Joy Vibe Cabanas

Does anyone have any update on the vibe cabanas on the Joy?    I still cannot find a solid answer on the procedure of securing them and they still cannot be reserved beforehand as on the other ships.   

Are you sure they're for rent and not a first come first served type of thing? The ones in the Haven are not reservable. If it's open, use it. When you're done, move your stuff so someone else can use it.

image.thumb.png.785d53423a5f8baab00d20f33bc6cb63.png

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Are you sure they're for rent and not a first come first served type of thing? The ones in the Haven are not reservable. If it's open, use it. When you're done, move your stuff so someone else can use it.

image.thumb.png.785d53423a5f8baab00d20f33bc6cb63.png

Yes, the ones in the Haven are first come, first serve, but it would surprise me that they would not want to be charging the additional amount for the cabanas as they do on the other ships.

Seems like a lost opportunity for more revenue and we all know how they are looking for ways to get that extra money!

Edited by vacation44
More information

Posted (edited)

Never seen those Vibe Cabanas for "rent".  I think it's first come, first served.

And, you'll stick out like a sore thumb if you try to "CHOG" them.  Be easy to remove someone's "stuff" if it sits there for 30 minutes or so.

Edited by graphicguy

11 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Never seen those Vibe Cabanas for "rent".  I think it's first come, first served.

And, you'll stick out like a sore thumb if you try to "CHOG" them.  Be easy to remove someone's "stuff" if it sits there for 30 minutes or so.

The Vibe Cabanas are now reserved beforehand like the Vibe passes.   We had one this past February on the Encore which we reserved when they started preselling the Vibe passes in July 2022.   We also have one reserved for our February 2025 cruise on the Viva.   Before the presell days, you also raced on board to reserve one for the duration of your cruise

The Joy procedure is different right now because they are new to the Joy Vibe. 

And I did not say I was going to CHOG them, I said I wanted to reserve them as the procedure on all of the other ships.

• Thanks 1

It’s frustrating to say the least; one should not have to dedicate the time and stress to get this sorted. Seems pretty easy, you have a thing that I want. I want to give you money for this. Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
 Just be consistent is all we are asking. There is no other ship with vibe cabanas that operate this way. Clearly there are people who are willing to pay extra, then extra again, for their own designated sanctuary.

<hyperbole> Is it the biggest deal in the history of the world? Yes. </hyperbole>

is this a big deal for my cruise? Also yes.

Didn't say anyone was going to HOG them, just said it would be very noticeable if someone did so.

Haven't been on the Joy (leaving next month).  But, on my last NCL cruise (Prima), it was first come, first served.

If the Joy's can't be reserved beforehand, I would bet it's first come, first served.

22 minutes ago, JamesIowa said:

It’s frustrating to say the least; one should not have to dedicate the time and stress to get this sorted. Seems pretty easy, you have a thing that I want. I want to give you money for this. Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
 Just be consistent is all we are asking. There is no other ship with vibe cabanas that operate this way. Clearly there are people who are willing to pay extra, then extra again, for their own designated sanctuary.

<hyperbole> Is it the biggest deal in the history of the world? Yes. </hyperbole>

is this a big deal for my cruise? Also yes.

Thank you for understanding and I agree 100%.   

As I mentioned earlier, this past February we had one and it was the first time we reserved one instead of the regular Vibe passes.   We enjoyed it and used it more than we thought we would.   

Posted (edited)

cabana rentals (including vibe passes for passengers 1 and 2) are available for pre-booking at T minus 365 days. at least they are supposed to be. i strongly believe that the joy, due to increased capacity after dry dock, still has a few hiccups to work out with both regular vibe passes and cabana rentals.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

But, on my last NCL cruise (Prima), it was first come, first served.

cabana rentals are not available on the prima at all. the prima is unique in that regard; i have no idea why.

14 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Are all the cabanas on the new, top level of the Joy Vibe?

no, some are located on the lower level, too.

Edited by UKstages
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@vacation44 good news! I called my PCC and she said she was able to add a cabana to my res on joy in Nov. Interesting though it’s listed on confirmation as $699 but on last 15 day cruise it was $749. 

IMG_0430.jpeg

Edited by JamesIowa

I don’t understand why people don’t just call when they can’t figure out how ( or if it’s impossible) to do something online, instead of complaining. 

Posted (edited)

I'm hoping by calling, it'll work for you! I do see online that Joy Vibe Cabana's should be bookable now at a cost of $599 (7 days) which is for guests one and two. If you have more (I think you're traveling with more family) in the stateroom, you'll need to also purchase a Vibe pass for them. 

Good luck! I hope it works for you as I know Vibe makes your vacation complete!

EDIT: Vibe is bookable for sailings through 12/31/2025 which I think will work for you. But, in case you're trying to score 2026 Vibe Cabana, patience!

Edited by cruiseny4life

23 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I don’t understand why people don’t just call when they can’t figure out how ( or if it’s impossible) to do something online, instead of complaining. 

Call when? Daily? This is something they said would be offered months ago, yet released no information. Many of us have been checking multiple times per day for months. We have been calling our PCCs frequently and being told no one knows. 
Thanks for weighing in tho.

never attribute to animosity that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I have been calling continuously and emailing my PCC.  Do you actually think going to CC would be my first line of trying to find out.    But thanks anyway for your snarky comment.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'm hoping by calling, it'll work for you! I do see online that Joy Vibe Cabana's should be bookable now at a cost of $599 (7 days) which is for guests one and two. If you have more (I think you're traveling with more family) in the stateroom, you'll need to also purchase a Vibe pass for them. 

Good luck! I hope it works for you as I know Vibe makes your vacation complete!

EDIT: Vibe is bookable for sailings through 12/31/2025 which I think will work for you. But, in case you're trying to score 2026 Vibe Cabana, patience!

No dice for me yet.  My PCC told me that they opened up the Vibe cabanas for dates in the future, but not for the ones in the coming weeks and we are on the June 2nd sailing.     He reassured me, once again, that he does check daily.   He is going to speak with his Supervisor for advice.   

And yes, this trip we are traveling with our young adult children, their significant others and extended family.   We all have had our Vibe passes since July 2022!

Thank you for touching base with me the information you were able to obtain and yes, we will not cruise on a larger ship without the Vibe passes!

14 minutes ago, JamesIowa said:

Call when? Daily? This is something they said would be offered months ago, yet released no information. Many of us have been checking multiple times per day for months. We have been calling our PCCs frequently and being told no one knows. 
Thanks for weighing in tho.

never attribute to animosity that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.

1 hour ago, JamesIowa said:

@vacation44 good news! I called my PCC and she said she was able to add a cabana to my res on joy in Nov. Interesting though it’s listed on confirmation as $699 but on last 15 day cruise it was $749. 

IMG_0430.jpeg

Thanks again for the heads up and I am happy that you were able to reserve the cabana for your cruise.

As mentioned right above, they did not release any for my June 2024 cruise or any other June cruise.    Hopefully, my PCC will come up with a solution or advise me what to do upon boarding.   

24 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

No dice for me yet.  My PCC told me that they opened up the Vibe cabanas for dates in the future, but not for the ones in the coming weeks and we are on the June 2nd sailing.     He reassured me, once again, that he does check daily.   He is going to speak with his Supervisor for advice.   

And yes, this trip we are traveling with our young adult children, their significant others and extended family.   We all have had our Vibe passes since July 2022!

Thank you for touching base with me the information you were able to obtain and yes, we will not cruise on a larger ship without the Vibe passes!

Well that's just silly!! Here's hoping you actually get access to Vibe Cabanas shortly!

Just now, cruiseny4life said:

Well that's just silly!! Here's hoping you actually get access to Vibe Cabanas shortly!

Thank you!   Will still be following up on it daily.   I just hope it is not going to be like the old days of having to run to guest services to get the Vibe passes!  

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

@vacation44 you may recall that over on our June 2 roll call thread I was talking about my friends who couldn't score regular Vibe passes b/c they were sold out....well about a month ago they called the regular NCL customer service and were able to get into the Vibe via the cabana route.  So, I'm not clear what's going on.  Maybe the cabanas are sold out for our sailing?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, vacation44 said:

I just hope it is not going to be like the old days of having to run to guest services to get the Vibe passes!  

i can't specifically say about the cabanas. i still think that's an inventory management thing related to the recent joy dry dock and NCL's inability to load increased capacity into the system for cruises in the first part of this year. but that's just a guess.

i can only tell you that on my most recent trip on the joy last october (2023), they were selling vibe passes, lots of them, on embarkation day. that was before the dry dock and the increased capacity.

i don't know if the cabanas are sold out for 6/2, but if they have any, my best guess is that they will indeed be available on embarkation day. they most likely will not be at guest services, but at a table set up outside of teppanyaki. that's where vibe passes were sold on embarkation day back in october.

i'll see you there! 

just last week, i booked a back-to-back on the joy for the 5/26 and 6/2 sailings.

while i had no problem getting a cabin (through CAS), most of my preferred cabin choices (high decks, no connecting doors)  were taken and, of course, the vibe is "sold out" for online sales and prime restaurant times are all gone.

so i will be doing the nostalgic mad dash myself.

(i read an article recently on the points guy website about how cruises are selling out this year and how nearly nine out of ten cabins are already booked. there is only about 12% of inventory left for all of 2024 across many cruise lines. that explains a lot.)

Edited by UKstages