Norwegian Breakaway - Departure from Miami Terminal Next Month - Luggage/Carry On Question

We are going on an NCL Breakaway Cruise next month.   We received our luggage tags in the mail yesterday - 2 per person.   We were planning on each bringing a suitcase as well as a carry on.  If our carry on is a back pack or a closeable tote bag can we place one of our tags on it so we don't have to walk around on the ship that first day with our carry on until the room is ready?   I did see where folks checked carry ons once they boarded the ship, but if we could avoid that altogether, it would be nice.   Thanks

5 minutes ago, TYTY said:

What is your sail date? I'm also on the Breakaway next week and didn't get luggage tags.

OOPS....meant next month!!

26 minutes ago, TYTY said:

Interesting, I'm on May 12 and didn't get luggage tags.

Most people don't seem to receive luggage tags. If you're sailing in the Haven, you generally do (we have on our sailings). But, I have heard of folks not in the Haven receiving tags. If you want a real tag, just wait til you arrive at the port and have the porter put a tag on. We often forget the tags mailed and just do this (NCL, save money. Don't send us tags.). 

the last time i received tags in the mail for a regular cabin (both studio and inside) was back around 2021/2022 when cruises were slowly going to back normal. since then i no longer get any tags in the mail 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TYTY said:

If you are Checked-In on NCL for your cruise (72+ hours, to 21 days prior) you should have the ability to log into your account and download your Cruise Documents.  Within the online document is a link to print luggage tags!

• Like 2

I'm not waiting for the luggage tags in the mail, I'll just print from my e-docs.  I just thought it was weird that he's on the sailing after me and got the tags and then somebody mentioned he's probably in the haven which makes sense. 

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Barney Gallagher said:

We are going on an NCL Breakaway Cruise next month.   We received our luggage tags in the mail yesterday - 2 per person.   We were planning on each bringing a suitcase as well as a carry on.  If our carry on is a back pack or a closeable tote bag can we place one of our tags on it so we don't have to walk around on the ship that first day with our carry on until the room is ready?   I did see where folks checked carry ons once they boarded the ship, but if we could avoid that altogether, it would be nice.   Thanks

Everyone seems to be missing the point which is can I check my carry on, not do I get luggage tags in the mail.

OP Your carry on bag should have any medicines and electronics that you are bringing on board and wise people keep it with them, they do not check those bags with the porters. 

Edited by zqvol

Sorry....missed the point, and it got a little off topic.  I had a question to ask him and he answered it.I thought that's the point of these boards.

• Like 1

Your airline carry-on CAN be checked, as noted.  I would still have a bag I carry on and keep any medications and documents needed in it. 

I carry on only that which I'm comfortable carrying until cabins are ready.

On 4/19/2024 at 7:27 AM, TYTY said:

I'm on May 12 Breakaway, too. We completed the check-in process online yesterday (can be done on the website or via the app) and then once completed, you can print the documents including the luggage tags.  

1 hour ago, comfy_critters said:

I'm on May 12 Breakaway, too. We completed the check-in process online yesterday (can be done on the website or via the app) and then once completed, you can print the documents including the luggage tags.  

Thank you - we're all set.  We have everything now.

11 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

The Breakaway has luggage storage for carry on items you don’t want to keep with you until the cabins are ready. It is in Bliss lounge.

Thank you, that is good to know.