Luggage delivery to FLL

misha1

Posted (edited)

Hello fellow cruisers...have not sailed out of Fort Lauderdale port in ages.  Do they offer luggage valet to airport such as Seattle Port?

Edited by misha1

• misha1 changed the title to Luggage delivery to FLL

When they first reinstated it after the restart it was for one ship only, the reason I mention this is that I'm not sure if it's yet available on EVERY sailing.  So if someone says "Yes, I used it last week!" it COULD be ship-specific.  Perhaps someone who knows for sure will post

I think that the OPP is asking about luggage valet from Fort Lauderdale and would be flying to Seattle. From Fort Lauderdale it is likely that you will have luggage valet. Unless it is the transatlantic arrival.  They have not set it up on that arrival yet. But on the subsequent Cruises, you it is likely that you would have. 

there are time restrictions and your flight cannot leave too early.

2 hours ago, misha1 said:

Hello fellow cruisers...have not sailed out of Fort Lauderdale port in ages.  Do they offer luggage valet to airport such as Seattle Port?

All of my Celebrity sailings over the past year debarking from FLL have offered luggage valet for most airlines provided the flight was after 12pm. Seattle has free luggage valet while the service in FLL has a charge. 

4 hours ago, misha1 said:

We sailed out of Fort Lauderdale on the Beyond in Feb.  We used the luggage valet service for our Alaska Flight to Portland OR on the return.  Our flight was late afternoon and it worked out perfect so we could just walk through Security.  Since we had a lot of time to stall we didn’t want to have to deal with luggage that Alaska will not allow you to check more than 4 hrs ahead of time.  All worked out perfect including a change of planes in Seattle. Luggage was waiting for us when we landed. 

Posted (edited)

This sample Celebrity Notice is for cruisers debarking Port of Miami.

image.thumb.jpeg.3b65c06f53e1dfe7b62a8e9fcbe44506.jpeg

The Celebrity Notice for cruisers debarking in Fort Lauderdale would advise that their flight must depart between 11:30am and 11:59pm.

The cost is $29 for up to 3 suitcases.  They will not be weighed.  You will receive different tags.  Put bags out by 10pm (they are VERY lenient about that time.  I put mine out around 11pm and kept checking until they were gone).  The next time you see your bags is at baggage claims in your home airport.  the last time I used it was on March 4th, 2024.  It was perfect.

Edited by Beba-Beba

We used it on the Reflection last week at FLL, flying Southwest (not a direct flight) back to Phoenix. It did cost $29 for two suitcases. It worked great and our luggage was almost the first to pop up at baggage claim. We had AirTags so we knew our luggage was on our flights.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your responses.  I did mean... is there port valet in Fort Lauderdale LIKE they have in Seattle.  It was an awesome service!  Gotta figure out how to sign up next

Edited by misha1

2 hours ago, misha1 said:

Thank you for your responses.  I did mean... is there port valet in Fort Lauderdale LIKE they have in Seattle.  It was an awesome service!  Gotta figure out how to sign up next

The fee is $29 per person in FLL plus any baggage fees charged by the airline.   You will get a paper which you complete and return to Guest Services. The fees are charged to your room and you can use your OBC. 

13 hours ago, keesar said:

The fee is $29 per person in FLL plus any baggage fees charged by the airline.   You will get a paper which you complete and return to Guest Services. The fees are charged to your room and you can use your OBC. 

I was able to sign up for this service (in Seattle) ahead of time.  It sounds like I do not need to put this on my to do list for FLL.  Thanks for the info.