Royal Princess Questions

Posted (edited)

Asking for a friend…I told him that the cruise community here knows everything 😂

My friend is looking at the LA to Vancouver cruise on the Royal Princess. If you have sailed on her lately, what kind of shape is she in? Does anyone know when the Royal will be in dry dock? Also, do cabins C524 & C526 look like they are in a good location? I’m not sure what’s in the blank spaces. Thanks so much! 

ETA: They are looking at two different cruises. One cruise is on the Royal Princess and the other is on the Grand Princess. I said I was leaning towards the Royal Princess but wanted to ask questions here. Which would you choose? 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

I would say ok to the two cabins mentioned. There are cabins above and below and interior cabins directly across the hall. I don't know exactly what the blank areas are. Typically some space is housekeeping storage. 

Just now, skynight said:

I would say ok to the two cabins mentioned. There are cabins above and below and interior cabins directly across the hall. I don't know exactly what the blank areas are. Typically some space is housekeeping storage. 

Thank you. I also thought that those would be the best since they have cabins across from them. 

Posted (edited)

I was in C535 on my cruise in December which is in a similar position but on the Starboard side. We thought the cabin was in a great location. It was very quiet and we enjoyed being in the middle of the ship (five floors down to the Piazza and five floors up to the Lido deck) and were able to use the stairs to go down to the Theatre or Piazza and up to the Lido deck. We were also able to easily use the mid or aft elevators or stairs. Being mid aft we felt no movement of the ship. The guest laundry was nearby which was convenient. I thought that the ship was in great condition and did not notice any disrepair or worn areas.

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

I was in C535 on my cruise in December which is in a similar position but on the Starboard side. It was very quiet and we enjoyed being in the middle of the ship (five floors down to the Piazza and five floors up to the Lido deck) and were able to use the stairs to go down to the Theatre or Piazza and up to the Lido deck. We were also able to easily use the mid or aft elevators or stairs. Being mid aft we felt no movement of the ship. I thought that the ship was in great condition and did not notice any disrepair or worn areas.

Perfect, thank you!  I haven’t been on the Royal Princess in several years so I wasn’t sure. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ship is in good condition - not perfect, but good.  We sailed three times on her in the last 6 months for over 40 days.  Would choose the Royal over the Grand in a heartbeat if the price was close.  We just got off the Enchanted and it has more "spit and polish" or newness to it than the Royal.  The Royal is just a little worn in places but otherwise fine.

No idea on your cabin selection.

Edited by Mud_Shark
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dog said:

Royal was great in September. Would not choose Grand- older ship.

We are the opposite. We order the Grand class ships. Royal class too many people and the piazza is the noisiest thing on the 7 seas

• Thanks 1

Where are you going?  If Alaska I would take the Crown... because it goes through the inside narrows to Vancouver that the Royal can't go through.  I spent 21 days on the Crown last summer and I was on the Royal in April.  I like the smaller ship vibe a lot better, but I also had a great time on the Royal. I will be on the Royal to Alaska in a few days, but it had to do more with the dates that I have to be places this summer and being able to stay in 1 room for back to back sailings.  If you are talking about doing any tender ports.... Crown is also much better, the lines for the tender in Port Aurthur and Kangaroo Islands were hours long (Australia).  I plan to be back on the Crown next Chinese New Year... 

• 2 weeks later...