Need help selecting ship for 5 day cruise.

You might be too late for a cruise at the end of June, that's high season and cruises are under unprecedented demand.

Your best bet will probably be Mardi Gras or Celebration if you want a Carnival cruise.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Missouri travel girl said:

Hi, need advice on which ship would be most fun with 8 year old twins, leaving from Florida end of June. All advice appreciated very much!

Use the search tool on Carnivals website for the port you want to leave out of and the date. You won't have too many options once its narrowed down. Go from there! (I personally would avoid anything smaller than Dream class ships with 8 year olds). 

Ship Class Guide0324.pdf

Fantastic choice. She's one of my very favorite ships.  Most of the 'bells and whistles' of the big boats following her conversion a few years ago without the gargantuan size. We're excited to be sailing her twin sister Radiance to Hawaii next winter.

• Like 1

MissouriTravelGirl, you have my curiosity up. 🙂 I gather??? you are from Missouri, or travel through it quite a bit?? If so, what are do you live in Missouri? The reason I ask, I live in Kansas City, or Gladstone, MO. You also mentioned you had twins, and I do too. 🙂 

On 4/22/2024 at 3:00 PM, Noledad77 said:

If you don't want to be on a giant ship, the Paradise sails out of Tampa. Probably a little late to book for 9 weeks from now, but good luck!

I second the Paradise. We just did a 4 night on her earlier this month and it was fantastic. Great service, great food, excellent Fun Squad staff. Tampa is an easy in/out port as well. If you’re driving in, pay the extra $20 to do valet parking.

5 hours ago, TPG40 said:

I second the Paradise. We just did a 4 night on her earlier this month and it was fantastic. Great service, great food, excellent Fun Squad staff. Tampa is an easy in/out port as well. If you’re driving in, pay the extra $20 to do valet parking.

I just pitched this idea to 2 of my kids the other day, but for my wife's car (we're taking 2 cars with 8 total in our group). Since I don't like to do a whole lot of walking (don't tell my doctor, please), I'll probably just have my son drop his 3 passengers off, go and park his car and meet us back at the terminal. 74 days and counting!

On 4/30/2024 at 1:28 PM, Noledad77 said:

I just pitched this idea to 2 of my kids the other day, but for my wife's car (we're taking 2 cars with 8 total in our group). Since I don't like to do a whole lot of walking (don't tell my doctor, please), I'll probably just have my son drop his 3 passengers off, go and park his car and meet us back at the terminal. 74 days and counting!

Self park is right across the street from the port. If you don’t get caught in a thunderstorm it’s not a bad walk.