Anthem of the Seas - No Sailings in October 2024?

Have sailings been cancelled for this ship for the entire month of October?  We have one booked, but haven't heard anything.  When would we know if it has been cancelled - Southampton to Rome October 14th is our itinerary.  Ship supposed to go through Suez Canal after that, which is probably why it has been cancelled.  I would like to get our deposit back so need the cruise line to cancel, not us, at it was a non-refundable deposit.

We are booked b2b on Rome-Dubai and Dubai-Singapore cruises. It sure feels like RC will cancel those cruises. I wish they would just do it already so we can transfer the deposits to other cruises or get a refund and make other plans for the fall.

We have just changed away from the Southampton to Rome cruise as we were sick of waiting for Royal to announce the inevitable. It has cost us a little bit (£150 change fee) but moved to the Odyssey 10/10/24 sailing which gets back into Rome the day before we would have been there anyway. Have had to book an outbound flight but have saved the transfer down to S'ton. Changed from a Grand Suite to Junior Suite Gtee but gained 3 days and a far better itinery. We have saved overall about £1000 doing this! We figured by waiting and waiting the alternative options will just keep going up in price so very happy we jumped booking!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, CeeCee59 said:

Have sailings been cancelled for this ship for the entire month of October?  We have one booked, but haven't heard anything.  When would we know if it has been cancelled - Southampton to Rome October 14th is our itinerary.  Ship supposed to go through Suez Canal after that, which is probably why it has been cancelled.  I would like to get our deposit back so need the cruise line to cancel, not us, at it was a non-refundable deposit.

This subject is raised daily on the various groups for these itineraries… the ship disappears from sale, then it’s back again. 
I assume they are working behind the scenes… it takes a lot of logistical planning to reroute a big ship with thousands of people on board.. they can’t just turn up! 
Be patient and I’m sure they will let us know.  
They cancel and you will get your money back, even on NRD. You may* even get OBC/FCC as a sweetener so definitely don’t cancel and lose money!!!

I also have booked an all inclusive package with flights and hotels for which we paid a hefty deposit so I’m not cancelling and losing over £1000. I’ll just wait. 

Edited by little britain
* I did say “may”!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are also booked on Rome to Dubai and Dubai to Singapore. The Dubai to Singapore leg is still showing on the website but the cruises before it are not. We're just waiting to see what happens, if the Dubai to Singapore leg still happens we'll just do that and probably add a few days in Dubai before. 

Hope they tell us all soon as realistically we all know Rome to Dubai won't happen but we can't make any plans until they cancel.

They've been disappearing and reappearing for several weeks now. The Southampton to Rome one is back up now too, but the Rome to Dubai leg is still missing.

I hope something gets sorted out sooner rather than later so that you can all make alternative plans as necessary.

27 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

They've been disappearing and reappearing for several weeks now. The Southampton to Rome one is back up now too, but the Rome to Dubai leg is still missing.

I hope something gets sorted out sooner rather than later so that you can all make alternative plans as necessary.

It’s the usual conflict of interest between passengers who, understandably, want to know what’s happening asap so they can plan accordingly and Royal which, understandably, wants to leave the final call until as late as possible in case things improve in the Middle East.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I hope so too. We’re booked on the Southampton to Rome leg and then the Oasis TA out of Barcelona Oct 24th. I’ve booked flights to the UK early October so that should the Anthem be cancelled we can hopefully book either the Voyager or Odyssey and that’ll fit in well with getting to the Oasis. 

Jenni. 

• 4 weeks later...

A little bizarre in light of the Red Sea situation but yesterday we received an email from RCI informing of a port change and that because of a potential immigrant delays in Mumbai we would now miss Muscat. My one and only explanation which seems unlikely or very risky if the do it is sail the Anthem empty from Southampton to Dubai. Wish they’d let us know, alternative cruises are increasing in price

1 hour ago, Sinbad 2 said:

A little bizarre in light of the Red Sea situation but yesterday we received an email from RCI informing of a port change and that because of a potential immigrant delays in Mumbai we would now miss Muscat. My one and only explanation which seems unlikely or very risky if the do it is sail the Anthem empty from Southampton to Dubai. Wish they’d let us know, alternative cruises are increasing in price

They have cancelled the Southampton to Rome and Rome to Dubai legs already. It does look like they are sailing empty around Africa and will resume with passengers in Dubai.

9 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

They could always keep it in Southampton for longer.

Regards,

Cublet

They still have to get to Dubai for 7th Nov as that cruise is still going ahead. As they can't go through the canal they need longer to go around Africa so the last Southampton cruise has already been cut short by a few days.

4 hours ago, Sinbad 2 said:

You need a new travel agent!!  The Anthem cruises were cancelled on 16th April! Southampton - Rome - Dubai legs 

Reading all the comments, if they sail from Southampton via Africa why would they then sail back up to Dubai just to sail back to Singapore surely it would make more sense just to go straight to Singapore and add an extra cruise from there.