Grand Suite Anthem of Seas

Hi

We are first time Royal Caribbean cruisers and wanted to understand what suite perks are part of being in a Grand Suite on Anthem of the Seas?

Does the lounge admit Grand suite guests and does it serve alcohol through the day? Just trying to weigh up drinks package options and suite perks.

Thank you all in advance 

Hello,

In the Concierge Club/Suite Lounge, tea and coffee are available throughout the day, temperament of the coffee machine permitting. Drinks are usually served from 17:00 - 20:00. The 20:00 is more 'fixed' than the 17:00 - if they are ready earlier then they will serve earlier. Suite grade doesn't come with a drinks package so you can't drink anywhere else 'on the house' (unless you are going to a 'presentation' and some cheap swill is offered to you as you enter).

Regards,

Cublet

Perfect, thank you for such a prompt response.

Is soft drink and water available in the lounge through the day with the tea and coffee?

Thank you

Wow another reason I will not sail on the Anthem.  The Oasis class ships have a wonderful dedicated suite lounge.  Free alcoholic drinks typically avaliable from 5:30 -8:00 each night with nice canapés-  During the day, from 11 until ? you can get unlimited wine, beer , soda and bottled water- in addition to coffee and tea.  Grand suites and above can enjoy the lounge.

Plus I am not a fan of the ships layout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chan50 said:

Is soft drink and water available in the lounge through the day with the tea and coffee?

Thank you

Hello,

No soft drinks. Water may be available from a glass water dispenser - but a great emphasis on the word 'may' as one is not regularly there.

Regards,

Cublet

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chan50 said:

Thank you

Unlike the Oasis class, the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen are not in the same space. They are actually on two separate floors, not even near each other. Also on Oasis there is an actual bar in the suite lounge. On Anthem there is no bar in the lounge. They get the drinks from somewhere behind closed doors. The only time drinks other than the coffee machine are available is during happy hour. 

Edited by RosieRoo

Just off the Anthem in the 2 Bed GS. The suite lounge only has coffee during the day (water from a handwashing sink). Otherwise, it offers Continental Breakfast 7am - 10am and Evening Drinks and Canapes from 5pm-8pm. The current concierge is Lorena (leaves in Sept) who was always around in the lounge in the evening and is super friendly and will do what ever she can for you.

I hope you have a great cruise.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2024 at 3:52 AM, Chan50 said:

Hi

We are first time Royal Caribbean cruisers and wanted to understand what suite perks are part of being in a Grand Suite on Anthem of the Seas?

Does the lounge admit Grand suite guests and does it serve alcohol through the day? Just trying to weigh up drinks package options and suite perks.

Thank you all in advance 

Did you read the Suite FAQ on RC?

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 3:52 AM, Chan50 said:

Hi

Thank you all in advance 

We were in a Grand Suite on Anthem and while, no, they don't serve alcohol all day long, you can get drinks during lunch at CK and of course all evening in the suite lounge and CK.  We were fine with that plus our D+ free drinks.  

• Like 1

The suite lounge on the Anthem is gorgeous.  True, there is no bar, but it is spacious with massive windows, comfortable seating, and private bathrooms.  I am indifferent to an open bar all day since, but as Gracie115 mentioned, DW and I have 5 drink vouchers each.  Besides, the happy hour drinks you'll enjoy will not be applied to your free vouchers.  My last cruise on the Anthem was just this past December/January and we were able to get our premium scotch (Johnnie Black) during happy hour.

Another thing I always liked about the Anthem's Suite Lounge is that it is "hidden" in the very back of the ship on deck 12.  A disadvantage for some because of the distance to the elevators, but I like the longer walk and the fact that it is not in a location that might attract crowds passing by.21692956-BDA9-47AD-827E-4FDCA1FC62C3_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.85eacbd1330193884c0fef9a10ee493f.jpeg

I am not a fan of the layout of the GS on the Quantum class ships.  The "TV wall" divides the room horribly and it seems particularly cramped, IMO.  I am also not a fan of the bathroom layout. While I do think the Suites Lounges on the Q class are lovely, they are so inconvenient that I almost never use them and the fact that they only offer complimentary sodas, beer and wine during happy hour is the final insult.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I am not a fan of the layout of the GS on the Quantum class ships.  The "TV wall" divides the room horribly and it seems particularly cramped, IMO.  I am also not a fan of the bathroom layout. While I do think the Suites Lounges on the Q class are lovely, they are so inconvenient that I almost never use them and the fact that they only offer complimentary sodas, beer and wine during happy hour is the final insult.

They offer regular drinks during happy hour.  

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 11:03 AM, RosieRoo said:

Unlike the Oasis class, the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen are not in the same space. They are actually on two separate floors, not even near each other. Also on Oasis there is an actual bar in the suite lounge. On Anthem there is no bar in the lounge. They get the drinks from somewhere behind closed doors. The only time drinks other than the coffee machine are available is during happy hour. 

We were recently on the Icon.  The suite lounge  and coastal kitchen were a disappointment.  They were  small and very dark- nothing like the suite lounges on the Oasis class ships.  It doesn't have a sea view- but a view of the new indoor aqua theatre- not at all comfortable and inviting.  A big negative for that ship IMO However the suite sun deck was nice- offering food a, bar and hot tub.  Also negative not enough shady spaces for those of us who don't want skin CA

• Thanks 1