Embarking with 16oz cans of Monster energy

I know the cruise contract describes a "small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages" as a maximum of 12x 12oz cans.  I was wondering if they would give me a problem if I brought on 6x 16oz cans of Monster energy drink instead? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neonsport said:

I know the cruise contract describes a "small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages" as a maximum of 12x 12oz cans.  I was wondering if they would give me a problem if I brought on 6x 16oz cans of Monster energy drink instead? 

It's hit or miss depending on the port and who is doing the screening and their mood/whim on any particular day. 

But if it does get confiscated please don't come back here complaining, even if someone on here tells you it's allowed, because you were aware of the rule and the possibility that it could get confiscated. 

• Like 13

If you have the drink package they have energy drinks on board.  I "buy" a couple each day to start the next morning.

It truly depends on the port and agent working that day.

On our last trip via Port Canaveral my 17 year old daughter walked on board with 3 plastic bottles of purified water (one open) and 3 plastic bottles of Arizona Tea (one opened) in her backpack.

I had no idea, when we got to the room she started pulling them out. I asked how she got them through and she said, I walked.

She said the agent asked about them and she said “I don’t like Spring Water, you can ask my Dad up there and pointed to me.” The agent said me neither and sent her through.

It’s truly luck of the draw. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I take a few Monsters with me on every cruise I go on, no one has every said a word about them, they never really look, I don't think they care.

The energy drinks they have onboard the ships are Celsius. I'm not really a fan of any of the flavors they offer onboard, so I bring Monster with me.

Not sure if you know that Monster does sell some of their flavors in 12oz cans. I drink Ultra in the White can, They sell that one in 12 oz cans for sure and I believe the original as well. I can usually find them in the grocery store in a 6 pack box.

• Like 1

Out of Long Beach and Seattle we have brought on Monster and Starbucks Double Shot, both in 16 oz cans, without issue.  My father likes to have one each per day so it was a mix and match of six each.

We have taken Monster Energy cans (usually take 2, 4packs for my wife) on every cruise we have been on with no trouble.  Sailing out of Port Canaveral, Miami, Port Everglades, and Seattle.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

In Seattle, can are not a problem, plastic bottles are a no-no.

No flowers are allowed either.

I would think this is cruiseline specific, not city specific. Carnival says cans only. Rcl says cans or bottles up to 17 oz and same terminal workers screen both. 

I remember when carnival changed to cans only. I think there were too many trying to smuggle and they just said no more. And also smaller coolers. People were getting crazy 10 years ago or whenever with ideas how to smuggle.

Edited by firefly333
  • Haha 1