Sanctuary Collection on Sun Princess

KLM3164

49 minutes ago, keldaria said:

I don’t believe that because it would’ve be clearly stated that signature is exclusive to suites like the lounge was. I think some sort of merging of co-mingling will occur which is why they reference private dining instead of coming right out with it.

So in other words, two “Sanctuary Class” dining rooms formerly known as Reserve and Signature? As long as the menus are the same hopefully it won’t matter which one is assigned. If you look at the deck plan they can’t be merged, but perhaps commingling would happen. I guess I don’t care what kind of cabin the table next to me is in as long as the numbers work. 

On 4/26/2024 at 10:11 AM, dides said:

Yes, watched it live since it wasn't restricted to registered TAs in the end and nothing new. Here are some screen grabs. 

sanclub-1.JPG.488b8630585ad9fb57b3e3f039cd64e0.JPG

sanclub-2.JPG.ea1d10e3f07e275ae137ef687b900c27.JPG

sanclub-3.JPG.734369aefd9988e5367c06bd66ce9ad3.JPG

sanclub-4.JPG.b376d8ad75db0ce5c2ea41d80e3517b7.JPG

sanclub-5.JPG.bb8c933c41fc007b04e50447e4f73b08.JPG

sanclub-6.JPG.2b99bc771fee2ab71641f92142ee0d96.JPG

sanclub-7.JPG

This is fantastic! TY! And there is the answer to the Premiere Package Q about bookings made before the new Sanct release. Apparently NOT included in my booking. I already had all the Sanct amenities since I was in a Suite. The email that went out is confusing. I hope many of you are correct in that this won't overcrowd the Suite area. The only reason I booked a Suite was to have access to the Amenities. We do Suites on Celebrity too but those have become ridiculously expensive. I see Princess following suit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techsearch said:

Hmmm, now I am questioning this. I have not made final payment yet. SO I just called and cancelled the PLUS package. I had received an email from Princess that 'looked' like they were now including everything in the 'Sanctuary'. We are in a Penthouse Suite too. But I might not have fully understood that email. I was already getting all the Sancturary perks - that's why we booked the suite in the first place. I just sent an email to my TA asking for clarity. I'll report back. 

But how in the world will they know who is and isn't Premier if all suites sold from this point forward include the Premiere package?! On Celebrity - if you are on the Retreat Deck, you have the package. There aren't some with and some without. 

Same way they know regular people have premier, plus or nothing. It’s attached to your account which your medallion brings up.

its a common bit of confusion. The email they sent is incredibly misleading suggesting suites are getting upgrades (they aren’t) and implying premier is now included. But if you click the “learn more” link, it’ll take you to the sanctuary page where you can scroll down to see the FAQ where this is located.

IMG_6861.thumb.jpeg.9726380138df91040544810b94695bf8.jpeg

• Like 3

They will have no problem for the crew knowing who has the Premiere Package included or not. Since the information is on the medallion you go to the bar or Alfredos and they know right away if you will be charged or not. Just off a cruise where we did not have a package and so we were changed when we ordered stuff. So, they are really good at keeping track, just as they do when you have a package and keep track of your amount of drinks per day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, keldaria said:

Same way they know regular people have premier, plus or nothing. It’s attached to your account which your medallion brings up.

its a common bit of confusion. The email they sent is incredibly misleading suggesting suites are getting upgrades (they aren’t) and implying premier is now included. But if you click the “learn more” link, it’ll take you to the sanctuary page where you can scroll down to see the FAQ where this is located.

IMG_6861.thumb.jpeg.9726380138df91040544810b94695bf8.jpeg

And the plot thickens - I read everything you did and decided that the Premiere was NOT included. And then I logged into my Princess account and went to the summary page and then see the ‘options for upgrades’ and then I click on “learn more” next to Bev Packages and then a screen pops up and says - you have already purchased the Premier Package. Goodness. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

So in other words, two “Sanctuary Class” dining rooms formerly known as Reserve and Signature? As long as the menus are the same hopefully it won’t matter which one is assigned. If you look at the deck plan they can’t be merged, but perhaps commingling would happen. I guess I don’t care what kind of cabin the table next to me is in as long as the numbers work. 

Depends on how it happens. When I say merged, I don’t mean physically merged, as you and others have pointed out that is impractical with the kitchen between them. When I say merged I mean the guest list making it a free for all first come first served where either restaurant goes for anyone. That’s not the sort of exclusive experience we paid extra for and ultimately the signature restaurant appears located in a nicer spot right off the plaza making it likely a more attractive target if it’s a free for all and less likely to not be packed if everyone is given the choice.

I’m a pretty reasonable guy and don’t complain much but if I can’t walk straight in and sit down every night like was promoted because they merged the lists for the dining areas I’ll be upset to say the least. It’s not about who I’m sitting next to, it’s about paying for an area that’s exclusive and purposely designed to be underbooked so it is always available for suite guest and then potentially not getting it. Yes the reserve would be available then assuming the sanctuary class isn’t oversold from grandfathered cabanas and such but still not the experience advertised.

This isn’t going to be a cheap trip for my family, I just want what was promised when I made the deposit or at least some consideration when selling me an “upgrade” that is just a degradation of the original service I was promised. I don’t take nicely to Princess gas lighting me over an expensive trip, especially when they don’t even have it all figured out before they decided to do it. It would be one thing if it was all clearly defined so I could plan accordingly to cancel or stick it out, but now I’m essentially stuck making a go/nogo choice based on speculation.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, techsearch said:

And the plot thickens - I read everything you did and decided that the Premiere was NOT included. And then I logged into my Princess account and went to the summary page and then see the ‘options for upgrades’ and then I click on “learn more” next to Bev Packages and then a screen pops up and says - you have already purchased the Premier Package. Goodness. 

Ours still says ‘you have Plus.’

Edited by capriccio

4 minutes ago, keldaria said:

Depends on how it happens. When I say merged, I don’t mean physically merged, as you and others have pointed out that is impractical with the kitchen between them. When I say merged I mean the guest list making it a free for all first come first served where either restaurant goes for anyone. That’s not the sort of exclusive experience we paid extra for and ultimately the signature restaurant appears located in a nicer spot right off the plaza making it likely a more attractive target if it’s a free for all and less likely to not be packed if everyone is given the choice.

I’m a pretty reasonable guy and don’t complain much but if I can’t walk straight in and sit down every night like was promoted because they merged the lists for the dining areas I’ll be upset to say the least. It’s not about who I’m sitting next to, it’s about paying for an area that’s exclusive and purposely designed to be underbooked so it is always available for suite guest and then potentially not getting it. Yes the reserve would be available then assuming the sanctuary class isn’t oversold from grandfathered cabanas and such but still not the experience advertised.

This isn’t going to be a cheap trip for my family, I just want what was promised when I made the deposit or at least some consideration when selling me an “upgrade” that is just a degradation of the original service I was promised. I don’t take nicely to Princess gas lighting me over an expensive trip, especially when they don’t even have it all figured out before they decided to do it. It would be one thing if it was all clearly defined so I could plan accordingly to cancel or stick it out, but now I’m essentially stuck making a go/nogo choice based on speculation.

And that’s exactly what I meant about the numbers working. For me that means enough tables so that I can walk in whenever I want with no reservation. If that perk remains as such then I’ll be satisfied. Otherwise you’re right it’s not what was offered. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, techsearch said:

Hmmm, I’m curious if their system if bugging out or if they are low key offering premier to suite guest that ask. I have the premier upgrade active on my reservation but only because I purchased the upgrade. Guests 3, 4 and 5 however do not and I can still see they don’t. I guess it’s about time I called in myself since my email doesn’t seem to have gotten a response. Would go a long way to soothing my annoyance with this announcement if we all got premier for free or even if guest 3, 4 and 5 did.

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

So in other words, two “Sanctuary Class” dining rooms formerly known as Reserve and Signature? As long as the menus are the same hopefully it won’t matter which one is assigned. 

But if I remember correctly the Suite dining was advertised to be unique menus (not a single special dish as in reserve dining) and the current suite dining is offering a special breakfast menu similar to that offered in the designated specialty restaurant for suite passenger breakfasts on other Princess ships.  We booked a suite expecting different menus not the same.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, capriccio said:

But if I remember correctly the Suite dining was advertised to be unique menus (not a single special dish as in reserve dining) and the current suite dining is offering a special breakfast menu similar to that offered in the designated specialty restaurant for suite passenger breakfasts on other Princess ships.  We booked a suite expecting different menus not the same.

I should have clarified…by same menu I meant that if the Reserve and Signature dining rooms become two Sanctuary class dining rooms, that they both have the same special menu that you are referring to. I did not mean the same menu as the soon to be former Reserve dining room. 

Similar to a previous poster, I logged into my Princess account and viewed my travel summary.  I am in a suite (S9) and had paid for the Plus package.  My travel summary reflects the plus package but then also shows premier added at the end.  It shows a breakdown for all the premier benefits such as specialty dining, photo package, etc.  I'll be interested to see what happens.  I'm not pleased that the benefits I paid for with the suite are now the same I would have gotten in a mini-suite at a lower cost, but at this point we will plan to still go and just enjoy being on vacation.  It will be interesting to see if the Premier package stays listed since the Princess FAQs clearly state it isn't included for those who had previously booked.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ngetway said:

Similar to a previous poster, I logged into my Princess account and viewed my travel summary.  I am in a suite (S9) and had paid for the Plus package.  My travel summary reflects the plus package but then also shows premier added at the end.  It shows a breakdown for all the premier benefits such as specialty dining, photo package, etc.  I'll be interested to see what happens.  I'm not pleased that the benefits I paid for with the suite are now the same I would have gotten in a mini-suite at a lower cost, but at this point we will plan to still go and just enjoy being on vacation.  It will be interesting to see if the Premier package stays listed since the Princess FAQs clearly state it isn't included for those who had previously booked.

I have an s9 booked, as well. My Travel Summary was updated with: Sanctuary Club Indicator, just now.

Nothing more.

20 minutes ago, dog said:

I have an s9 booked, as well. My Travel Summary was updated with: Sanctuary Club Indicator, just now.

Nothing more.

I feel your pain!  No change with our summary either.

@ngetway when do you sail?  We don't sail until early January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ngetway said:

Curious when you sail as ours just shows the Plus. We are in a Penthouse (Vista) but not going until Nov/25. Wondered if they are upgrading earlier sails first.

28 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I feel your pain!  No change with our summary either.

@ngetway when do you sail?  We don't sail until early January.

No pain.

I get what was expected when I booked, except for over crowding in the Sanctuary and private dining.

Princess has really screwed up with this new ship- offerings. Star- Nov 2025

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dog said:

No pain.

I get what was expected when I booked, except for over crowding in the Sanctuary and private dining.

Princess has really screwed up with this new ship- offerings. Star- Nov 2025

Mine says sanctuary class indicator as well., Sun Jan 25th S9. No sign for Premier.   My C1 TA says Grandfathered Cabana Indicator

If they are giving the MInis the Sanctuary update, they should have given the Suites at least a Plus upgrade. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, techsearch said:

Mine too, might be a glitch

1 hour ago, FLAlaska said:

Mine says sanctuary class indicator as well., Sun Jan 25th S9. No sign for Premier.   My C1 TA says Grandfathered Cabana Indicator

If they are giving the MInis the Sanctuary update, they should have given the Suites at least a Plus upgrade. 

Seems the suites are the losers with extra passengers being bumped up for free to these exclusive amenities.

I have a good fare for my S9 so will be satisfied with it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nikkibird said:

Curious when you sail as ours just shows the Plus. We are in a Penthouse (Vista) but not going until Nov/25. Wondered if they are upgrading earlier sails first.

Our cruise is October 19th

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

Is there any reserved seating or priority admission to the shows?

If you have the Premier package, there is limited reserve seating for production shows up till about 5 minutes before show time.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2024 at 8:17 AM, dides said:

I love a table so just dropping this on the 215 staterooms that now form part of the Sanctuary Collection:

Category

Name prior to October 14 2024

Sanctuary Collection Name

Total Number of
Staterooms

S9

Signature Suite

Signature Suite

S4

Penthouse Suite

Vista Suite

S2

Owner’s Suite

Grand Suite

S0

Sky Suite

Sky Suite

M1

Reserve Collection Mini-Suite

Sanctuary Mini-Suite

M2

Reserve Collection Mini-Suite

Sanctuary Mini-Suite

D0

Premium Deluxe Balcony

Sanctuary Balcony

Note sure of the dining destination for everyone but the Signature Restaurant has a capacity of 124 and the Reserve Collection Restaurant can cater for 180 guests at a time.

On 4/26/2024 at 7:49 AM, keldaria said:

Long term? Sure, short term all C1 and C2 cabins are grandfathered in to private dining based on their prior reserve status. Last I checked those were all sold out on my cruise next April (most cruses in general since a cabana mini-suite on the cabana deck plus reserve dining proved to be a popular combination) so in effect it will be more crowded until the grandfathered status works it way out of the bookings.

So  - the Reserve dining room was already crowded and now, until all of the grandfathered "Reserve "Cabana cabins end, it will have the  new 16 Sanctuary Balcony Cabins also eating there . We have several cruises on the Sun currently booked - some in "Sanctuary" Minis and some in Suites. In none of our sailings do I want to have a crowded dining room.

I can't see a good way out of the conundrum Princess has created.

Edited by chamima
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, chamima said:

So  - the Reserve dining room was already crowded and now, until all of the grandfathered "Reserve "Cabana cabins end, it will have the  new 16 Sanctuary Balcony Cabins also eating there . We have several cruises on the Sun currently booked - some in "Sanctuary" Minis and some in Suites. In none of our sailings do I want to have a crowded dining dining.

I can't see a good way out of the conundrum Princess has created.

Option to cancel?