Churrascaria Grill on Sapphire Princess

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I didn't notice any chaos in the pictures.

Me neither. It looks pretty good.

I just mentioned early reports from February.

39 USD + service charge. Thought it was 29 USD.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Menu and photos from Diamond Churrascaria.

** Not my photos. Courtesy of Keith Harris, from FB**

FB_IMG_1715734492710.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734496007.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734500949.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734508873.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734510962.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734525337.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734523155.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734531492.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734529343.jpg

FB_IMG_1715734513203.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing these photos! I must admit it looks better than I expected. Especially happy to see some seafood options as I’m not the meathead the hubbs is 😂

I think we would still prefer Sterling, but we will give this a try! 

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I recently experienced a Brazilian Dinner in Hawaii for $79 per person.  I would not do this again.  I can't say how it is on a ship, but I would never eat my way through the cost to break even.  The food was good.  The experience was one and done.  I have heard that the Sterling Steakhouse was much better than the Crown Grill.  Too bad Princess decided on this change.

We left the Sapphire last week, and crew told us this was the last voyage for the Sterling Steakhouse. We ate there once. Food was meh. Service was excellent though since there were only three parties/tables dining there. 

I'm booked on the last southbound Voyage of the Glaciers on Sapphire this year. I just checked my steakhouse booking on the app, and indeed it is now the Brazilian version. 

Waiting for reviews to come in, but considering canceling. I'm sailing solo and a Brazilian Steakhouse is really more conducive to a group experience. 

On 5/14/2024 at 5:35 PM, EDVM96 said:

Yes, it is. People on the Diamond reported it in this forum. The waiters get the sides just from Horizon Court galley. And so is the beef.

On the Grand Class ships, and Sapphire is a Japanese built version of the grand class any of the specialty or casual restaurants located in the back areas next to the buffet used some of the same Galley spaces in between the buffet areas. Was the same when the Steak house was there. 

So nothing new.

30 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

From the pictures, it looks like you can have more than one meat (with the "yes" "no" coaster thingys. Is this correct? How many types of meat for one meal?

Traditionally they bring around skewers and you can sample as much or as little of every type of meat as you would like.

Its unfortunate that pineapple isn't on the menu.  Grilled pineapple is the best!

(and pairing sushi with it is just a little wierd)

• Like 1

I will be on the Sapphire Princess May 25 to June 8, and I can't find one opening in the dining for this restaurant.  
Has anyone gone there to try to get a reservation?  Obviously I can't do it until I board, but I don't know the hours of the Churrascaria. 

Does anyone her know the hours that it's open?

On 5/14/2024 at 8:31 PM, EDVM96 said:

Me neither. It looks pretty good.

I just mentioned early reports from February.

39 USD + service charge. Thought it was 29 USD.

Kids up to 12 are $19.50

My wife and I ate here Saturday night and it was excellent.   The service was very attentive,  they would bring any cut you wanted.  The picana was amazing as were most of the cuts We tasted.   The Brazilian sausage, filet and lamp chops stood out.  The grilled pineapple was awesome.  We loved it,  on par with those we have been to on land. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VikingRob said:

My wife and I ate here Saturday night and it was excellent.   The service was very attentive,  they would bring any cut you wanted.  The picana was amazing as were most of the cuts We tasted.   The Brazilian sausage, filet and lamp chops stood out.  The grilled pineapple was awesome.  We loved it,  on par with those we have been to on land. 

They had grilled pineapple?  I am so in!  

• Like 1