Design a Princess ship: Let's have some fun

I guess it all depends on the voyage and what PCL needs to eliminate in order to fit that lounge in. IMHO eliminating something as large as the Vista Lounge for the entire voyage to fit in a lounge dedicated to 1 Captain Circle class isn't practical.  And yes, there have been over 700 elites on my recent voyages. 

• Haha 1

How many people (at any one time) does the current Royal Class ship concierge lounge have?  I see it as a place for an office.  And a place where people will pop in to grab a bite/drink.  Do passengers really lounge in the lounge?

I will never find out since I won't cruise on these big ships.  I would like this option on their smaller ships though.

I think Princess will be surprised how many folks would cruise on a smaller ship that included all of the best.  I'd even pay a little more.

There is no right or wrong answer.  Thanks to everyone who has participated in this thread.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ombud said:

I guess it all depends on the voyage and what PCL needs to eliminate in order to fit that lounge in. IMHO eliminating something as large as the Vista Lounge for the entire voyage to fit in a lounge dedicated to 1 Captain Circle class isn't practical.  And yes, there have been over 700 elites on my recent voyages. 

Again, we are only wanting, wishing, hoping, imagining, pretending a new design for a new ship not retrofitting a current ship or class of ship. 🙄 Reality doesn't need to be part of the design or this thread.

As a disclaimer do I really think a dedicated lounge for P&E will ever happen? My Magic 8 Ball says, "cannot predict now". 🎱

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, doghog said:

Again, we are only wanting, wishing, hoping, imagining, pretending a new design for a new ship not retrofitting a current ship or class of ship. 🙄 Reality doesn't need to be part of the design or this thread.

As a disclaimer do I really think a dedicated lounge for P&E will ever happen? My Magic 8 Ball says, "cannot predict now". 🎱

In that case:

> bring back a Pacific Princess size ship

> all balconies

> largest piazza possible with IC & OMalleys

on Deck 5, Vines & SDG on Deck 6

> minimize Art Gallery & Photo Gallery by utilizing display screens rather than wall space freeing up more open space

> restructure internet Cafe to just be an info desk sharing space with Future Cruise (O.N.E  Office)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

In that case:

> bring back a Pacific Princess size ship

> all balconies

> largest piazza possible with IC & OMalleys

on Deck 5, Vines & SDG on Deck 6

> minimize Art Gallery & Photo Gallery by utilizing display screens rather than wall space freeing up more open space

> restructure internet Cafe to just be an info desk sharing space with Future Cruise (O.N.E  Office)

If that is your idea of a perfect ship, right on. As a matter of fact I had suggested your fourth bullet in one of my previous posts. Glad we agree. Cheers. 🍻

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, doghog said:

If that is your idea of a perfect ship, right on. As a matter of fact I had suggested your fourth bullet in one of my previous posts. Glad we agree. Cheers. 🍻

Yeah ..... those 3 depts can achieve their objects without wasting so much floor space

As ships get larger i find myself looking for smaller alternatives  (note to self: must try Coral) 

I realize that we want slightly different things outside of those 2-3 but it'd be nice if there was a line that had both (albeit on different ships)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 2:10 AM, doghog said:

We've never experienced any of that with Celebrity, RC or Princess with the people we speak with. Thanks for the heads up as I'll try and avoid you at the next CC HH as I don't want to hear you try to outdo others. Cheers...🍻😂

Cheers. I avoid those events.. so we won't bump into each other lol. I can't comment on Celebrity or RC.. but on Princess it's rife. Who cares how many times you've cruised. 😁🤣

1 hour ago, Over from NZ said:

Cheers. I avoid those events.. so we won't bump into each other lol. I can't comment on Celebrity or RC.. but on Princess it's rife. Who cares how many times you've cruised. 😁🤣

If you say so. Not our thing to talk number of cruises, cabins or tier levels, politics, religion and Cruise Critic. 😂

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 9:59 AM, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Or they could offer wireless headphones where you control the volume. I’m not saying make MUTS quiet, and only have headphones, but have enough headphones to help out those who want it louder

Great idea. Even better if we could connect our own AirPods or headphones. 

Can we talk about moving electrical outlets to near the bed? There are enough CPAP users to make this a no-brainer. (I'm married to one.)

I'm also another vote for better quiet areas.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 8:19 AM, voljeep said:

add a 24 hour Waffle House - casual dining option for the "steak"

The main dining rooms already offer menu items reminiscent of a Waffle House (ex. meat loaf). Let's not encourage Princess to move any further in that direction.