Would you guys trust the regular 1-800 line to make a simple cabin change?

pompeii

4 minutes ago, pompeii said:

What do they say to do?  Mine just said leave a vm because her messages would be monitored. 

When we left a vm because she was off for her birthday we received a callback in about 24 hours. When she is gone on a cruise she usually leaves an option to be transferred to what she calls the back office which answered right away

On one of the cruises I have booked, I noticed after booking on-line that I had selected a “connecting” room.  I don’t like being in connecting rooms, so I called the call center to change to another room.  I obviously got the Philippine call center, because the person didn’t know what a connecting room is.  Once I educated her, she took about 15 minutes and told me there were absolutely no non-connecting rooms available on the ship (1 year ahead of the cruise).  I found one that would suit me and said I wanted to change to that, and she said I had to cancel and rebook.  I asked her to check with someone else.  After about another 15 minutes, she came back and it had been change.  Never again will use the call center for anything.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

What did you end up doing? 

I called the 800 number this morning and got someone who seemed to know what she was doing.  She made the change to the new cabin, tried to sell me the plus package, sent me our new confirmation with everything exactly the same except for the new cabin, and from what I can see, all is good.  (btw, I did post this info earlier in this thread so I didn't keep you all hanging😉.  One of my pet peeves....)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, pompeii said:

I called the 800 number this morning and got someone who seemed to know what she was doing.  She made the change to the new cabin, tried to sell me the plus package, sent me our new confirmation with everything exactly the same except for the new cabin, and from what I can see, all is good.  (btw, I did post this info earlier in this thread so I didn't keep you all hanging😉.  One of my pet peeves....)

I’m glad it worked out for you. They always try to sell me the Plus package, the Premier package, excursions, and specialty dining when I call the 800 number. I just keep saying, no thank you. 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

As I have told my PVP previously,  "if I have to call Princess with their current Customer Support Team, I'm calling 1-800-647-2251 to make a new booking!!

I refuse to call Princess Customer Support for anything since they can't seem to be able to correctly do things.

Just my two cents!

29 minutes ago, dweeb said:

As I have told my PVP previously,  "if I have to call Princess with their current Customer Support Team, I'm calling 1-800-647-2251 to make a new booking!!

I refuse to call Princess Customer Support for anything since they can't seem to be able to correctly do things.

Just my two cents!

Well, I agree with you, but it was either call them or miss out on the cabin I've been waiting to open up.  On any other day my pvp would have taken care of it in a jiffy, but it just happened to be Friday before a holiday weekend.  I will not call the 800 for anything if I can absolutely help it.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, pompeii said:

We wait until onboard to buy the Plus or Premier package. There are always people trying to sell it. The OBC pays for at least part of it.

Edited by billco

21 hours ago, pompeii said:

If you were me, would you try your luck with chat or the phone number?  Just wondered if one or the other has more chance of getting someone who knows what they're doing.

I’ve only tried the chat line once and after an hour, she just disconnected.  
I think I’d try the phone line .. at least you can keep them on the line until you get your new invoice to ensure everything is right.  You can also express you want no changes to anything else .. just the room change.  

10 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I’ve only tried the chat line once and after an hour, she just disconnected.  
I think I’d try the phone line .. at least you can keep them on the line until you get your new invoice to ensure everything is right.  You can also express you want no changes to anything else .. just the room change.  

Yes, that is pretty much exactly what I did.  I told her the only thing I wanted to change was my cabin assignment to one that was the same category and price.  She confirmed the same category and price then made the change.  I refreshed my cruise personalizer while on the phone and it reflected the change and the same fare, obc, etc.  I didn't get my confirmation until after I was off the phone (she said it would take up to 24 hours to receive, but I actually got it a minute or so later) and it was correct. 

I just checked everything again this morning and all is still good🙂

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, pompeii said:

Yes, that is pretty much exactly what I did.  I told her the only thing I wanted to change was my cabin assignment to one that was the same category and price.  She confirmed the same category and price then made the change.  I refreshed my cruise personalizer while on the phone and it reflected the change and the same fare, obc, etc.  I didn't get my confirmation until after I was off the phone (she said it would take up to 24 hours to receive, but I actually got it a minute or so later) and it was correct. 

I just checked everything again this morning and all is still good🙂

Excellent!  So glad that worked for you.  
Some of the phone reps are good, many are not.  I had one bad experience on the chat line so haven’t used them since that time.  

• Thanks 1

I did this on our current booking and it worked fine. I knew exactly which cabin I wanted to switch to, it was in the same category and there was no price difference. The call center rep was able to easily make the change for me and I got the confirmation immediately. The call rep did have an accent and there was a little background noise but he seemed very eager to help. What I did NOT like was the brief survey I took at the end of the call. I was happy with the interaction and gave the rep 5’s but the last question was really odd. It was something like “ If you were a business owner, would you hire the person who helped you okay?” Or something to that effect. What the heck kind of question is that?

22 hours ago, pompeii said:

Yikes, I will definitely double check it all tomorrow.

Had you received a booking confirmation?  

Yes, we received a booking confirmation.  The only reason we booked with the 1-800 number was because the promotion that we wanted to take advantage of was ending on a Sunday, and our travel agent wouldn't be at work until Monday.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, windango said:

I did this on our current booking and it worked fine. I knew exactly which cabin I wanted to switch to, it was in the same category and there was no price difference. The call center rep was able to easily make the change for me and I got the confirmation immediately. The call rep did have an accent and there was a little background noise but he seemed very eager to help. What I did NOT like was the brief survey I took at the end of the call. I was happy with the interaction and gave the rep 5’s but the last question was really odd. It was something like “ If you were a business owner, would you hire the person who helped you okay?” Or something to that effect. What the heck kind of question is that?

That’s a pretty common question on customer service surveys. They basically want to know if you were happy enough with the rep’s service that you wouldn’t mind having them work for you and represent your company. 

6 minutes ago, lovevacadays said:

That’s great it worked out for you. I always mark my cabin “no upgrade” as some upgrades end up not being an upgrade because of things like location, etc.  

Good point.  I forgot to have her mark it no upgrade, so I'll email my pvp again to do that when she returns.