Can you transfer a courtesy hold to a TA inside final payment?

As I understand it, if you book a cruise that's inside final payment you can't transfer it to a travel agent (feel free to correct me if I've got that wrong).

But what if you just put a courtesy hold on it? Can you still transfer it as long as you've not firmed it up?

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

As I understand it, if you book a cruise that's inside final payment you can't transfer it to a travel agent (feel free to correct me if I've got that wrong).

But what if you just put a courtesy hold on it? Can you still transfer it as long as you've not firmed it up?

It depends on how long the courtesy hold is good for as the transfers take a couple of days or more to process.  Why not just call the TA and have them book it direct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It depends on how long the courtesy hold is good for as the transfers take a couple of days or more to process.  Why not just call the TA and have them book it direct.

Thanks, Ken. Appreciate it.

It's not for me; it's for family members. They've seen a price they like but would need to get a few ducks in a row before they can make a final decision.

TA is in the US and we're in Europe so with the time difference and it being the weekend might not be easy to get hold of her on the phone right away.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It's after final payment, payment is due in full

not necessarily. I just completed the initial deposit from the courtesy hold last week on my upcoming RCL cruise and got my TA to tsf the booking. 

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

TA is in the US and we're in Europe so with the time difference and it being the weekend might not be easy to get hold of her on the phone right away.

My TA apparently never sleeps.  😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

My TA apparently never sleeps.  😄

To be fair, ours is very responsive but I doubt she'd appreciate us calling at 9 am our time since that would be 4 am where she is. 😂

Apart from that, though, I wouldn't really want to impinge on her weekend for something that's not an emergency.

2 hours ago, missyprincess said:

not necessarily. I just completed the initial deposit from the courtesy hold last week on my upcoming RCL cruise and got my TA to tsf the booking. 

making the deposit meant nothing.  You had the courtesy hold and that gave you the time to transfer it to the TA.  After final payment there is no such thing as a deposit

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, missyprincess said:

Yours must not have been after final payment sounds like yours is different than OPs. 

The way I understand it, a courtesy hold is just that. Normally it’s 24 hours, then if nothing happens it just goes away. We’ve done several and never had to put down a deposit.

Maybe things changed since our last cruise in October 2019.