Princess medallion questions.

1.  Is the Princess medallion waterproof?  (If I put it in a zippered pocket in my swim trunks, will it survive a dip in the ocean?)

2.  Is the Princess medallion reusable?  (Can it be reused on your next Princess cruise?)

3 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

totally waterproof....

not reusable...you get a new one each cruise

Thanks.  I was thinking about getting a waterproof air tag holder, but it probably isn't necessary.

10 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Thanks.  I was thinking about getting a waterproof air tag holder, but it probably isn't necessary.

No it is not necessary.  
It is reusable only if it’s a b2b, same ship, continuous journey.

It has your name, the ship’s name and your sailing date printed on the front.  Not that you can read it from any distance, but bringing an old one on a different cruise would cause some confusion.  Maybe that’s why the battery has such a short life.  And it will be a different color the second time you sail.

1 minute ago, BamaVol said:

It has your name, the ship’s name and your sailing date printed on the front.  Not that you can read it from any distance, but bringing an old one on a different cruise would cause some confusion.  Maybe that’s why the battery has such a short life.  And it will be a different color the second time you sail.

Sometimes the battery starts to get weak after 15+ days

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

Sometimes the battery starts to get weak after 15+ days

I don’t know what % of cruisers go beyond 15 days, but surely a minority. Someday I will sail longer than 10 days but until then I shouldn’t be affected.

But imagine a medallion with a battery that last 12 months and taking it on your next cruise for a laugh.

5 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I don’t know what % of cruisers go beyond 15 days, but surely a minority.

Many do. On those 20 day b2bs sailing from Ft. Lauderdale there are maybe 500+ doing the turn arounds. So maybe 15% or more. Percentage depends the the passenger capacity of the ship. Very popular.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skynight said:

Many do. On those 20 day b2bs sailing from Ft. Lauderdale there are maybe 500+ doing the turn arounds. So maybe 15% or more. Percentage depends the the passenger capacity of the ship. Very popular.

We haven’t taken a 7 day cruise that was not part of a back to back in years. Counting them as one cruise our booked cruises are 16, 14, 15 and 20 days. We recently did a 10 day Mexico just to get away 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I don’t know what % of cruisers go beyond 15 days, but surely a minority. Someday I will sail longer than 10 days but until then I shouldn’t be affected.

We did an 18 night, Chile to L.A., My Medallion battery went dead near the end and replaced no problem at Passenger Services. I've wondered why that cruise was my favorite. There wasn't any one port or experience that stood out, in fact I was happy to get home. Something about just being out there that long.  Point is, try a longer cruise if you can take the time, a different vibe. For one thing, I've observed the longer the cruise, the fewer kids.

Edited by mtnesterz

"try a longer cruise if you can take the time, a different vibe. For one thing, I've observed the longer the cruise, the fewer kids."

Yes, different vibe for single sailing longer cruises and less youth. Even when you put voyages together on your own as one, two, three or more b2bs your experience differs. The on board schedule becomes more calm. See a production show last week? No need to see it again. Different guest entertainers and comedians come on board. You develop a closer relationship with some crew members. For me it's maybe I'll skip the MDR tonight, go to one of the other venues. Ports. I've been to that port many times, no need to go ashore, enjoy the ship when most of the passengers are off. If you have the time and funds, try it. I'm am never bored. 

3 hours ago, skynight said:

"try a longer cruise if you can take the time, a different vibe. For one thing, I've observed the longer the cruise, the fewer kids."

Yes, different vibe for single sailing longer cruises and less youth. Even when you put voyages together on your own as one, two, three or more b2bs your experience differs. The on board schedule becomes more calm. See a production show last week? No need to see it again. Different guest entertainers and comedians come on board. You develop a closer relationship with some crew members. For me it's maybe I'll skip the MDR tonight, go to one of the other venues. Ports. I've been to that port many times, no need to go ashore, enjoy the ship when most of the passengers are off. If you have the time and funds, try it. I'm am never bored. 

Even on ports we have been to tons of times it is great to go ashore and eat lunch at a favorite restaurant or find a new favorite 

1 minute ago, memoak said:

Even on ports we have been to tons of times it is great to go ashore and eat lunch at a favorite restaurant or find a new favorite 

Agree, or visit a favorite beach.

6 minutes ago, skynight said:

Agree, or visit a favorite beach.

In our 70’s now beaches are not the draw they were 30 years ago. LOL

• Like 1