Queen Anne Cabin Reviews

11 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Does this help?

Have any of these vloggers ventured into the cheap seats of the insides and ocean views?

3 minutes ago, RJChatsworth said:

Thanks buchanan101.  That’s great and just what I wanted to see. The grills look wonderful as does deck area and lounge.

I did notice she said you could have lunch on the Grills Terrace. If that works, it will make up for the demise of the courtyard.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Have any of these vloggers ventured into the cheap seats of the insides and ocean views?

Britannia Club is the lowest they've got. So they've covered maybe 25% to 30% tops of all cabins...

• Thanks 1

Curious how much better Princess Grill at least appears... in size, space (including between tables) and general sense of occasion that Queen's Grill.. Even the chairs are far more suitable (with arms.. hurray!) than those c. 1958 Italian bedroom chairs in the QG.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Paul and Carole have done a piece on YouTube of an inside cabin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Britannia Club is the lowest they've got. So they've covered maybe 25% to 30% tops of all cabins...

Well, aren’t the Britannia Club the same as other balcony cabins?

• Like 1

Just now, exlondoner said:

Chris Frame has done a vlog of a Britannia balcony. 

Just now, exlondoner said:

No, you get a coffee machine... and I suspect the trim may be a bit different... though probably a lot closer than BC>PG>QG

Just now, buchanan101 said:

No, you get a coffee machine... and I suspect the trim may be a bit different... though probably a lot closer than BC>PG>QG

But the layout is the same. A coffee machine is neither here nor there, except its absence creates a little more space to put things down.

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

But the layout is the same. A coffee machine is neither here nor there, except its absence creates a little more space to put things down.

Layout same, trim may be a bit different, and bathroom may be slightly lower spec (but I assume no shower curtain)

3 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Layout same, trim may be a bit different, and bathroom may be slightly lower spec (but I assume no shower curtain)

It would be difficult to think of anything more calculated to annoy the bulk of the passengers than fitting a shower curtain in the grades below club. 😀 Perhaps issuing them with oars, but even then I’m not sure.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

It would be difficult to think of anything more calculated to annoy the bulk of the passengers than fitting a shower curtain in the grades below club. 😀 Perhaps issuing them with oars, but even then I’m not sure.

Got to differentiate somehow...

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, TowandaUK said:

Paul and Carole have done a piece on YouTube of an inside cabin. 

That looks absolutely tiny and yet the measurements state it is slightly bigger than an inside on P&O's Arvia.  Could be the colours making it look so much smaller but there is a marked difference in size with the other queens as well.

Just noticed the tv is to the left on the wall not in front of the bed which has the mirror.  To me its inferior to Arvia's as the dressing table mirror is against the wall and the tv opposite the bed above the fridge. 

I personally disliked Arvia but her inside cabin seems a much better design with more thought.  Disappointed.

Edited by Megabear2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Megabear this link may help of an inside.

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Looking at the inside there wouldn't be much room for the oars, but they do get the nice shower!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

Megabear this link may help of an inside.

Looks a bit tight either side of the bed, first impression ( from the video) it is not as wide as the insides on QE or QV. but same bathrooms as the balcony cabins so a big plus there, will need to wait a couple of weeks to see one in real life

1 hour ago, Poole Boy said:

Looks a bit tight either side of the bed, first impression ( from the video) it is not as wide as the insides on QE or QV. but same bathrooms as the balcony cabins so a big plus there, will need to wait a couple of weeks to see one in real life

Having seen it - I'm in a deck 7 inside just along from the one in the video - I've placed an upgrade bid in the hope that I'm lucky, I was prompted this morning I still coukd do so. The bathroom is nice but the placement of the television is the deal breaker for me. Being on the side wall rather than the wall opposite the bed seems rather silly and I can also envisage possible noise issues through the wall.

I'm not loving the PG cabin. It doesn't look much different from Club. Same balcony and same balcony furniture. The room is a little longer, but I'd like to see what the closets are like. And the sink in the bathroom is ridiculous--I just know that's going to be splashy. Shower appears to be a nice size and I think I saw a wand as well as an overhead shower, so something positive there.  

What's with that wallpaper around the mirror? Looks like '60s pop art!

Supposedly people disliked the wedge-shaped cabinet that divided the two parts of the PG room on the Vistas, but I did like it. Even a little separation between living area and sleeping area is nice and it broke up the visual of the very long space.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm not loving the PG cabin. It doesn't look much different from Club. Same balcony and same balcony furniture. The room is a little longer, but I'd like to see what the closets are like. And the sink in the bathroom is ridiculous--I just know that's going to be splashy. Shower appears to be a nice size and I think I saw a wand as well as an overhead shower, so something positive there.  

Supposedly people disliked the wedge-shaped cabinet that divided the two parts of the PG room on the Vistas, but I did like it. Even a little separation between living area and sleeping area is nice and it broke up the visual of the very long space.

Totally disagree, I’m afraid. I loathed that wedge shaped fixture as it stopped me seeing the sea, or anything much outside, when lying in bed. And I thought it just made the room seem even narrower which of course it was. If two fairly fat people met at that point, they would have become wedged. I thought the new version seemed much nicer, though it’s obviously oblong not square.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Looks better than I expected actually. The loungers on the balcony are a grade or two up from the ones in the BC videos, though it's the same size balcony, but at least they are reasonably deep. The bathroom sink is typical hotel fare now and is supposed to be a the next step up from the inbuilt ones in the Britannias. I quite like it - lookwise anyway. I'd prefer a rainfall shower but I doubt any cruise lines use them due to ater consumption and headroom.

I guess the closets are very similar to Britannias given similar dimensions; as long as I can put stuff away I am not too bothered, though a lot of the VLOGS seem to focus on storage -key for longer voyages I guess

Prefer the QG look, but on the fjords voyage I'm saving £2k and going PG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Totally disagree, I’m afraid. I loathed that wedge shaped fixture as it stopped me seeing the sea, or anything much outside, when lying in bed. And I thought it just made the room seem even narrower which of course it was. If two fairly fat people met at that point, they would have become wedged. I thought the new version seemed much nicer, though it’s obviously oblong not square.

Sorry, I’m being very stupid. It wasn’t the wedge that stopped you seeing the sea, but other furniture.