Vista Suite on Grand

Hello,

We booked the Hawaii RT LA again this year on the Grand. No minis left this late and I like to know my cabin up front so TA suggested the aft Vista Suite on deck 10. Only in a suite on Princess once on the Regal aft the balcony was amazing. Now for my questions anybody been in the aft Vista Suite before, any tips? Also first night shows specialty dinning? Is that booked prior to boarding and is it limited to one choice? We have a package so can I change the bar set up to just a couple diet soda cans and maybe a bottle of wine? Is the balcony big enough for our anniversary dinner should be warm enough. On Regal we were cramped in the living room eating off the coffee table due to weather.

Thanks as always for any information, Laura

44 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Hello,

We booked the Hawaii RT LA again this year on the Grand. No minis left this late and I like to know my cabin up front so TA suggested the aft Vista Suite on deck 10. Only in a suite on Princess once on the Regal aft the balcony was amazing. Now for my questions anybody been in the aft Vista Suite before, any tips? Also first night shows specialty dinning? Is that booked prior to boarding and is it limited to one choice? We have a package so can I change the bar set up to just a couple diet soda cans and maybe a bottle of wine? Is the balcony big enough for our anniversary dinner should be warm enough. On Regal we were cramped in the living room eating off the coffee table due to weather.

Thanks as always for any information, Laura

I have not sailed in an aft Vista Suite on the Grand, so I can't respond to that part of your question. However, I have sailed several times in a different suite on the Grand.

First night specialty dining can be in any specialty restaurant. You can usually book it after boarding with no problem - I'm generally not successful in booking it in advance at no charge. They keep several spaces open for suites the first night. Call the DINE line after boarding to make your reservation.

You can change the entire mini-bar for a bottle of wine, but it's probably not a good deal. The wine choices are limited, and you're probably better just to buy by the glass using your package. You can change the drinks. You can change each non-alcoholic drink for another non-alcoholic drinks. You can change each alcoholic drink for either another alcoholic drink or a non-alcoholic drink. Just call Room Service after you board to give them your selection.

For your anniversary dinner, you don't have to book one of the special balcony dinners unless you want to. You can order anything from the full MDR menu to be delivered to your room by Room Service during MDR operating hours. However they will deliver everything at one time - not in courses, so an ice cream desert may not be a good idea. If you want, you can order appetizers and mains first and then call back later to order deserts.

1st night specialty dining. You can choose either the Crown Grill or Sabatini's. There will be space available for full suite passengers. Call the dining line once on board.

The mini bar set up includes 10 alcoholic and 10 non alcoholic beverages: 8 x 50ml spirits, 2 beers, 2 x 500ml plain water, 2 bottles Perrier, 2 cans club soda, 2 cans Diet Coke, 2 cans regular Coke. There may be some variations. You can trade any alcoholic or non alcoholic item for any non alcoholic beverage. Yes, you can trade any item for Diet Coke. You can trade the entire 20 items for one bottle of wine. Call room service for trades.

• Like 1

Here’s a picture of C750 balcony on the Grand. I much prefer the Dolphin deck vista suites for the deeper balcony if they are available. 
‘I do love the aft facing suites on the grand class. I’ve never had a soot issue and they are remarkably wind free. 

IMG_2252.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Here’s a picture of C750 balcony on the Grand. I much prefer the Dolphin deck vista suites for the deeper balcony if they are available. 
‘I do love the aft facing suites on the grand class. I’ve never had a soot issue and they are remarkably wind free. 

IMG_2252.jpeg

Thank you this was the only cabin left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NavyVeteran said:

I have not sailed in an aft Vista Suite on the Grand, so I can't respond to that part of your question. However, I have sailed several times in a different suite on the Grand.

First night specialty dining can be in any specialty restaurant. You can usually book it after boarding with no problem - I'm generally not successful in booking it in advance at no charge. They keep several spaces open for suites the first night. Call the DINE line after boarding to make your reservation.

You can change the entire mini-bar for a bottle of wine, but it's probably not a good deal. The wine choices are limited, and you're probably better just to buy by the glass using your package. You can change the drinks. You can change each non-alcoholic drink for another non-alcoholic drinks. You can change each alcoholic drink for either another alcoholic drink or a non-alcoholic drink. Just call Room Service after you board to give them your selection.

For your anniversary dinner, you don't have to book one of the special balcony dinners unless you want to. You can order anything from the full MDR menu to be delivered to your room by Room Service during MDR operating hours. However they will deliver everything at one time - not in courses, so an ice cream desert may not be a good idea. If you want, you can order appetizers and mains first and then call back later to order deserts.

Very detailed thank you. I will check the dine line as soon as we board.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

1st night specialty dining. You can choose either the Crown Grill or Sabatini's. There will be space available for full suite passengers. Call the dining line once on board.

The mini bar set up includes 10 alcoholic and 10 non alcoholic beverages: 8 x 50ml spirits, 2 beers, 2 x 500ml plain water, 2 bottles Perrier, 2 cans club soda, 2 cans Diet Coke, 2 cans regular Coke. There may be some variations. You can trade any alcoholic or non alcoholic item for any non alcoholic beverage. Yes, you can trade any item for Diet Coke. You can trade the entire 20 items for one bottle of wine. Call room service for trades.

Thanks

My very first suite that I ever booked on Princess was a Vista Suite on the Grand.  It was on 9.  It spoiled me forever and now when I book a suite on the older ships, it is what I get.  Done so on the Grand, Ruby, Sapphire and Caribbean.  You'll love it.  

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Like the aft Vista suites but love the aft Penthouse suites

We love aft as well never had a Vista (this was all available don't do guarantees) on Princess but have gotten a Penthouse for our Panama cruise next May on the Island Princess.

Thanks