No response from Celebrity-upper suite amenities

Sailing soon in upper suite on Reflection. Received the email to pick amenities-dinner reservations, in room bar, etc a couple of months ago, replied and no response. Tried the online chat, doesn’t work and never got email response I requested. Called retreat number, was given another email to send to, did that, still no response. 

Any other suggestions on how to move forward with this?

I have done 2 other upper suite cruises with Celebrity, never had this issue before….more cutbacks?  Have one more cruise booked with them, then likely will move on elsewhere. 

Thanks. 

• Haha 1

1-877-RETREAT. Is this the number you called?  If so, call again. If not, I’d send an email to the executive office explaining your dissatisfaction. Lack of response to your preboarding requests is unacceptable. Lbethge@celebritycruises.com will take you to the top where someone in her office will respond promptly. There’s another email too but I can’t find it atm but will follow up when I do. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

1-877-RETREAT. Is this the number you called?  If so, call again. If not, I’d send an email to the executive office explaining your dissatisfaction. Lack of response to your preboarding requests is unacceptable. Lbethge@celebritycruises.com will take you to the top where someone in her office will respond promptly. There’s another email too but I can’t find it atm but will follow up when I do. 

Thank you. Yes, that was the number. Please post email when you can. 

22 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

In my experience if your request is something extremely specific or outside of the scope of the initial email they typically don’t respond to general communication. 

I've been in 3 Royal suites over the years and have always gotten an e-mail response.  Mostly just to confirm the dinner reservations because a couple of our requested times were not available.  

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

In my experience if your request is something extremely specific or outside of the scope of the initial email they typically don’t respond to general communication. 

Requests were routine, dinner reservations and in room bar set up.  Same as other 2 upper suite cruises. 

We’re having a similar experience.  This is my first time back to celebrity in 10+ years.  We’re in a Penthouse suite on the Beyond and very close to our sail date.  I’ve received nothing, no email, no call.  I even called them myself 2 weeks ago and they said someone would be in touch.  Still nothing.  Since then, I’ve come to realize through these boards that I called the main line vs the Retreat line.  I understand that I can call the Shoreside concierge myself (which I will do if I haven’t heard from someone by Monday), but it certainly impacts first impressions.  We’ve been loyal NCL Haven cruisers and decided to give Celebrity another try based on all the positive Retreat reviews.  I can’t help but compare and NCL has always been very proactive with communications in higher end suites.  It’s been disappointing to hear others being contacted and think we somehow got overlooked. I understanding this is first world problems, and take it in stride, However, given the price tag that this suite comes with, there is a certain expectation of service that has not been met, and it’s unfortunate to have not even embarked yet and experience disappointment.  

Trying to recall whether we got confirmatory email for most recent cruise, or the one we’re about to take. Don’t think so.  That said, on Feb. cruise, everything was as requested. 

I wouldn’t fret. On luxury lines such as SS, there is no pre-reach out. 

Agree re calling if concerned.  

We do a royal suite every year but it’s a charter , so we get no email, but we get all the same perks , free specialty restaurants, choice of two liters of liquor, etc . 

Make sure if you call the RETREAT 800 number, that you pick Option 3.  If you pick 2 (existing reservation) you are ported to the normal reservation line.  Option 3 will put you with a Retreat person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ksmcali said:

We’re having a similar experience.  This is my first time back to celebrity in 10+ years.  We’re in a Penthouse suite on the Beyond and very close to our sail date.  I’ve received nothing, no email, no call.  I even called them myself 2 weeks ago and they said someone would be in touch.  Still nothing.  Since then, I’ve come to realize through these boards that I called the main line vs the Retreat line.  I understand that I can call the Shoreside concierge myself (which I will do if I haven’t heard from someone by Monday), but it certainly impacts first impressions.  We’ve been loyal NCL Haven cruisers and decided to give Celebrity another try based on all the positive Retreat reviews.  I can’t help but compare and NCL has always been very proactive with communications in higher end suites.  It’s been disappointing to hear others being contacted and think we somehow got overlooked. I understanding this is first world problems, and take it in stride, However, given the price tag that this suite comes with, there is a certain expectation of service that has not been met, and it’s unfortunate to have not even embarked yet and experience disappointment.  

Was on Beyond in a Penthouse end of April, and the shoreside concierge emails were pretty slow. I'd give them a few days then just send a quick follow-up for confirmation which typically came a few days later. Although the "urgent" questions I sent a night or two before the cruise didn't get a reply until 1-2 days into the cruise, even that was answered.

If you're still over a week out, try to be a bit patient as it seems to always be 1 (MAYBE 2) contacts that are handling all the shoreside for the ship. Assuming it's the same folks and if it's any consolation, every little detail (dining reservations, celebration, allergies, etc.) I called out in my few emails to them were 100% taken care of when we boarded, and we didn't need a single thing corrected/requested.

Enjoy the room!

• Like 1

The response time varies by the ship.   On recent cruises I've fount the Retreat to be very responsive and if I call the agent would be able to look at my record and confirm that the requests were sent to the ship.

I would try calling again and if they can't confirm ask to speak to a Supervisor.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 8:42 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

executiveoffice@celebrity.com

Update:  Sent email to this address 3 days ago, still nothing back. Trying this one later today; Lbethge@celebritycruises.com

Disappointing, to say the least. 

8 hours ago, travel1light said:

Update:  Sent email to this address 3 days ago, still nothing back. Trying this one later today; Lbethge@celebritycruises.com

Disappointing, to say the least. 

That email bounced…address couldn’t be found.