Guarantee Aqua or pick your own cabin Veranda?

Which would be better? I can pick my own cabin regular Veranda or take a guarantee Aqua class. Biggest worry is noise. I usually pick aft cabins but have been in forward. Motion doesn't seem to bother us. 

Ship is the Celebrity Reflection. The spa doesn't have a hydro pool so we probably won't use it as much as we did the spa on Princess.

Posted (edited)

It's really just a matter of your preference, if any, for the Aqua class benefits, as they are a distinct category from the standard Veranda category, and the price differential between the Veranda and the Aqua GTY.

If you choose the Aqua GTY and are not happy with the assignment, just contact whomever you booked through and request a location change.  As long as there are available staterooms in the assigned sub-category they will move you to a new location if you want.  That should help mitigate any location risk with the GTY.

On Reflection deck 12 would be the only deck where noise could be a potential concern with the pool deck above it.  But there are only a handful of Aqua class staterooms on that deck.  Anywhere on deck 11 would be fine.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, avic77 said:

Which would be better? I can pick my own cabin regular Veranda or take a guarantee Aqua class. Biggest worry is noise. I usually pick aft cabins but have been in forward. Motion doesn't seem to bother us. 

Ship is the Celebrity Reflection. The spa doesn't have a hydro pool so we probably won't use it as much as we did the spa on Princess.

There are many cabins on Deck 11 that I would avoid. I am sensitive to noise.   Would you be happy under a gym? Under an aerobics room?  Not for me.   I would  choose a room rather than risk being under one of those areas.  

15 minutes ago, keesar said:

There are many cabins on Deck 11 that I would avoid. I am sensitive to noise.   Would you be happy under a gym? Under an aerobics room?  Not for me.   I would  choose a room rather than risk being under one of those areas.  

You are correct that the forward staterooms on deck 11 are under the spa and fitness center.  I neglected to consider those.  Fortunately the greatest risk for any noise in that area would be primarily in the day.

But the option to move to an aft A2 if assigned there if available would still exist.

I would pick my own cabin, unless you love taking risks and know in your heart that it will be okay...🤷‍♀️

I have tried to upgrade with a GTY Concierge cabin, paying the difference, but Celebrity said that cabin on the deck plan is not available.  Even speaking with a supervisor, the cabin was showing available, yet not for me to book.  I was told it was all about revenue.  Well, isn’t everything?  I would rather be safe than sorry, knowing what I am getting.  when you give Celebrity the reins, you give up all control!

On 5/1/2024 at 7:28 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

You are correct that the forward staterooms on deck 11 are under the spa and fitness center.  ...  Fortunately the greatest risk for any noise in that area would be primarily in the day.

The fitness center is often very active early in the morning.

On 5/1/2024 at 8:53 PM, avic77 said:

My suggestion for what it is worth.  Check out the availability of cabins in the Guarantee Aqua class category.  If there are plenty of cabins available, then I would probably consider going for a Guarantee. You will more than likely be able to change your assigned location.  However, if there are very few available, I would choose my own location in the Veranda category.  

If the price is the same, I’d go for the Aqua guarantee and hope for the best on location.  Having breakfasts and dinners in Blu makes it a whole different experience than a Veranda cabin.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2024 at 8:53 PM, avic77 said:

I assume you realize there are different dining room for Aqua.

On 5/2/2024 at 1:53 AM, avic77 said:

for us the regular balcony every time.

Aqua has no appeal for 2 main reasons:

1) the cabin locations. We like central locations ideally on Deck 7 and no higher than 8. 

2) the dining. One of the highlights of every cruise is sharing tables in the MDR every night - we eat at a table for 2 every night at home. We always book Anytime Dining pre booked for 6.30 and share a table of 6.

Posted (edited)

We took a chance on a guaranteed suite and saved $400. It was worth the risk to us.  We were immediately assigned a magic carpet suite, on a floor above some restaurants. 

While this might not have been the room we would have chosen, it was better than being assigned a room beneath the swimming pool, which was our greatest concern. 

I have read that the aqua classrooms can be some of the least desired rooms on the ship, and they compensate for that with the aqua class perks. In that regard, it may be riskier than taking a guarantee of other classes. That said, we absolutely loved dinner in Blu and we enjoyed the spa area with the heated stone chairs as well.

Edited by OrtonPark