Bon voyage liquor gift to me

Yes, but it is not cheap and you can pack or pick up a bottle(s) of whatever you like and bring it aboard with you at Embarkation. Oceania allows this for its guests as compared to other lines. You will hear from others I am sure who bring favorites along, cases of wine, etc.

Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

Thank you for the advice. I see they have my preferred single malt scotch at a not too elevated price. 125$ for them compared to 80$ here at my local emporium. It is not always carried by every store elsewhere and having it in the cabin without my effort in Stockholm, in this case, could be useful. The convenience has value. Plus the unknown price in Sweden, likely between the price of it here and that of Oceana.

Boarding and discovering it was not available (or something) would be a bitter taste to begin the cruise.

1 minute ago, tarhoosier said:

Thank you for the advice. I see they have my preferred single malt scotch at a not too elevated price. 125$ for them compared to 80$ here at my local emporium. It is not always carried by every store elsewhere and having it in the cabin without my effort in Stockholm, in this case, could be useful. The convenience has value. Plus the unknown price in Sweden, likely between the price of it here and that of Oceana.

Boarding and discovering it was not available (or something) would be a bitter taste to begin the cruise.

It's possible that if Sweden is your final stop and your flight is non-stop-they may have it at duty free shop----or something better at the higher price you might enjoy.

27 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

It's possible that if Sweden is your final stop and your flight is non-stop-they may have it at duty free shop----or something better at the higher price you might enjoy.

I believe they embark in Stockholm and they would like it to enjoy while on their cruise. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, we have packed any and all bottles.  So if you want to be absolutely certain you can have a preferred bottle of Single Malt available, order a Bon Voyage gift as well. Double your pleasure, double your fun. 🥃👍❤️
ENJOY!
Mauibabes

I have used the Bon Voyage gift in the past when I could steal Balvenie 21 for $125 a bottle when it was over $250 retail. Got away with it for a few cruises then they figured out their mistake. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you are only taking about one or two bottles, they sell special zip lock padded bottle carriers to be packed in your suitcase.  Doesn't really take up much room and really leak proof if they break.

We done this on the way home-never had a problem.

• Like 1

If embarking in Stockholm you can check out location (map provided) on their site and prices

on their site System Bolaget. It may be easier if yoy change language to English!

On 5/2/2024 at 4:09 PM, ronrick1943 said:

I also like this suggestion. You would purchase the alcohol in the duty-free shop in the airport of your last connection before arriving in Stockholm.

I have been told that the Nordic countries have very high taxes on alcohol, so it might be a good idea to avoid buying your preferred drink in Stockholm before boarding.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I also like this suggestion. You would purchase the alcohol in the duty-free shop in the airport of your last connection before arriving in Stockholm.

I have been told that the Nordic countries have very high taxes on alcohol, so it might be a good idea to avoid buying your preferred drink in Stockholm before boarding.

Enjoy your cruise!

Buying any alcoholic beverages in the Nordic countries , including Denmark, is outrageously expensive due to taxes. You bring what you may want or buy from the ship. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Correct.  There are some airports where you can do a connection with liquids in a STEB (Security Tamper-Evident Bag), and others that do not accept them.  Do some research so you can find out what is applicable for your itinerary.

15 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Absolutely.  Iceland is another country where there is a huge business at the duty-free on arrivals store.  ALL of the locals stop there before leaving the customs area.  And every visitor should as well.

To the best of my knowledge, Stockholm (ARN) does not have DF on arrival, but I am open to being corrected.

Edited by FlyerTalker
  • Like 1