Ventura - level 3?

Hi, we are currently onboard ventura and from announcements made by the captain we know they have had a few cases of gastroenteritis on board. 

Now yesterday I went to the launderette and put in washing, on my return the door was locked. The steward told me this was due to technical issues. 

Last night the launderette was still locked and I rang reception who said they been shut since departure (definitely haven't as I've ironed my partners shirt in there) as we are at level 3. 

Does anyone know what level 3 is, sounds a bit serious. 

@Megjake Welcome to CC ,hope your cruise goes well and your free from

any Gastro bugs .

May I suggest ,as your on the ship ,when passing the reception to ask 

them "What they meant by level 3 " ?   

They could explain what all the levels mean and actions taken due to them .

Have a good cruise take care .

• Like 1

Hi, thank you. I did ask last night but the fella on reception was a bit cagey. Said it was the captains decision and didn't want to elaborate. It did amuse me that they  took our washing prisoner! 

We're not worried about noro, just nosey. 

• Like 2

I have got visions of you talking to a receptionist who has a German accent .🙂

You ..."  Can you tell me where my laundry is ? "   

Reception   "   Your washing is under a vest "🙃😅

Have a great cruise -Take care .

• Haha 11

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

I have got visions of you talking to a receptionist who has a German accent .🙂

You ..."  Can you tell me where my laundry is ? "   

Reception   "   Your washing is under a vest "🙃😅

Have a great cruise -Take care .

I did find it funny, maybe because none of my clothes were in there. I did think my other half may have a rather limited choice of wardrobe for the rest of the cruise 🤣.

This is our first time on ventura, only ever been on arvia and iona. We weren't sure what to expect but it's been great so far. Just docked in vigo and watched sky princess sail past whilst eating our breakfast on the balcony 😀 

• Like 8

There are various levels of public health precautions that can be taken to stop contagious illnesses spreading.

Sone involve closing laundrettes as shared facilities, some involved the buffets being served or even closed, some involve quarantine procedures etc.

There is a scale, which I’m not sharing, which sets out what changes need to be made. Thus level is not normally publicised but it’s fair to say the ship is following a protocol and not just making random changes.

The fact this is being used show you that the ship are paying attention to the health and wellbeing of everyone on board.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Megjake said:

I did find it funny, maybe because none of my clothes were in there. I did think my other half may have a rather limited choice of wardrobe for the rest of the cruise 🤣.

This is our first time on ventura, only ever been on arvia and iona. We weren't sure what to expect but it's been great so far. Just docked in vigo and watched sky princess sail past whilst eating our breakfast on the balcony 😀 

We are on Sky Princess, so please keep any gastro bugs to yourselves!!!!😇😎

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We are on Sky Princess, so please keep any gastro bugs to yourselves!!!!😇😎

Avoid the p&o-ers! Fantastic looking ship that sky princess, we were very excited as we're on her later in the year. 

50 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

There are various levels of public health precautions that can be taken to stop contagious illnesses spreading.

Sone involve closing laundrettes as shared facilities, some involved the buffets being served or even closed, some involve quarantine procedures etc.

There is a scale, which I’m not sharing, which sets out what changes need to be made. Thus level is not normally publicised but it’s fair to say the ship is following a protocol and not just making random changes.

The fact this is being used show you that the ship are paying attention to the health and wellbeing of everyone on board.

I'm straight on Google to try and find that scale 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

I think Noro is always everywhere, it's just that it gets noticed(and reported) more when on a cruise.

I wonder what the "level" was on the Saga ship (Adventure) last December - they removed pretty much everything touchable that could be removed, what was left was scrubbed almost continuously.

No hard covers on any menus, all single use paper sheets.

Salt&pepper grinders on tables replaced by single-use sachets.

No books, no launderette,no games - even the shop was closed.

Enforced hand washing (not gel - soap and water washing) every restaurant, even on return to ship. Tour coaches/shuttle bus fumigated each trip (drivers looked a bit startled).

I was quite sanguine about it all until I realised the ping-pong table was also folded up and put away. 😢

(I understand the next cruise was fine, no problems - so obviously it all worked.

I think you're right. I mentioned it to my friend who used to work on cruise shops that we'd had an email about stomach bugs before we went away. She was totally unphased and said noro is always onboard. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Megjake said:

Kalos will reply soon wondering during why sky Princess was eating your breakfast.🤣.

Ps. Undercrackers.   Yep..predictive let me get away with it this time. Having second thoughts about joining cc yet ?.😂

Edited by zap99

2 hours ago, david63 said:

Sister ship to Britannia

Only on the outside, inside the public decks are totally different and far more cruise shippy, rather Britannias John Lewis look.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Only on the outside, inside the public decks are totally different and far more cruise shippy, rather Britannias John Lewis look.

I agree about the decor but the public areas are basically the same layout with speciality restaurants in the same location on both ships and other venues in the same location.

Personally I prefer the layout of Sky over Britannia.

• 2 weeks later...

A newspaper reported yesterday that there are 150 people confined to cabins due to norovirus, another 250 infected and some staff are threatening to leave unless P&O cancel the next cruise and do a proper deep clean.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/po-ventura-cruise-ship-lockdown-32836668#google_vignette

The situation does sound pretty horrendous and it sounds like lots of the crew are suffering. I hope everyone makes a speedy recovery.

15 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

A newspaper reported yesterday that there are 150 people confined to cabins due to norovirus, another 250 infected and some staff are threatening to leave unless P&O cancel the next cruise and do a proper deep clean.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/po-ventura-cruise-ship-lockdown-32836668#google_vignette

The situation does sound pretty horrendous and it sounds like lots of the crew are suffering. I hope everyone makes a speedy recovery.

Boarding delayed on Aurora again today for cleaning. Same thing happened last Wednesday. Noro is everwhere at the moment. 

• Like 1

Sounds pretty grim. Although to be fair to p&o I think the behaviour of some passengers has made the situation much worse. 

Our son got to know some of the other kids on board and one of the boys got the sickness bug. Less than 24 hours later he was out and about feeling fine, the following day his sister was struck down. I'm no expert but surely the boy should have been kept in the cabin slightly longer. I don't even know if the family reported it to p&o. 

I feel sorry for the staff, can you imagine how hellish it must be for them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Megjake said:

Sounds pretty grim. Although to be fair to p&o I think the behaviour of some passengers has made the situation much worse. 

Our son got to know some of the other kids on board and one of the boys got the sickness bug. Less than 24 hours later he was out and about feeling fine, the following day his sister was struck down. I'm no expert but surely the boy should have been kept in the cabin slightly longer. I don't even know if the family reported it to p&o. 

I feel sorry for the staff, can you imagine how hellish it must be for them. 

It sounds very grim but I do feel the crew might have a point about cancelling the next cruise. Afterall, the ship won't be free until the crew are free of it.

1 minute ago, Megjake said:

And again I think maybe some of the staff weren't helping the situation either. We bought our daughter a cuddly toy from the shop on board. We asked the shop assistant if he could take the tag off, which he obligingly did....using his teeth!!!

Yeuck! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Megjake said:

And again I think maybe some of the staff weren't helping the situation either. We bought our daughter a cuddly toy from the shop on board. We asked the shop assistant if he could take the tag off, which he obligingly did....using his teeth!!!

Wow.

If they are not letting you have your washing back I would be hopping mad - that is theft.  I would be making strong representations to reception, even if they take it out and deliver it to you wet, you would at least get your clothes back.  I would be interested if @molecrochip has a view on the theft of washing by P&O!