Back to Back with Guarantees?

Considering a back to back on Independence with guarantee balconies booked for both cruises.  We are a family of 4.  If I'm reading deck plans correctly the only "obstruction" for rooms that accommodate 4+ are aft balconies (oh to be so lucky! lol).  If I'm wrong and risking a terrible room lmk please 🙂

I'm curious if anyone has booked back to back with guarantees and gotten the same cabin for both cruises or if we will almost certainly move?  Not a deal breaker -just curious what other experiences may have been. 

3 minutes ago, mspmcpie said:

Considering a back to back on Independence with guarantee balconies booked for both cruises.  We are a family of 4.  If I'm reading deck plans correctly the only "obstruction" for rooms that accommodate 4+ are aft balconies (oh to be so lucky! lol).  If I'm wrong and risking a terrible room lmk please 🙂

I'm curious if anyone has booked back to back with guarantees and gotten the same cabin for both cruises or if we will almost certainly move?  Not a deal breaker -just curious what other experiences may have been. 

It's money saved. A cabin is a cabin. 

I am going to go out on a limb and say that statistically, your chances of being assigned the same cabin on both cruises is.........................

ZERO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not saying this will happen for you, but the last two cruises I booked with Royal, which were GTY rooms, they assigned my room number in just a few day after booking. One cruise was over 300 days out. As soon as you get your room assignment, you can call and change your room number to any available in that category. What I do is a mock booking to see what rooms are available in my category and then call and ask them to switch my room to the one I prefer. 

If you're LUCKY and get your rooms assigned quickly, you may be able to find a room that is available on both cruises and have them switched. But that's still a big IF. Hope it works out for you!

7 hours ago, bluewater1298 said:

As soon as you get your room assignment, you can call and change your room number to any available in that category.

I’ve read here previously that could be done with US bookings but not UK ones. Not sure if that’s the case or if it applies to the op. 

8 hours ago, bluewater1298 said:

I'm not saying this will happen for you, but the last two cruises I booked with Royal, which were GTY rooms, they assigned my room number in just a few day after booking. One cruise was over 300 days out. As soon as you get your room assignment, you can call and change your room number to any available in that category. What I do is a mock booking to see what rooms are available in my category and then call and ask them to switch my room to the one I prefer. 

If you're LUCKY and get your rooms assigned quickly, you may be able to find a room that is available on both cruises and have them switched. But that's still a big IF. Hope it works out for you!

We've found since they've started the Royal Up program, we don't get our GTY cabin assigned until we've checked in. 

49 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

We've found since they've started the Royal Up program, we don't get our GTY cabin assigned until we've checked in. 

I booked a GTY balcony on a cruise two weeks ago for January 2025 and had my assigned room two days later. It happened the same way last summer when I booked for this April. I can't say it happens with everyone, but it has for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

Still totally random.  I have clients getting their room assignments more than 6 months out and others within a week of sailing.  It's all over the map

• Like 1

You're not risking a terrible room.  We almost always go with Guarantees, and we have always been happy with our room.  We usually land midship on Deck 6, as most people prefer higher decks.  It's become our favorite deck ... convenient to the Promenade, the theater and the dining room, and (if you have a balcony) closest to the water.  

However, your chances of getting the same room on both legs of your B2B are pretty close to zero.  I'd hate the moving, but the savings are real.  

We've always received our room numbers shortly after Check-in opens -- maybe around the 30 day mark.  You know the bar-code trick?  Once you have your Boarding Pass, use your phone to scan the bar code, and it may show your room number before Royal shares it with you officially.