for this Live From report on the Enchanted.  I will be following with great interest.  My family and I were supposed to be sailing on the 4/27 sailing but alas, I have a return of cancer and required surgery.  Just out of the hospital and will really enjoy seeing what we missed this time but will surely be onboard at a later time.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DavidsNana said:

@talkorpi Thanks for this Live From report on the Enchanted.  I will be following with great interest.  My family and I were supposed to be sailing on the 4/27 sailing but alas, I have a return of cancer and required surgery.  Just out of the hospital and will really enjoy seeing what we missed this time but will surely be onboard at a later time.

Oh no! I will keep you in my thoughts. Wishing you a speedy recovery so that you can get back onboard soon 💙🩵💙

Edited by talkorpi
  • Thanks 2

Just went to the first trivia of the cruise (welcome aboard trivia, was all facts about the ship) and WON. I love being a nerd 🤓 

CD staff Colby Jack gave me WAY too many coasters, I gave like half of them to the person I beat in the tiebreaker and I still have like six left!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some photos of the room after we got the whole “mystery luggage” thing figured out. Bathroom definitely feels bigger than on the Grand class ships. 

IMG_1151.jpeg

IMG_1150.jpeg

IMG_1149.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Why would Princess give them obc because someone went into an open door and dropped their stuff in the wrong room?

Last week we went up and dropped our bags in the room early.  People need to pay attention to where they are.  The buffet will be there still people.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, talkorpi said:

Some photos of the room after we got the whole “mystery luggage” thing figured out. Bathroom definitely feels bigger than on the Grand class ships. 

IMG_1151.jpeg

IMG_1150.jpeg

IMG_1149.jpeg

Is this a regular balcony?  Crazy, but if it is I am excited about that little ledge in the shower.  We are on her in August. 

20 minutes ago, chris153 said:

Is this a regular balcony?  Crazy, but if it is I am excited about that little ledge in the shower.  We are on her in August. 

Yep! Standard balcony cabin. 

Having dinner at Sabatini’s. Last year on Ruby, Sabatini’s was the best meal I have ever had in my entire life. Tonight is still very good but the special touch just seems to be missing. 

The food is excellent again and the Mushroom Risotto was the star of the night. Ossobucco was also very tender and piping hot. And of course you can’t forget that delicious rocher for dinner. 

I think the thing that didn’t make this one stand out like last cruise is the atmosphere. On this ship, Sabatini’s is completely open to the Piazza and so I think Princess tried to remake it as a more casual venue. No tablecloths, the waters wear T shirts, and the Piazza noise is LOUD. And it’s also VERY HOT in here. 

Still one of my favorite venues, but I wish that it was enclosed and where Rudi’s is now. 

IMG_1176.jpeg

IMG_1177.jpeg

IMG_1173.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 2