Radiance - are blankets available onboard?

I know it's early in the season, but are the blankets available on Radiance for those who pre-purchased them? I purchased blankets for our 4 cabins for a July 12 cruise. I know last year many people reported not getting them even though they were pre-ordered. Just wondering what is happening so far. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, surgie said:

I know it's early in the season, but are the blankets available on Radiance for those who pre-purchased them? I purchased blankets for our 4 cabins for a July 12 cruise. I know last year many people reported not getting them even though they were pre-ordered. Just wondering what is happening so far. Thanks! 

wow, do you know if those that did not get them onboard were offered a refund?

I only ordered one for wife to be able to use it onboard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cello56 said:

Where did you find these blankets to buy?

cruise planner (manage my cruise) under "gifts and gear", currently on sale 20% off

• Like 1

Each cruise I’ve been on l have asked our cabin steward for 2 blankets.  Each time they bring them. No issues.  We get one to replace the duvet and another for the couch.  I can’t imagine buying them.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ATG said:

Each cruise I’ve been on l have asked our cabin steward for 2 blankets.  Each time they bring them. No issues.  We get one to replace the duvet and another for the couch.  I can’t imagine buying them.

I was wondering about this too.  Why would anyone need to buy blankets?  Just ask the steward for more.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ngrund said:

wow, do you know if those that did not get them onboard were offered a refund?

I only ordered one for wife to be able to use it onboard

Yes, they got a refund. There was a lot of chatter last summer during the height of the cruise season from disappointed passengers. There was a shortage of the product. Some ships had them and others did not. 

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

We bought one a couple years ago. Actually a nice blanket. Good for looking at the scenery on the balcony.

I don't think you'd really need one in the room itself though.

No I'm sure I don't but I purchased one for each of the grandkids to use on the ship and have as a souvenir (which I'll be packing to bring home in compression bags). 

5 hours ago, time4u2go said:

I was wondering about this too.  Why would anyone need to buy blankets?  Just ask the steward for more.

I realize that but I bought one for each of the grandkids to take home as a souvenir. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ATG said:

Yes I know but I'm buying them for each of the grandkids as a souvenir. 

5 hours ago, time4u2go said:

They call them blankets, but "fleece wrap" would probably be a better term-if its chilly on deck or on the balcony and they have the royal logo,so it would also be a nice souvenir.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ngrund said:

They call them blankets, but "fleece wrap" would probably be a better term-if its chilly on deck or on the balcony and they have the royal logo,so it would also be a nice souvenir.

So are you talking about Oodies. That are fleece blankets with hoods?

23 hours ago, ngrund said:

Yes - fleece wrap is a much better name! I wish they were a bit smaller, more like a throw than a twin size bed blanket. But awhile back they were offered at a pretty good discount so we'll see if they actually have them when we board. They are supposed to be in the cabins with the the kids' names on the packaging. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, surgie said:

Yes - fleece wrap is a much better name! I wish they were a bit smaller, more like a throw than a twin size bed blanket. But awhile back they were offered at a pretty good discount so we'll see if they actually have them when we board. They are supposed to be in the cabins with the the kids' names on the packaging. 

which cruise will you be on? wife and I are on the South Bound 6/21

never mind-I just reread OP

Edited by ngrund
  • Like 1

In Alaska you can also check out Pendleton-style blankets for use on the ship.  Same as towels - they must be returned at the end of the cruise.

We haven't tried the purchased ones yet since we really don't want to mess with adding them to luggage for flights.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeeW said:

We haven't tried the purchased ones yet since we really don't want to mess with adding them to luggage for flights.

That's the downside but I'm getting them as souvenirs for the grandkids. I plan to bring some compression bags and a packable duffel to haul them home. Kind of a pain but the blankets will be a nice memory for their first cruise. But if they run out of them like they did last year, then we'll go to plan B.

We just got back from a back to back cruise on Radiance and I saw a few photos with them on beds. I would have loved to order one, but with having to pack for a three week cold weather vacation with international flights, it just was not an option.

Corinna

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dolphingirl47 said:

We just got back from a back to back cruise on Radiance and I saw a few photos with them on beds. I would have loved to order one, but with having to pack for a three week cold weather vacation with international flights, it just was not an option.

Corinna

I totally get that! We do get 2 free checked bags each with our airline and heading home soon after the cruise. I know the kids will love them but the parents' first thought will be - oh no, how will we get these home?!! So I thought Nana better take responsibility lol. 

• Like 1