Vista Havana Cabana patio - walkway and other ??

Looking at images for these deck 6 cabins, there is a “patio” for each cabin, and there is a gate that opens to a walkway.

Do all passengers have access the this walkway? Or only those staying in the Havana Cabana cabins?

And how do guests in HC cabins get to the HC bar and pool? Are these on deck 5?

If so are the patios noisy at night?

TIA!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blue_water said:

Looking at images for these deck 6 cabins, there is a “patio” for each cabin, and there is a gate that opens to a walkway.

Do all passengers have access the this walkway? Or only those staying in the Havana Cabana cabins?

TIA!

First off, I think you mean deck 5 not 6.  That is where the HC cabins are.  There is a gate from each cabin area to the outer walkway.  Only passengers with HC cabins have access to this area.  There is two doors from the pool area (they only use the one on the Starboard side) and  pool attendant is assigned to check wrist bands at this level.  There is also a gate to common areas which supposedly can be opened by cards of HC residents.

HC cabins can get to pool thru the HC bar are or the external walkway.  Patios are not noisy.  We have stayed in HC on the Vista, Horizon and Panorama on 8 sailings.  Absolute home run.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

First off, I think you mean deck 5 not 6.  That is where the HC cabins are.  There is a gate from each cabin area to the outer walkway.  Only passengers with HC cabins have access to this area.  There is two doors from the pool area (they only use the one on the Starboard side) and  pool attendant is assigned to check wrist bands at this level.  There is also a gate to common areas which supposedly can be opened by cards of HC residents.

HC cabins can get to pool thru the HC bar are or the external walkway.  Patios are not noisy.  We have stayed in HC on the Vista, Horizon and Panorama on 8 sailings.  Absolute home run.

My mistake, looking at the HC AFT balconies on decks 6 & 7.

Ok, I see the pool and bar are on deck 5 (Promenade). So I was wondering about noise on deck 6 aft cabins coming from the pool and bar, day or night? 

And there must be a stairway for HC guests from decks 7 & 6 to the pool…?
Thanks for the details!

Edited by blue_water

Just now, blue_water said:

My mistake, looking at the HC AFT balconies on decks 6 & 7.

Ok, I see the pool and bar are on deck 5 (Promenade). So I was wondering about noise on deck 6 aft cabins coming from the pool and bar, day or night? 
Thanks for the details!

We have stayed on the aft wrap on 6 and next over for family.  There is some ambient noise when the band is playing, small muffled but can be heard.Nothing from pool area.  Love the wrt wraps as well.  The band quits at 11.

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

We have stayed on the aft wrap on 6 and next over for family.  There is some ambient noise when the band is playing, small muffled but can be heard.Nothing from pool area.  Love the wrt wraps as well.  The band quits at 11.

Yes the wrap balcony or Premium Vista cabin is great! Especially on a Panama Canal cruise. I was looking at them, but my wife likes the idea of the Havana pool and bar on a Carnival cruise…

Thanks much for your insight! 🙏

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blue_water said:

Yes the wrap balcony or Premium Vista cabin is great! Especially on a Panama Canal cruise. I was looking at them, but my wife likes the idea of the Havana pool and bar on a Carnival cruise…

Thanks much for your insight! 🙏

The aft wrap and aft view get access to the HC pool area.  All guestsa can go to the bar (inside)

Posted (edited)

Aah, I didn’t realizes you had access to the pool and bar from the corner Premium Vista cabins…

And are you  saying any guest on the ship can go to the bar? Not just the HC and corner vista cabin guests?

Edited by blue_water
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, blue_water said:

Aah, I didn’t realizes you had access to the pool and bar from the corner Premium Vista cabins…

And are you  saying any guest on the ship can go to the bar? Not just the HC and corner vista cabin guests?

Inside bar yes

We just stayed in a regular balcony on the Venezia on deck 6 just above this area.  We could see everything on the patios below so not much privacy.  But the walkway was seldom used.

We are on the Panorama in two weeks in the same area.  There should be more activity on the walkway because there is a pool which the Venezia did not have one.

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Inside bar yes

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Not outside….it is open to both inside and outside

So all passengers have access to the inside bar area, and only HC and Premium Vista corner cabin guests have access to the outside bar/pool area…

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

We just stayed in a regular balcony on the Venezia on deck 6 just above this area.  We could see everything on the patios below so not much privacy.  But the walkway was seldom used.

We are on the Panorama in two weeks in the same area.  There should be more activity on the walkway because there is a pool which the Venezia did not have one.

Yes we’ve stayed in aft cabins on Carnival, and privacy on the balcony is nonexistent…We like the idea of having access to the HC pool and outside bar, even though it looks like it can still get pretty crowded…

29 minutes ago, blue_water said:

So all passengers have access to the inside bar area, and only HC and Premium Vista corner cabin guests have access to the outside bar/pool area…

Yes

28 minutes ago, blue_water said:

Yes we’ve stayed in aft cabins on Carnival, and privacy on the balcony is nonexistent…We like the idea of having access to the HC pool and outside bar, even though it looks like it can still get pretty crowded…

While not totally true for all cabins, it us true enough to say it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blue_water said:

Only if the Premium Vista Wraps are Havana.  On Vista(maybe the other Vista class ships as well, but not positive), the aft wraps on deck 9 are not included in the Havana category.

5 hours ago, tootsiescurly said:

Suites get access as well.

Only Grand Suites.

Yes I don’t see the HC perks in the Premium Vista wraparound cabin descriptions…These corner cabins on the Vista are a separate category…

I’ve read that grand suite guests also have HC pool access.. 

21 hours ago, blue_water said:

Yes I don’t see the HC perks in the Premium Vista wraparound cabin descriptions…These corner cabins on the Vista are a separate category…

I’ve read that grand suite guests also have HC pool access.. 

9c cabins have the perks

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes I do see the Premium Vista wrap cabins do have the HC perks listed on other booking sites…Funny Carnival’s booking doesn’t seem to state that…Unless I’m just missing that…?

Edited by blue_water

On 4/14/2024 at 6:12 PM, blue_water said:

TIA!

It sounds like you are under the impression that the entire ship is going to be walking past your patio. That is not true at all. The havana area is much quieter, and you have to have a wristband to be in the outside area. There are really very few people around that walkway. 

1 hour ago, dacsmom said:

It sounds like you are under the impression that the entire ship is going to be walking past your patio. That is not true at all. The havana area is much quieter, and you have to have a wristband to be in the outside area. There are really very few people around that walkway. 

Thanks, it’s more clear after seeing YouTube videos of the HC area exactly how it is set-up.

The only concern would be the number of HC and other qualified guests would be at the pool but that’s not a big deal. We’ve cruised in Carnival aft cabins years ago, and this HC set-up is something we’ve not seen and we would definitely go this route 😄

• Like 3

17 hours ago, blue_water said:

Thanks, it’s more clear after seeing YouTube videos of the HC area exactly how it is set-up.

The only concern would be the number of HC and other qualified guests would be at the pool but that’s not a big deal. We’ve cruised in Carnival aft cabins years ago, and this HC set-up is something we’ve not seen and we would definitely go this route 😄

Home run, do it

• Like 2

Now knowing that the Vista corner cabins have access to the VC pool we’ll probably go that way rather than the aft balcony…We love the typical aft-facing balcony, but with these HC aft cabins the railing with the gate + the walkway take away from the water view…Looks like the corner balcony just has the conventional rail…

• Like 1

I would love to stay in one of those cabins,Walkway would not bother me

.I love everything about them but the view.

There is a high glass to look through that I assume is there to block the wind?

I enjoy being able to go out on a balcony with unobstructed views of the ocean, lean on the rail  and stare.

This is the only reason for us, so we get an Aft Havana Cabin normally a wrap.

Go for it and enjoy!

Love the Havana Area.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, blue_water said:

Now knowing that the Vista corner cabins have access to the VC pool we’ll probably go that way rather than the aft balcony…We love the typical aft-facing balcony, but with these HC aft cabins the railing with the gate + the walkway take away from the water view…Looks like the corner balcony just has the conventional rail…

It does