Cunard re routes QA 2025 World Cruise

I see from their email today that as expected the Queen Anne World Cruise in 2025 has been re-routed to avoid the Red Sea.  I was due to go from Dubai to Southampton over 20 nights. Cunard have offered a re-route from Cape Town to Southampton instead, calling at Walvis Bay Namibia, Dakar Senegal and Las Palmas de Gran Canarias over 16 nights.  They have offered a pro-rata fare reduction of the missing 4 nights, and $200 per person onboard credit.  In my view this is understandable and a reasonable offer, however I've decided to cancel and get a refund of our deposit.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Due to the on going situation in the Gulf Queen Anne will return to Southampton Via Cape Town at the end of the 2025 World Cruise, rather than the planned Suez Transit.

New Itinerary from Cape Town as follows

11‌ April
Cape Town, South Africa
12‌ April
Sea Day
13‌ April
Walvis Bay, Namibia
14 -‌ 19‌ April
Sea Days
20‌ April
Dakar, Senegal
21 -‌ 22‌ April
Sea Days
23‌ April
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
24 -‌ 26‌ April
Sea Days
27‌ April
Southampton, UK

I guess the SIN - CPT segment will follow this years QM2 itinary
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

You would think they could put a bit more effort and imagination into the ports of call, same old same old could have been cape Verde,  madeira, morrocco etc 😴 

Edited by 2BACRUISER
Add info
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Hi, 

I am booked on the full world cruise. According to the email from Cunard, the complete new itinerary from Penang to Southampton is as follows:

27‌ March Penang, Malaysia

28‌ March -‌ 02‌ April Sea Days

03‌ April Port Louis, Mauritius

04 -‌ 07‌ April Sea Days

08‌ April Port Elizabeth, South Africa

09‌ April Sea Day

10‌ April Cape Town, South Africa

11‌ April Cape Town, South Africa

12‌ April Sea Day

13‌ April Walvis Bay, Namibia

14 -‌ 19‌ April Sea Days

20‌ April Dakar, Senegal

21 -‌ 22‌ April Sea Days

23‌ April Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain

24 -‌ 26‌ April Sea Days

27‌ April Southampton, UK

I like the new itinerary because I have never visited any of these ports before.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wagtail adventures said:

I see from their email today that as expected the Queen Anne World Cruise in 2025 has been re-routed to avoid the Red Sea.  I was due to go from Dubai to Southampton over 20 nights. Cunard have offered a re-route from Cape Town to Southampton instead, calling at Walvis Bay Namibia, Dakar Senegal and Las Palmas de Gran Canarias over 16 nights.  They have offered a pro-rata fare reduction of the missing 4 nights, and $200 per person onboard credit.  In my view this is understandable and a reasonable offer, however I've decided to cancel and get a refund of our deposit.  

In my 'Itinerary' driven cruising world that would suit me - I have never cruised into Dakar.

3 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

You would think they could put a bit more effort and imagination into the ports of call, same old same old could have been cape Verde,  madeira, morrocco etc 😴 

That's my perennial gripe with Cunard. Same old same old. 

Even when they do find somewhere new its too late, I ticked off Sibinik last year....

Sibinek24ViewfromStJohnsFortressRichard.thumb.jpg.79fdd07e4b45f78b19b0dc3332977522.jpg

I'd better get writing a blog review, its an super port of call with a superior approach/sail away route...

Sibinek6StAnthonyChannel.thumb.jpg.39e96d856f258fb845f745f46af29dde.jpg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Solent Richard said:

That's my perennial gripe with Cunard. Same old same old. 

Even when they do find somewhere new its too late, I ticked off Sibinik last year....

Sibinek24ViewfromStJohnsFortressRichard.thumb.jpg.79fdd07e4b45f78b19b0dc3332977522.jpg

I'd better get writing a blog review, its an super port of call with a superior approach/sail away route...

Sibinek6StAnthonyChannel.thumb.jpg.39e96d856f258fb845f745f46af29dde.jpg

Excellent! May I take the liberty of posting one or both of these photos on our "Where in the World?" thread or would you like to have the honour of posting them there? Sibenik, Croatia is on our list of Cunard ports we haven't seen yet on that thread. QV called there once in September 2017 and QE called there once in September 2018. 

We've relaxed the rules quite a bit for that "Where in the World?" game in that the photos don't have to be taken during a Cunard cruise any more. As long as they show one of the ports a Cunard ship has visited at some point is all we care about now.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Excellent! May I take the liberty of posting one or both of these photos on our "Where in the World?" thread or would you like to have the honour of posting them there? Sibenik, Croatia is on our list of Cunard ports we haven't seen yet on that thread. QV called there once in September 2017 and QE called there once in September 2018. 

We've relaxed the rules quite a bit for that "Where in the World?" game in that the photos don't have to be taken during a Cunard cruise any more. As long as they show one of the ports a Cunard ship has visited at some point is all we care about now.

Hello @bluemarble

Be my guest and post both - though it won't be a 'teaser guess ' anymore: but who cares as long as we get them logged.

Then I'll dig out another pair to enhance the theme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see Cunard have updated the QA 2025 world voyage itinerary on the Cunard website. The itinerary posted there varies slightly from what's been communicated via email.

The online itinerary has QA in Durban on 7 April 2025 instead of Port Elizabeth on 8 April 2025 and it has QA in Tenerife instead of Las Palmas on 23 April 2025. The online itinerary also omits Dakar on 20 April 2025.

I recall we had a discussion earlier about Dakar not showing up online on QA's 2026 world voyage itinerary. Perhaps the same thing is going on with Dakar on what's listed for QA's 2025 revised world voyage itinerary as well. There's still the discrepancies between Port Elizabeth on 8 April versus Durban on 7 April and Las Palmas versus Tenerife though.

For those of you on the revised voyage, may I ask what are you seeing in My Cunard?

Hi, 

Thanks for your post. I was not aware that there was a discrepancy in the itineraries. 

I am booked on the full world cruise but I have not been able to access my booking on My Cunard since the revised itinerary was announced. When I attempt to login, the circle keeps spinning. I am guessing that they are still making the updates to the itinerary. I will let you know about the itinerary after I am able to access my booking again.

Chuck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I see Cunard have updated the QA 2025 world voyage itinerary on the Cunard website. The itinerary posted there varies slightly from what's been communicated via email.

The online itinerary has QA in Durban on 7 April 2025 instead of Port Elizabeth on 8 April 2025 and it has QA in Tenerife instead of Las Palmas on 23 April 2025. The online itinerary also omits Dakar on 20 April 2025.

I recall we had a discussion earlier about Dakar not showing up online on QA's 2026 world voyage itinerary. Perhaps the same thing is going on with Dakar on what's listed for QA's 2025 revised world voyage itinerary as well. There's still the discrepancies between Port Elizabeth on 8 April versus Durban on 7 April and Las Palmas versus Tenerife though.

For those of you on the revised voyage, may I ask what are you seeing in My Cunard?

UK website  shows Dakar as April 20th

17 minutes ago, Poole Boy said:

UK website  shows Dakar as April 20th

Thanks for that. Apparently it's only Cunard's website for North America that's missing Dakar from the QA 2025 world voyage itinerary. I see Dakar is indeed listed on the itinerary found on the Cunard UK website. Dakar is also listed on the Cunard Australia website when I pop over there.

1 hour ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

Thanks for your post. I was not aware that there was a discrepancy in the itineraries. 

I am booked on the full world cruise but I have not been able to access my booking on My Cunard since the revised itinerary was announced. When I attempt to login, the circle keeps spinning. I am guessing that they are still making the updates to the itinerary. I will let you know about the itinerary after I am able to access my booking again.

Chuck

Same here and I've tried chrome, firefox, etc.  

• Like 1

Hi, 

I recently received an email from Cunard that contains an updated booking confirmation listing the revised itinerary for the full world cruise. The confirmation provides the following notice:

We recently contacted you to advise of an itinerary change; two of the ports of call on your journey were communicated in error. Queen Anne will be calling to Durban on 7 April 2025, instead of Port Elizabeth on 8 April 2025 and Santa Cruz de Tenerife instead of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria on 23 April 2025. We apologise for any confusion caused, however we look forward to welcoming you on board Queen Anne for a memorable voyage. 

Note that Dakar is listed for April 20. I am still unable to access My Cunard to check the itinerary.

Chuck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I am now able to access my world cruise reservation on My Cunard. The itinerary has been updated and is consistent with my most recent post. 

Chuck

In my self-appointed role as documenter of the Cunard dress code and theme schedules, may I ask if they have updated the dress code and theme schedules in your My Cunard calendar for the altered itinerary?

The previous schedule I was given has a gala evening scheduled on 13 April 2025 which is now going to be a port day in Walvis Bay so that will almost certainly be changed at some point if it hasn't already. I suspect there might be some fine-tuning to the dates of the other gala evenings as well.

Here is what I have now for the gala evening and theme schedule. If you (or anyone else on this voyage) could let me know of any changes to this schedule, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

29 March: Roaring Twenties   (sea day)

4 April: Gala Evening, no theme   (sea day after Port Louis)

8 April: Black and White   (sea day after Durban)

13 April: Gala Evening, no theme   (port day in Walvis Bay) 

19 April: Masquerade   (sea day before Dakar)

25 April: Gala Evening, no theme   (sea day)

Hi, 

Yes, your information for the gala evenings is consistent with what is listed on the calendar in My Cunard. With the exception of Walvis Bay, all of the port days throughout the entire cruise (New York to Southampton) are listed as "smart attire." I imagine that this day will be changed to "smart attire" in the near future. 

Chuck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hi, 

For the record, My Cunard currently indicates that there are a total of 20 "Gala Evenings" between New York (Jan. 18) and Southampton (April 27): 

Jan. 20 (Red and Gold), 24 and 29

Feb. 1 (Masquerade), 6 (Black and White), 14 (Red and Gold), 20 and 26

March 2 (Black and White), 6, 10 (Masquerade), 15, 20 (Red and Gold), 23 and 29 (Roaring Twenties)

April 4, 8 (Black and White), 13, 19 (Masquerade) and 25

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9
  • Like 2