Itinerary changes and excursions?

BamaVol

I just received an email from my TA.  My 6/15 Enchanted cruise has a modified itinerary.  The order of two ports is reversed. We have an excursion booked through Princess for one of those ports.  I don’t see the change reflected yet in the app.  But I expect it will show up eventually. Should I be concerned about my excursion or should I expect Princess to seamlessly switch it from Tuesday to Wednesday?

I'm sure they will change it.  We had the same thing happen recently on the Enchanted Princess where the port order and Roatan port stop was changed a couple of months ago then two weeks ago the Roatan port stop location was changed again.  The excursion we booked stayed and all of the excursions available for sale finally showed up in the Personalizer until yesterday.  It takes them time to sort it all out so just give it a couple of weeks to resolve.  I'm sure it will.

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

I just received an email from my TA.  My 6/15 Enchanted cruise has a modified itinerary.  The order of two ports is reversed. We have an excursion booked through Princess for one of those ports.  I don’t see the change reflected yet in the app.  But I expect it will show up eventually. Should I be concerned about my excursion or should I expect Princess to seamlessly switch it from Tuesday to Wednesday?

Have you checked your travel summary in the cruise personalizer on the website? Mine shows the excursions moved to the new date.

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

Have you checked your travel summary in the cruise personalizer on the website? Mine shows the excursions moved to the new date.

It’s still wrong there and anywhere else I can think to look.  It’s no big deal, as I expect Princess will eventually fix the itinerary and show the excursion on the correct date. 

However, I was looking at 3rd party excursions for the other port in the swap and no longer feel comfortable making those arrangements. Maybe closer to sailing date. 

53 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

It’s still wrong there and anywhere else I can think to look.  It’s no big deal, as I expect Princess will eventually fix the itinerary and show the excursion on the correct date. 

However, I was looking at 3rd party excursions for the other port in the swap and no longer feel comfortable making those arrangements. Maybe closer to sailing date. 

As long as it can be can cancelled, I wouldn’t worry about booking a third party excursion. The only thing we had booked was clamshells on the beach in  Roatan which is really straightforward. I wonder if they  may still be waiting for confirmations from other vendors on the more typical ship excursions 

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

Why the apprehension?  As long as you are not going crazy far from the ship and are dealing with a reputable operator a private excursion can offer a better and more personal experience. 

The question to ask (if not on the operator website) is what happens if the ship does not port or there are other changes.  Most operators will simply cancel or reschedule.   If not - go elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Why the apprehension?  As long as you are not going crazy far from the ship and are dealing with a reputable operator a private excursion can offer a better and more personal experience. 

The question to ask (if not on the operator website) is what happens if the ship does not port or there are other changes.  Most operators will simply cancel or reschedule.   If not - go elsewhere. 

I have 70 days yet. I have a list of recommended 3rd party excursions my TA sent me. I’ll be going through the list over the next week. 

14 hours ago, Crystabel said:

Today we were notified about a couple of changes to the itinerary for our April 13 cruise. The change already shows in the travel summary. 

Update: the change is now reflected in the excursion page. But the port swap doesn’t show yet in the itinerary page. Like with most things, it will take Princess a bit of time to get its act together. 

• Like 1