Port Canaveral to MCO

I'm sorry, I misread the original question. And substituted Port  Everglades  (Fort Lauderdale) for Port Canaveral.

So, BrightLine would be of no use at all.

9 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

What is the earliest time you'd fly from Orlando on Embarkation day? How far is it to the Airport? Cab prices?

thanks in advance

I'll assume you mean fly out of MCO on disembarkation day. It takes typically 45 min to get from Port Canaveral to MCO.

A shared shuttle might be an option...many to choose from.

A flight around noon or a bit earlier should be no problem depending on what's available with the carrier you'll be using.

8 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

I'm sorry, I misread the original question. And substituted Port  Everglades  (Fort Lauderdale) for Port Canaveral.

So, BrightLine would be of no use at all.

No worries - I learned about the BrightLine today. I may use that some day

We used Cortrans shuttle from the cruise port to MCO (Orlando airport)

They picked us up at about 815am when we got off the ship and we were at the airport by 9 AM.

We just got off of Wonder and disembarkation was super easy.  We used Cruise Control Transportation for the roundtrip drive to/from MCO. Drive is 45 minutes to and hour.  Cruise Control has various morning departures from cruise terminal, but earliest is 8:00-8:15 am.  (you will have to do self disembark) But since it's a shared shuttle you will wait until all parties are on board the van.  It just so happened we all showed up at 7:45 and we then ended up being dropped off at airport at 8:30.  But then super long lines to check in at airline and then go through security. Wouldn't recommend anything flight before noon, but if you arrive earlier you can try for standby on earlier flight. Cost of shuttle was $25/person one way. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bluewater73 said:

We just got off of Wonder and disembarkation was super easy.  We used Cruise Control Transportation for the roundtrip drive to/from MCO. Drive is 45 minutes to and hour.  Cruise Control has various morning departures from cruise terminal, but earliest is 8:00-8:15 am.  (you will have to do self disembark) But since it's a shared shuttle you will wait until all parties are on board the van.  It just so happened we all showed up at 7:45 and we then ended up being dropped off at airport at 8:30.  But then super long lines to check in at airline and then go through security. Wouldn't recommend anything flight before noon, but if you arrive earlier you can try for standby on earlier flight. Cost of shuttle was $25/person one way. 

Our flight is 12:15 on a Friday, we too are using Cruise Control Private shuttle.  DO you think I should change that flight?  It's the Friday after Christmas.  Thank you for your input.

That's a tough one. On a normal cruise week, 12:15 would be fine.  I would not be concerned about Cruise Control schedule.  They seemed very professional and notify you of driver's arrival time. But if it's after Christmas, MCO will be super crazy with cruisers, Disney, Universal, holiday travel.  So airline check in will have long lines particularly Southwest.  And security could be a nightmare unless you have TSA pre or Clear travel. (We actually signed up for Clear Reserve, which is a free service that gets you through security quicker).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluewater73 said:

That's a tough one. On a normal cruise week, 12:15 would be fine.  I would not be concerned about Cruise Control schedule.  They seemed very professional and notify you of driver's arrival time. But if it's after Christmas, MCO will be super crazy with cruisers, Disney, Universal, holiday travel.  So airline check in will have long lines particularly Southwest.  And security could be a nightmare unless you have TSA pre or Clear travel. (We actually signed up for Clear Reserve, which is a free service that gets you through security quicker).

Thank you I will look into that

On 5/3/2024 at 3:08 PM, Allure18 said:

Our flight is 12:15 on a Friday, we too are using Cruise Control Private shuttle.  DO you think I should change that flight?  It's the Friday after Christmas.  Thank you for your input.

If you are using the private shuttle.. you should be fine, I would do self disembark though, and have them pick you up early, last year we were off the ship by 730am, used the private shuttle with cruise control and we were at the airport by 9-915am.